Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've got posts where I said the same things on grassy and CaneSport, when real estate prices were much lower.

I don't doubt it one bit. I just thought it was funny that people would argue who's idea it was for the U to buy houses, first. Or any other thought on a message board for that matter. We're all plagiarists most likely.

I don’t understand the constant “we reported this. They don’t know this” Prior to Manny being fired the two most consistent sites have been here and 247. Lake has done a great job and so have the posters here. If one did not know about this site and only had 247 they would be just fine and Vice versa. This board poops on 247 and then the crack fiends immediately post every bit of information their mods write.

In a world where people crave constant information on their teams both sites coexist and add value in different ways.

You all could be more plugged in but it’s not fair to say because you aren’t a paid journalist. You sit behind a keyboard incognito underneath usernames and report what you know. Does your username hold weight, yes. but it’s still not your actual identity. If you say something and it doesn’t come to fruition the consequences aren’t the same. Therefore, you can say things that someone like Lake or Gabby simply can’t. However, Gabby was the first to report Jean commitment, Lake was on point about the hiring of Mario and Radakovich. With new people in the building and old people out, I’m sure there’s a level of professional trust that they’re trying to build. But nevertheless are still doing a good job.

All true Canes fans know there are two legitimate places to get updates, here and 247. It’s been like that for 10 years. We appreciate you Cribby but there’s no need to put them down to validate this site. We all know the deal and can agree Rivals is *** cheeks. CanesInSight and InsidetheU all day everyday

The constant journalist/insider ****ing contest I observe on different Canes message boards is among the dumbest things out there. I'll never understand how anyone actually cares about that stuff. Just the nature of humanity, I guess. Even in a pretty niche community like a college football message board, where ostensibly people are rather passionately on the same side, those same people still find a way to get after each other. I couldn't care less who breaks news or who knows what "really going on" I appreciate anyone from any source who is willing to share what they're hearing and I'll every last bit of it with a grain of salt.

Advertisement
I believe staff is in place but the guys/gal with info here have been instructed to keep quiet. Mario came in looking for loose lips so not hearing anything with staff coorelates. We've had several instances of fake news so I think they all are being careful to not overshare and reveal sources.

Advertisement
What’s the difference between Detroit style
Pizza and a square cut Pizza Hut pan pizza?

The Office Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
While both Detroit and Chicago styles are good, they are not pizza. Chicago, especially, is more like a casserole.
I have stated this before there is a place in Chicago called Oven Grinders, every time I got to Chicago it is a regular stop for me. Can’t go to Chicago without eating there once. Cash only and they due a take on the deep dish pizza but it is really a deep dish pot pie, picture a 90 year old Sicilian lady must be up at 3am to start making the marinara from scratch. Hands down insanely good and their Mediterranean flat bread is fire. Everyone that goes to Chicago has to try it once. Opens at 4pm and by 4:15pm there is a line to get a table.
Anywho any other news????

Disclaimer: By no means I am I implying it will be the same, but

DiFaras is on Goldbelly. I use that site often to get foods delivered to my doorstep from around the country when I am craving certain things or just feel like trying a place I may never walk into. It’s been my foody go to site.

It’s most likely not going to taste as good as a live sit down. But I have had a few things on Goldbelly where I also had the same thing at the joint and it tasted almost exactly the same.

Never done pizza on Goldbelly. They have a great selection of famous bbq , bakery’s and tons of other niches on there

If Cryptical inspired you and you aren’t in the area to go live, it’s probably worth it just to say you’ve had it.
Problem with Goldbelly .. frozen pizza = frozen pizza. People rave about Zupardi's in New Haven ... well you better **** well go to New Haven to the restaurant if you want something of good quality ... frozen it's not much different than California Pizza Kitchens frozen at Publix.

Last edited:
So, those that have been to Buffalo, best wings??

Best Philly cheesesteak in Philly??
Met some people back in October in Punta Cana from Buffalo and apparently they tell tourists one place is the best so they don’t crowd up the actual best place to get wings…

Haven’t been yet so I can’t confirm but what I was told:

Duffs or Elmo’s - don’t let anyone fool you into anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back