Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario has no master plan. Let's be real. Guy is getting $8 million per to coach his alma mater and has everyone wrapped around his finger. Do you think he feels an ounce of pressure? Come on now.

Of course he does. I think Mario might have miscalculated how difficult it would be to make his hires (I think he overshot in some cases). I know he thought “I have the money so I can get whoever I want” and as we have seen, it’s more complicated than that. One thing I hope Mario takes from all this is lessons learned.

Advertisement
Not to be in a panic, but there is zero chance that Mario’s plan was to have 3 out of 10 spots filled 7 weeks into the job and 3 days before NSD.

I still think the staff will be good once it is filled but the optics of this aren’t good, are being used against us, and do have some negative consequences. He’s got a bunch of hires to make and he needs to make them. We need a coaching staff actually working with the team and with each other.
I’m starting to think the staff is going to ok at best. I’m gradually losing faith by the day.

Big blow no doubt.

Ngl, I’m not understanding how people don't think this is the two biggest powers in the SEC intentionally tampering with our process and program. From his time at Bama, there’s no doubt that coaching circles know the kind of recruiting acumen Mario brings to the table, as people in media and on here have brought up time and again. Now that he is coaching at a storied program located in the hotbed of CFB recruiting (which is where Bama and UGA etc. love to pluck kids from on a yearly basis), it’s open season.

There isn’t a single Canes fan who should be clueless to the politics and power plays that are currently taking place. The CFB elites hate us and want us to fail, they know their jobs will become that much more difficult if they allow Mario to hire whichever stud recruiters he wants to try and lock down SoFla.

Now, that doesn’t mean you can’t believe that Mario is also bringing this upon himself by dragging this process out. Being thorough yet swift in your decision making is possible believe it or not. In retrospect, this was always going to be the downside with Mario’s focus on and love for recruiting - it seems that he neglects or maybe is more hands off with other processes that are just as important.

My 2¢

Advertisement
Advertisement
WE COULDA BEEN SUPER STARS

lane-kiffin.gif

giphy.gif
Lmao..... This got me

I was Team Mario until today, off the wagon now. I get that T-Rob went to Bama and McClendon went back to his alma mater, but to not have contingency plans or the ability to make other hires reeks of resource mismanagement and arrogance.
Today was the last straw for the guy with Manny in a Publix uniform as his avi.

The sky is officially falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back