Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
At work. Dropped in to see if any news…lol
3AD98EDC-18FD-46A7-8B58-20049268FFE8.jpeg

Advertisement
All I can say is: Larry Bird doing pilates and having a hyperbaric chamber post-game/his summers and analytics reports post game rather than putting cement in his driveway and drinking beer, or with tailor fit modern shoes for his foot and body type rather than chuck taylor cons all-star shoes would have likely:

A) extended the high points of his career. Thus his number of years with higher statistical proficiency and potential winning would have been 2-3 years higher at minimum than it would have been under the conditions he played.
B) he would not have radically changed in overall athleticism but his balance, footwork, etc may have improved and had been more agile etc., thus compensating for any generational differences in athleticism.
C)probably would have had a physique with more lean muscle due to generational differences in strength and nutrition. Thus, also compensating for any generational differences in strength.
D) in a more European ball centered generation he may have even slightly improved his scoring numbers in itself even after taking into account nutritional, technological, strength, and analytical differences by generation.

Also, older players (80s and 90s) who would have benefitted and likely been the same or better with the advances mentioned above are too many to name:

Dominique Wilkins, Tom Chambers, Clyde Drexler, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Dennis Scott (would have been lethal in modern game and with improved benefits mentioned above), Glenn Rice, Grant Hill, Dr. J, Kevin Mchale, Reggie Miller, JR Rider, Dale Ellis, Damon Stoudamire, Alex English, etc.

Or many, many other guys who weren’t hall of gamers (like some on the above list) who aren’t as well known if you’ve only been following the modern game and depend on the internet and propagandist mythology for remembering who was or was not good. ;)

I went to Daytona Beach for vacay about 20 years ago. Those weren’t there when I was there last.
Definitely not .. they were just added in the past 3 years .. a complex called "One Daytona" .. Bass Pro Shops, Rock Bottom Brewing Company, P.F. Chang's, MiciCi, Italian Kitchen, Custom Burger. And nearby a BJ's Brewhouse. Also has a fancy hotel and Victory Circle .. a place for outdoor concerts.

Advertisement
Bro what? I'm tripping LeBron didn't bring in any talent with Cavs or Lakers when he won those championships it was rhe same roster as thr previous year right? No superstars just him and bums. You got it.
I'd love for you to tell me who those role players were on like the Cavs for example so you could call them the "talent" with a straight face.

Advertisement
So Lebron is the only player they added to the roster? They didn’t add any other players or an All Star Power forward? l Then they go and let him be GM , signing god awful deals to make him happy then he leaves again. Leaving them stuck. Goes to LA and is doing the exact same thing. If you’re a Lakers fan good luck with a future if bad contracts and no draft picks once he leaves lol.
LeBron the player is the GOAT in my opinion, but you didn't ask my opinion on LeBron the GM, who is trash lol.

Bro you literally used the Bulls and the Celtics as examples to justify Lebrons big 3. Ofcourse how the teams came together is important. If you saying Cleveland is the looser franchise you do know he returned and won a ring RIGHT? Bulls were a horrible expansion franchise when Jordan got there. He never left he grew as a player and waited for talent to finally got better and won.
This is still dumb..nobody wants to stay around a losing environment not even you at work..the cavs didn’t make a single good move to help lebron stop with the crap

Advertisement
At best Bron is top 5, at worst he is top 10.

1a. Kobe
1b. Jordan
1c. Bird

I’m partial but I give 1a to Kobe because he truly made those around him better, and he won with a lesser supporting cast. If the rape allegations never came around this would have not been as much of a discussion. Unlike Jordan or Bron, Kobe brought home multiple titles with some Hall of Very Good support and didn’t have a team of multiple HOFers (after the Shaq years).

Bird was robbed by his body from being single handedly the best ever. I’d say no one talked more sh@t during their prime and actually backed it up. Won titles with a good but not amazing supporting cast.

It’s tough putting Jordan behind Kobe BUT. having another top 50 all time teammate during nearly his entire run who also happened to be pretty selfless makes the decision easier,

Lebron is amazing but he also benefits from having dudes like Dwight Howard who could still start for over half the teams in the league taking veteran minimum contracts to come off the bench.

Lol all I hear is back in my day we had it so much harder..Jordan played in a tougher league back in my day..you kids are so soft like lebron lol shut up times change all these players are friends through social media and playing AAU ball..lebron and Kd used to work out together in the offseason for years…we barely trash talk nowadays

At best Bron is top 5, at worst he is top 10.

1a. Kobe
1b. Jordan
1c. Bird

I’m partial but I give 1a to Kobe because he truly made those around him better, and he won with a lesser supporting cast. If the rape allegations never came around this would have not been as much of a discussion. Unlike Jordan or Bron, Kobe brought home multiple titles with some Hall of Very Good support and didn’t have a team of multiple HOFers (after the Shaq years).

Bird was robbed by his body from being single handedly the best ever. I’d say no one talked more sh@t during their prime and actually backed it up. Won titles with a good but not amazing supporting cast.

It’s tough putting Jordan behind Kobe BUT. having another top 50 all time teammate during nearly his entire run who also happened to be pretty selfless makes the decision easier,

Lebron is amazing but he also benefits from having dudes like Dwight Howard who could still start for over half the teams in the league taking veteran minimum contracts to come off the bench.
Jordan is #1. It’s a lock
Lebron is #2 but that up for debate
Bird is around the top 5, as high as 4.
Kobe is around the top 10
Kobe is top 3 in likeable but that wasn’t always the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back