Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Ferman on the DC.

I am hearing that Houston continues to up the ante to try to keep Doug Belk from going to Miami. It ultimately will be a question of where he wants to be in my opinion.

Clint Hurtt is officially out. Look for him to be named the DC of the Seattle Seahawks today.

If Belk takes himself out of the running, the next guy up would probably be Anthony Campanile from the Dolphins but the holdup there is that Brian Flores might want him as his defensive coordinator wherever he lands and the Dolphins are also intent on keeping their defensive staff together.

If Brian Daboll gets the Dolphins job or the Giants job, I am hearing he wants Josh Boyer, the current Dolphins DC as his DC.

So if Daboll goes to the fins, that would leave Campanile for Mario to offer if he chooses.
Anthony Campanile is not going to be a DC anywhere in the league even though he’s an awesome LB coach. Flo would bring Josh Boyer with him. Ferman is a ******* idiot trying to put **** on the wall.

Daboll wants Wink. That’s already been released.

Advertisement
Thought of Houston matching (or paying more than) Miami for salary is absurd... nearly as absurd as Belk preferring to stay at UH vs. UM as a springboard for his ultimate objective (i.e., NFL DC or P5 HC)
Ya there's no way that's a factor. Who has Holgorsen spring boarded into a HC gig? You don't go from Houston's DC in the AAC to the HC of Boise State or anything close to that like Mario did for his DC at Oregon.

Houston might go up a little but they're not touching $1.5-1.75M

Wrap it up if he's the guy.

It’s Ferman so hard to believe, but if it’s taken Mario 8 weeks to just get to this point in the DC search, my god.
I can already tell you it’s Bull **** because it’s already been released that Daboll wants Wink to be his DC.

Advertisement
I said days ago that I was done with this thread but I lied to myself…. I’ve skimmed through every page since looking solely for @JayCane20 and @Cribby comments
time will crawl GIF

Advertisement
We (apparently) got bested by Arkansas for Briles, so given that context it’s not that hard to believe. Houston has deep pockets.
I like your posts, but this is out of touch. Arkansas is a SEC blueblood (yes, they haven’t one **** in forever but they an abundance of resource) while Houston is an AAC school. Come on.

I like your posts, but this is out of touch. Arkansas is a SEC blueblood (yes, they haven’t one **** in forever but they an abundance of resource) while Houston is an AAC school. Come on.

An AAC school which took Holgorsen from a Big 12 powerhouse. Holgorsen makes close to $5 million. They can easily pay Belk in the neighborhood of $1.5 million if they want.

Advertisement
I could buy me a mansion and a nice peace of land somewhere else with the money made in Houston compared to Miami so there’s that. The cost of living in Houston is nice. Now the hoes in Miami are much better.

PS: I’m just talking Sh***

Advertisement
As I’ve said, it’s more important to get this right than to land any recruits this year. Y’all are being to short sighted with this entire process. **** up one hire and it ruins all the momentum we’ve built. See Dan Enos.

It doesn’t look like there’s going to be clarity on the Dolphins search anytime soon.

There is clarity. They‘re down to 3 names. Brian Daboll, Mike McDaniel, and Kellen Moore. Daboll is the favorite. If you don’t follow the team then don’t comment.

I’d put GB over KC if I look at a few decades. San Fran is a good call.
Idk GB can't draft for **** and the Aaron Rodgers debacle this off-season changed my tune on them.

If Rodgers up and left like Brady, how long before GB bounced back into contention like the Pats?

As a Niners fan, I wouldn't have put them anywhere close to the top 10 until they fired Baalke and hired Lynch. They draft better now and it just seems like a smooth operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back