Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Now Lake says the Brady smoke is real. Mario has been in touch recently. Sounds like Brady will turn to us if NFL falls through.

If this is true, wouldn’t Brady have been taken by now? No one touched him once he was fired by the panthers. How long would he/Mario wait to see if he gets an NFL job?

Also my concern if he did come would be 1 year and gone but I guess i would be ok with that if it led to an ACC championship

If Belk was hired, Houston would be looking for a DC right now, other programs don’t wait 4 months to hire coaches, they get right to it...

If any of our coahcing hires comes from another college team we’ll know once it hits the line that said school is looking for a replacement of whichever position that coach was coaching.

Arkansas lost their CB’s coach Sam Carter to Ole Miss, they replaced him literally a day later.

If our coaches are coming from the NFL it makes more sense for the cemetery silence, because they’re either currently still employed somewhere or were on a fired staff & they’re simply waiting to see the chips fall with all the NFL moving hires to see if they can stick in the NFL with a new team.
This all makes sense but if the idea of allowing Belk and Houston to close on their class before announcing is the reason wouldn't it benefit Houston to also keep quiet?

I am a lifelong 49er fan. I cannot stand Jimmy G (as a player) and think that Shanahan is an elite coach in multiple aspects except winning the Super Bowl.

However we do not lose to the Rams, especially at our second home stadium.

ED0B1AD0-0039-4D94-911D-E81DF0AC834F.gif

Advertisement
If this is true, wouldn’t Brady have been taken by now? No one touched him once he was fired by the panthers. How long would he/Mario wait to see if he gets an NFL job?

Also my concern if he did come would be 1 year and gone but I guess i would be ok with that if it led to an ACC championship
There’s been two HC vacancies filled both today. There’s hasn’t been any movement because there haven’t been any staffs filled yet.

I am a lifelong 49er fan. I cannot stand Jimmy G (as a player) and think that Shanahan is an elite coach in multiple aspects except winning the Super Bowl.

However we do not lose to the Rams, especially at our second home stadium.
Every time I watch Jimmy G attempt to throw a football I cringe. I feel for you

Advertisement
From 247/Gaby...

"Mario Cristobal has yet to name an offensive coordinator, but one name InsideTheU is hearing on Thursday is Kentucky’s Liam Coen."

Man, we are grasping as a fanbase and certainly our media.

Give me Cribby's take on Brady over the field, please.

Coen has been brought up. Besides being thought of as a really bright young offensive mind he has a really interesting and intriguing CV that includes a lot of play-calling and NFL experience. Many people waxed pretty poetic about Stoops as a HC candidate... well here is the OC he picked.

As a coach:
  • Brown (2010)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • Rhode Island (2011)
    Pass game coordinator & quarterbacks coach
  • Brown (2012–2013)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • UMass (2014–2015)
  • Maine (2016–2017)
    Offensive coordinator
  • Los Angeles Rams (20182019)
    Assistant wide receivers coach
  • Los Angeles Rams (2020)
    Assistant quarterbacks coach
  • Kentucky (2021–present)
    Offensive coordinator & quarterbacks coach

Coen has been brought up. Besides being thought of as a really bright young offensive mind he has a really interesting and intriguing CV that includes a lot of play-calling and NFL experience. Many people waxed pretty poetic about Stoops as a HC candidate... well here is the OC he picked.

As a coach:
  • Brown (2010)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • Rhode Island (2011)
  • Brown (2012–2013)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • UMass (2014–2015)
  • Maine (2016–2017)
    Offensive coordinator
Another Whipple connection.

Advertisement

As a coach:
  • Brown (2010)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • Rhode Island (2011)
  • Brown (2012–2013)
    Quarterbacks coach
  • UMass (2014–2015)
  • Maine (2016–2017)
    Offensive coordinator
Who was the person a few hundred pages ago that clowned UMass and their production of coaches when talking about Whipple and Hankerson?

Advertisement

How many NFL HC jobs haven't been filled yet? Technically he could still be in play at any of those vacancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back