Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The idea that we have coaches hired already but aren't announcing it doesn't make much sense to me.

Why would we tell Belk "sounds good ok so you're our new DC but go ahead and finish up strengthening the Houston roster first. Yeah don't worry about us or landing guys like Shemar, it's all good. See ya after signing day."

What am I missing?

this. if what lands us Shemar is having a talk with his DC regarding scheme and usage and fit this weekend then im sure Mario would have that dc hire wrapped up and announced asap
He could do both. Not formally announced but have conversations with Shemar etc knowing he'll be our DC without hurting Houston (although that's messed up for Houston to do).

Advertisement
The idea that we have coaches hired already but aren't announcing it doesn't make much sense to me.

Why would we tell Belk "sounds good ok so you're our new DC but go ahead and finish up strengthening the Houston roster first. Yeah don't worry about us or landing guys like Shemar, it's all good. See ya after signing day."

What am I missing?
What an insult too, lol. We're ******* UM. And Belk is the DC at a G5 school. You don't tell us to wait so you can help out the G5 school you've been using as a stepping stone the entire time.

Also makes no sense. We offered Candle 2 weeks before NSD, so we're clearly not sensitive to Toledo's recruiting needs lmfao. Nor should we be.

It's bs. Hopefully we're finishing up the hires rn, but they're definitely not done yet. When they're done, we'll know almost immediately. There's no grand chess move going on here.

Last edited:
Easily. I don't really like many football movies outside of these. Waterboy is funny and I like Any Given Sunday.

I'm enormously biased toward FNL as I love the book.

I hate Rudy. I don't take All the Right Moves seriously
I’m surprised at that. But that’s why these lists are opinion. I didn’t read FNL. I’d rather jump off a bridge than read a book. I just can’t. I just thought the movie was ok. Tv show was better for me.

Belk and Brady to the U

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
why would we allow Belk to wait but we didn't do the same for K Smith who was announced already. K smith brought in Evans to OM. I don't think that's it all. I think he may be the DC just wants to wait out the ND situation

Exactly. Who gives a ***** about Houston if he is the DC then what’s the real wait?

He should be announced and in Miami recruiting this weekend in Miami.

What am I missing?

You aren’t missing anything. It’s a dumb idea to even think Mario is holding onto announcements. No announcements so far because he hasn’t hired anyone.

He may have verbal agreements/or contracts on guys desk but if it was official it would be announced. No other way around it.

Coaches leave after signing day all the time. They also don’t want to **** over their current staff and university and burn bridges In a relationship and connection based industry. we will see how it shakes out but that’s the only reason Belk wouldn’t be announced if he was already signed like all of the board insiders have Said he is.

Advertisement

What am I missing?
If Belk was hired, Houston would be looking for a DC right now, other programs don’t wait 4 months to hire coaches, they get right to it...

If any of our coahcing hires comes from another college team we’ll know once it hits the line that said school is looking for a replacement of whichever position that coach was coaching.

Arkansas lost their CB’s coach Sam Carter to Ole Miss, they replaced him literally a day later.

If our coaches are coming from the NFL it makes more sense for the cemetery silence, because they’re either currently still employed somewhere or were on a fired staff & they’re simply waiting to see the chips fall with all the NFL moving hires to see if they can stick in the NFL with a new team.

If Belk was hired, Houston would be looking for a DC right now, other programs don’t wait 4 months to hire coaches, they get right to it...

If any of our coahcing hires comes from another college team we’ll know once it hits the line that said school is looking for a replacement of whichever position that coach was coaching.

Arkansas lost their CB’s coach Sam Carter to Ole Miss, they replaced him literally a day later.

If our coaches are coming from the NFL it makes more sense for the cemetery silence, because they’re either currently still employed somewhere or were on a fired staff & they’re simply waiting to see the chips fall with all the NFL moving hires to see if they can stick in the NFL with a new team.
And no coordinator has signed anything with us yet. I my thoughts are when contract signed will be announced

What am I missing?
Believing the insiders.

Advertisement
Slow day on the hiring front huh? Best football movies of all time?

Brian’s Song
North Dallas Forty
The Longest Yard…Burt not Sandler 🤣
Remember the Titans
The Program
Jerry McGuire
Any Given Sunday
Rudy
Varsity Blues
Gridiron Gang
We are Marshall
The Blind Side