Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we are waiting on ND DC. I believe we are allowing Belk to help Houston through NSD before we announce and he leaves.

and “waiting on NFL” meant waiting for Joe Brady to realize he’s not getting a job and come back to the college ranks.
I believe those will be the hires and Brady will be done Friday and Belk announced next week.

just my $0.02

Advertisement
Except they lied about the ending to protect Gerry Bertier's name. He didn't die in another car accident 10 years later. Dude not only walked again but he moved to California and joined a biker gang- Sons of something, I don't recall the name. Crazy ******* committed multiple felonies and a few murders before his own wife is killed and he goes into a dead depression. Ends up getting his head smashed in prison and dies.

You and @CFLCane should hang out more.

Last edited:
Friday Night Lights and Replacements top 4?
chris tucker smoking GIF
Easily. I don't really like many football movies outside of these. Waterboy is funny and I like Any Given Sunday.

I'm enormously biased toward FNL as I love the book.

I hate Rudy. I don't take All the Right Moves seriously

I don’t think we are waiting on ND DC. I believe we are allowing Belk to help Houston through NSD before we announce and he leaves.

and “waiting on NFL” meant waiting for Joe Brady to realize he’s not getting a job and come back to the college ranks.
I believe those will be the hires and Brady will be done Friday and Belk announced next week.

just my $0.02

why would we allow Belk to wait but we didn't do the same for K Smith who was announced already. K smith brought in Evans to OM. I don't think that's it all. I think he may be the DC just wants to wait out the ND situation

Advertisement
1a.Remember the titans
1b.The program
2.Any Given Sunday.

Then everything else.
I haven't seen the program. I met the coaches from Remember The Titans in real life, and I think the movie is a silly adaptation.

Recruiting top priority until signing day

just my $0.02
If Belk IS the DC .. it would be nice to have him HELP MIAMI through NSD .. having him confirmed prior to next week might be sufficient to sway a couple of fence sitters.

No offense to Leeds, but she was disagreeing with posts suggesting the staff wasn't done back in early Jan. (4 weeks ago).

Most of the inside info brought to this board re the coaching staff has been pretty bad. I don't doubt she has sources who usually provide her with accurate info, but I think this one is being played very close to the vest and no one actually has good info.
there was some good info (cribby and jay) and some bad info. we just don't know the entire list of names in the running for certain spots and lost maybe 2 dudes to other teams in areas where we didn't think wed be looking for guy s

Advertisement
If Belk IS the DC .. it would be nice to have him HELP MIAMI through NSD .. having him confirmed prior to next week might be sufficient to sway a couple of fence sitters.

this. if what lands us Shemar is having a talk with his DC regarding scheme and usage and fit this weekend then im sure Mario would have that dc hire wrapped up and announced asap

there was some good info (cribby and jay) and some bad info. we just don't know the entire list of names in the running for certain spots and lost maybe 2 dudes to other teams in areas where we didn't think wed be looking for guy s
Yeah that's true, we've had some good info too. Even Jay, iirc, heard that DC was done roughly 10days-2weeks ago and then said as each day has gone by, he thought the info he got was bad.

We got the most connected sources here. Way better than 247 and the local beat writers. I just think (1) Mario is not letting anything leak out, and (2) coaching situations are very fluid with lots of moving parts. What may be true on one day can be wrong the next day.

Yeah we've had some hits here. Even Jay, iirc, heard that DC was done roughly 10days-2weeks ago and then said as each day has gone by, he thought the info was bad.

We got the most connected sources here. Way better than 247 and the local beat writers. I just think (1) Mario is not letting anything leak out, and (2) coaching situations are very fluid with lots of moving parts. What may be true on one day can be wrong the next day.

jay even said he knows the name but doenst know why the hold up is there which is honest.

so off this --

T rob gone,
Mcceldnon maybe
Fields - no update
Ish gone
DVD retained off field
OL and DL confirmed
K smith confirmed
Brumbaugh off the list
Dorsey likely (most likely) NFL OC with daboll
Chud staying north
Briles off the list
candle wasn't on here but off the list
Brady maybe in play still
Belk likely DC but no confirmation and still up for another gig
I like cryptical marking this as boring when all I did was provide an update off this list as to what is in play and what's not. can't take the truth about the above?

Advertisement
Slow day on the hiring front huh? Best football movies of all time?

Brian’s Song
North Dallas Forty
The Longest Yard…Burt not Sandler 🤣
Remember the Titans
The Program
Jerry McGuire
Any Given Sunday
Rudy
Varsity Blues
Gridiron Gang
We are Marshall
The Blind Side
While the amount of football in the actual movie is limited, The Last Boy Scout is pretty solid. Billy Blanks’ performance was Oscar worthy…

6B59A7FE-0A89-4A10-87CB-636BB20281D6.gif

Recruiting top priority until signing day
ND apparently wanted to hire the Iowa State DC .. Jon Heacock .. but IS gave him a raise and ND had to go back to the drawing board .. latest name I saw was Tim Lukabu the DC at BC. Seems like Belk is out of consideration .. likely due to "other commitments". ND seems to favor P5 DC's over Al Golden in spite of his "experience".

Advertisement
ND apparently wanted to hire the Iowa State DC .. Jon Heacock .. but IS gave him a raise and ND had to go back to the drawing board .. latest name I saw was Tim Lukabu the DC at BC. Seems like Belk is out of consideration .. likely due to "other commitments". ND seems to favor P5 DC's over Al Golden in spite of his "experience".
I think they're also strongly considering the Minnesota DC from what I've read, Rossi.

Also what I found interesting in reading ND 247's intel on their DC search is that they said Freeman is so busy on the road rn that there's not gonna be movement on a DC hire until the weekend when the coaches come off the road a few days before NSD.

I think the same thing could be happening with us. But Mario should have more urgency than Freeman, since Freeman can, with confidence, tell recruits the scheme being use/how recruits will fit into the scheme.

this. if what lands us Shemar is having a talk with his DC regarding scheme and usage and fit this weekend then im sure Mario would have that dc hire wrapped up and announced asap
Not dishing Shemar at all as would be great if he comes. Just wondering if Mario considers him top priority next week since he has already signed a good defensive tackle and 2 good defensive ends? Yes another would be great.

Not dishing Shemar at all as would be great if he comes. Just wondering if Mario considers him top priority next week since he has already signed a good defensive tackle and 2 good defensive ends?
if that five star top 10 player in the country wants in and we clearly have made him top priority since Mario took the job, you do whatever you need to land him. I assume Mario knows this since hes an elite recruiter. you don't become good to great by not making interested 5 stars a second or third priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back