Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re looking for somewhere to go for 2 years and propel into a HC job it’s ND over Miami right now because of their roster. Depth everywhere vs completely rebuilding the entire front 7 that returns 0 difference makers with any sort of all-conference level production to go with the talent.

If we find someone to do a good job for 2 years and propel into a better job and leave us with some depth - we’ll have the pick of the litter at DC when they leave.
I disagree. This all assumes that Freeman doesn't botch it as a HC, which there is a very high probability of that. He's completely unproven.

Advertisement
Belk also would have HEAVY involvement from Freeman if he took the DC job there. Does he want to go from full autonomy to being micromanaged?
People do it to work with Saban all the time. Freeman isn’t Saban but he’s the latest high priority - young DC in the game. Rave reviews.

Belk is trying to be the next Marcus Freeman making the same ascension in the coaching world. Learning from him and working with him would not be the worst thing..

People do it to work with Saban all the time. Freeman isn’t Saban but he’s the latest high priority - young DC in the game. Rave reviews.

Belk is trying to be the next Marcus Freeman making the same ascension in the coaching world. Learning from him and working with him would not be the worst thing..
Saban is proven. Freeman is not. Even if Freeman is the best DC on the planet, he might be a garbage HC, which can destroy even the best DC's career.

Im not even saying ND is what Belk is waiting on.. really don’t know.

I’ve been told Belk to UM is done so I’m gonna ride with that

Just don’t know what the delay in announcement is. All speculation like you guys on that end.
and thats the frustrating part. Like what does done mean? Did he verbally agree or did he sign?
If he signed a contract and is the new DC already then I have no clue what Mario is waiting on.

If he verbally agreed then... he might be weighing his options.

You can make an argument that with the new financial commitment, AD, and HC, that Miami is poised for success, but recent history favors them. We have nothing but potential to sell, whereas ND has a recent history that makes them seem better.

And the HC that was responsible for all of it is gone. I stand by my assessment. Don't fall in love with the name on the uniform or the past. You have to PROJECT. If Miami had just hired a guy who had been a Power-5 DC for one year as HC you'd all have been here with flaming pitchforks. We'd be screaming we just did the Larry Coker/Manny Diaz thing all over again and had just let the team pick the coach. Tell me I am wrong.

Zoom out.

Advertisement
Mario seemingly is in Oregon today visiting recruits - any DC or OC living in Oregon? Lol Is he doing a visit with Conerly in Washington?

and thats the frustrating part. Like what does done mean? Did he verbally agree or did he sign?
If he signed a contract and is the new DC already then I have no clue what Mario is waiting on.

If he verbally agreed then... he might be weighing his options.
There is no delay in announcing a "done" hiring. These announcements are happening shortly after pen has hit paper, period. The reason nothing had been announced is because it was not done, period.

He might be. It’s a better job so if they want him they’ll take him.

I’m sure it’ll ruffle feathers on here but the last 3 DCs at ND are now P5 head coaches. The last 3 at Miami are now a fired HC (should have been G5 HC), a safeties coach at Missouri, and unemployed. ND propelled Elko to be the highest paid DC in football or 2nd highest behind Venables before he got his head coaching job.

Mario has a better track record at other places with coordinators but he’s got to remove that stigma from the university of Miami. Maybe Belk comes and it’ll erase it right away and he’ll propel himself to a nice gig. Miami needs that just like when they needed Lashlee to do what he did.
Season 4 What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I know situations might be similar but the comparisons of freeman and manny are hilarious man. All u gotta do is turn the games on and you’ll see the difference

Advertisement
Saban is proven. Freeman is not. Even if Freeman is the best DC on the planet, he might be a garbage HC, which can destroy even the best DC's career.
Agree. I’m also basing my statement on my own assumption that freeman is going to be a great HC.

But he’s really going to kill himself and ruin that if he hires Al Golden - which hiring coordinators is part of being a great HC - so that’ll be his first mistake and as bad as it will probably play out for him possibly a fatal mistake for his coaching career… if it happens.

Advertisement
And the HC that was responsible for all of it is gone. I stand by my assessment. Don't fall in love with the name on the uniform or the past. You have to PROJECT. If Miami had just hired a guy who had been a Power-5 DC for one year as HC you'd all have been here with flaming pitchforks. We'd be screaming we just did the Larry Coker/Manny Diaz thing all over again and had just let the team pick the coach. Tell me I am wrong.

Zoom out.
Would you buy a stock that had 5 failed CEOs going back 15 years based on the promise of a new CEO?

Would you buy a stock that had performed well over the same time period and just had a change in management?

It's about the current perception and whether Belk can see the potential. We see all of the changes and believe this time will be different. Try convincing someone who doesn't love Miami.

Advertisement
Neither have an income tax and Tennessee has a higher sales tax rate and Tennessee taxes interest and dividends earned.
sales tax differs by county though, right? Like it's 8% in Hillsborough and only 7% where I live in Pinellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back