Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So I am prepared, is the next 20 pages about boats or incremental tax savings?

I’ve heard that Golden is the front runner for ND’s DC position.

Freeman won’t let the new DC bring in any of his guys and that has apparently been an issue when interviewing

It's absolutely not a better job. The only advantage ND has over us at the moment is their roster. Outside of that, any DC that goes there is going to have the perception that Freeman is the reason for any success. Additionally, Freeman is a first-time HC. That's a HUGE risk for any DC. Mario on the other hand has turn many coaches into head coaches and has a proven track record. Not even going to get into the other advantages we have, which are all obvious.
In the last 5 years, ND has finished 11th twice, 8th, and 5th twice. At this point, it is a better job.

Advertisement
F**k Notre Dame. I bury those ****roaches. We should not be second fiddle to that school. They have won as many championships as us in the last 15 years. Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia I get. Notre Dame ain't shiiitt.
Its *** ND forever but facts are facts they have been better than us recently and have big money too.

He might be. It’s a better job so if they want him they’ll take him.

I’m sure it’ll ruffle feathers on here but the last 3 DCs at ND are now P5 head coaches. The last 3 at Miami are now a fired HC (should have been G5 HC), a safeties coach at Missouri, and unemployed. ND propelled Elko to be the highest paid DC in football or 2nd highest behind Venables before he got his head coaching job.

Mario has a better track record at other places with coordinators but he’s got to remove that stigma from the university of Miami. Maybe Belk comes and it’ll erase it right away and he’ll propel himself to a nice gig. Miami needs that just like when they needed Lashlee to do what he did.
You're mostly right and there's a lot of logic to this, but also, the HC who sent those Irish DC"s to better jobs, is now faking Cajun accents and attending Fais Do Do's on the weekend. Mario just had coordinators go onto HC gigs.

With Mario, he'll have access to more high end talent, a proven HC and a very winnable P5 conference with a championship game to boost up those CFP numbers and impressions at the end of the season.

I know it's significantly based on potential, but I would argue that Miami is a stronger job with more future career potential than ND and it's unproven HC.

Advertisement
It's absolutely not a better job. The only advantage ND has over us at the moment is their roster. Outside of that, any DC that goes there is going to have the perception that Freeman is the reason for any success. Additionally, Freeman is a first-time HC. That's a HUGE risk for any DC. Mario on the other hand has turn many coaches into head coaches and has a proven track record. Not even going to get into the other advantages we have, which are all obvious.
If you’re looking for somewhere to go for 2 years and propel into a HC job it’s ND over Miami right now because of their roster. Depth everywhere vs completely rebuilding the entire front 7 that returns 0 difference makers with any sort of all-conference level production to go with the talent.

If we find someone to do a good job for 2 years and propel into a better job and leave us with some depth - we’ll have the pick of the litter at DC when they leave.

Technically we had a DC get a temple job…..

But we did have an OC lane one of the best G5 jobs after two years here. So there’s an avenue for sure

In the last 5 years, ND has finished 11th twice, 8th, and 5th twice. At this point, it is a better job.

Past is prelude? I disagree. He can't go back in time and be the DC there for the last five years.

When you consider Mario, Miami's recruiting base, the new financial commitments to staffing, facilities, NIL and more, the initial hype going on with recruits off last weekend... vs:

ND being what they are. A team that has been good the last five years and has tradition for sure, but hasn't won it all in 33 years, that just lost their HC because they wouldn't make the $ commitments Miami is actually making, and has a first time HC who will meddle in his defense...

You could make a very, very strong bull case for Miami being the better move right now.

Not to mention South Beach vs. South Bend and of course... taxes. :)

I’ve heard that Golden is the front runner for ND’s DC position.

Freeman won’t let the new DC bring in any of his guys and that has apparently been an issue when interviewing
If that’s true freeman won’t be head coach long.

How you not gonna allow a coach to bring in some of their own guys smh

Advertisement
I've never had a boat that I just left in the water so bottom paint would just slow me down. I'm more of a high performance guy, although my most recent boat was a fishing boat. This is one of my old boats.

View attachment 174452
the-great-outdoors-comedy.gif

Past is prelude? I disagree. He can't go back in time and be the DC there for the last five years.

When you consider Mario, Miami's recruiting base, the new financial commitments to staffing, facilities, NIL and more, the initial hype going on with recruits off last weekend... vs:

ND being what they are. A team that has been good the last five years and has tradition for sure, but hasn't won it all in 33 years, that just lost their HC because they wouldn't make the $ commitments Miami is actually making, and has a first time HC who will meddle in his defense...

You could make a very, very strong bull case for Miami being the better move right now.

no one goes to south beach anymore unless you desire to get shot.

Advertisement
Im not even saying ND is what Belk is waiting on.. really don’t know.

I’ve been told Belk to UM is done so I’m gonna ride with that

Just don’t know what the delay in announcement is. All speculation like you guys on that end.

How long ago was that? Seems like weeks.

ND being what they are. A team that has been good the last five years and has tradition for sure, but hasn't won it all in 33 years, that just lost their HC because they wouldn't make the $ commitments Miami is actually making, and has a first time HC...

You can make an argument that with the new financial commitment, AD, and HC, that Miami is poised for success, but recent history favors them. We have nothing but potential to sell, whereas ND has a recent history that makes them seem better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back