Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why are you guys talking about baseball? I'm the ******* at dinner checking his phone for updates and i have to read through all this crap.
What else are we supposed to talk about?

Advertisement
Advertisement
confused vince mcmahon GIF

Bigger markets always help but Papi was that good. Dude had no problem shoot sliders in the left field gap and barely struck out. Even though he played in Boston all of people still don’t know how much he really meant to that lineup when he was in it.
Absolutely and I have zeroooo issue with him getting in. I just think the writers as a whole are clowns and would've held the PED stuff against him (and possibly even the philandering) wayyyy more if he wasn't a Red Sock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s a catch 22, because when Bonds was alleged to have used them, they weren’t illegal...

And if he were to ever admit it, that would be the reason why they wouldn’t vote for him.

They voted in Big Papi because he’s a Red Sox legend & because he played the smile & act nice game post career perfectly, he made the smart political moves in order to justify being voted in by the media. He also had the tragic incident where he was shot & almost died in the Dominican Republic...

Statistically he definitely deserved to get in without question, but if the writers have taken this hardline stance about not voting in anyone whose used PED’s then they have some explaining to do about Ortiz.

But all it proves is that the Baseball media doesn’t vote objectively, it’s based on who they like personally.
Baseball media is a joke. The voting system needs to change. The bar needs to be set higher too on my mind.

As for Papi, I don’t like him as a Yankee fan. But he played the loveable role to a tee and put up the numbers to get in. I knew about him when he was in Minny. He is an example where roids made him a HoFer. You let these dudes in then just let them all in. Not just ones you like. It’s a joke that you let Papi in and not Bonds.

This may be my sour grapes talking but doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Jeter should have been unanimous. The writer ballots are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back