Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Eve Waiting GIF

Advertisement
I call BS with the Shemar stuff. UGA and Texas A&M are Base 30 fronts. Jackson State is a Base 30 front. Everyone is multiple. Miami will be a base 30 front.

Advertisement
It would seem some aren’t admitting to themselves, all this waiting to hire has and will continue to cost us some recruits.

I appreciate Mario doing a thorough search, and feeling like he can handle all the recruiting, himself.. but these top kids are no dummy, it’s a business decision for these top kids.. so not knowing who’s going to put them in the best position to get them to the NFL is a no go for most.. and I can’t blame them.

Advertisement
It would seem some aren’t admitting to themselves, all this waiting to hire has and will continue to cost us some recruits.

I appreciate Mario doing a thorough search, and feeling like he can handle all the recruiting, himself.. but these top kids are no dummy, it’s a business decision for these top kids.. so not knowing who’s going to put them in the best position to get them to the NFL is a no go for most.. and I can’t blame them.
People will invent a thousand different dumb reasons to convince themselves that this simple, common sense fact isn't true

Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.
Grow into it? 247 lists him as 6' 6" and 272... hes done grown into it. NFL DE's are that size but you have to think he might still grow some

And what if they do a twist on the line and he is now rushing as an interior lineman? is that a no-go as well? Some of this stuff almost seems like everyone will have a second chance at him as soon as he doesn't get his way at A&M

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity, when's the last team a P5 program did not have both coordinators hired heading into signing day? Not even sure if that's possible to look up but just generally speaking, that's kind of nuts.

I absolutely agree that it could but I don't believe it HAS. I think we could've had an OC in place the moment Mario was hired and Coleman still ends up where he did. I'm also not putting it past Ol' Moe to just be using this as another bargaining chip to get himself bigger bags from competing schools.

I think you're right though in that there are some heads being put in the sand by people that don't think a timeframe with these coordinator hires matters at all with some recruits.

There is a quote from his coach that says, “he is one recruit, doubt it matters to much” he wouldn’t say that if he had a clue who was coming in. It will be costly not having a DC in by the weekend. But this all on Mario time. lol

Advertisement
Found the interview on 247

Miami Monsignor Pace High School DE Shemar Stewart is a huge priority for the Miami Hurricanes in this year’s recruiting class.

And this coming weekend will be make-or-break for the Canes’ chances with an official visit upcoming.

But there’s another factor that is just as much make-or break: A defensive coordinator hire.

Pace High DL coach Moe Marquez, who has served as a mentor for Stewart and is accompanying him on his visits, says Stewart would not be comfortable picking UM on signing day if a coordinator is not in place yet.

And Marquez told CaneSport Stewart won’t be waiting past signing day to make his decision.

“Once you sign there’s no taking it back, and for Shemar it’s Miami has to bring in an actual defensive coordinator because they don’t have one and he needs to know the lay of the land,” Marquez said.

A big issue for Stewart is some defensive coaches think he might grow into a defensive tackle or even play tackle in third down pass rushing situations … but he wants to be used solely as an end. The coordinator will have a big say in that, as well as what type of overall scheme will be utilized and how the ends will be used.

Marquez says Mario Cristobal is well aware of the issue for Stewart regarding the lack of a coordinator but has given no assurances a hire will be in place by signing day.

“Shemar is just one recruit, so I’m not sure if that makes a difference (in getting a coordinator hire in place soon),” Marquez said.
Thanks for posting this and clearing something up for me. I found it hard to believe it was a direct quote from Shemar when the kid hasn’t said a word ever. Makes sense it was a quote from Moe. Hopefully we get a DC soon and this gets put to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back