Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good enough to be widely considered to be offered an OC position in the NFL, but not good enough to be a college OC?
That's why I said "I don't know". I'm not taking a position on whether he would or would not be a good hire as our OC.

Advertisement
He was a NFL OC so at the very least I could see him being a position coach in the NFL which still probably pays pretty well and no recruiting
Would you rather be a position coach in the nfl or an OC in college? Which gets you to your ultimate goal of being a head coach faster? I think the faster road with success would be OC in college(knowing you have TVD as QB doesn’t hurt). Just have read in here Brady doesn’t like recruiting is only reason I would see him taking the position coach job.

Nah I think shemar actually feels that way, he’s sick of everyone saying he’s gonna have to move inside
Four down line...of course he is going to have to move inside. His body is still developing and already you can make the argument to start there. Unless it's 3-4 end, and it sounds like he doesn't want to play in a 3-4 system so I'm confused about what he is looking for. Moss and Kelly got the edge

Reactions: E1k
Four down line...of course he is going to have to move inside. His body is still developing and already you can make the argument to start there. Unless it's 3-4 end, and it sounds like he doesn't want to play in a 3-4 system so I'm confused about what he is looking for. Moss and Kelly got the edge
I don’t understand it either but with players like him, u get em in the building and figure everything out later

Advertisement
Such a good question, the way it played out makes me think at least one person on the headset did… I think they really just ****es the bed. To your earlier point, you squib it, make someone who’s not used to handling the ball make a decision and maybe the games over right there. I’m trying to do everything I can not to let Mahomes wizardry beat me. That felt like step 1
But to be honest with 13 seconds and those weapons you were facing I would have played straight up. None of that prevent crap

UGA is recruiting him as a Edge guy. Basically, telling him what they need to.

Personally, I think Mario is being meticulous and patient with this entire process. He's going through every step thoroughly and does not want to settle or make a mistake that he'll need to fix after his first season.

With that said, I do believe he recognizes the importance of getting his staff in place before signing day. I can't imagine he's oblivious to the impact a DC/OC will have on a recruit's decision making process. I therefore believe we'll have people in place before the 2nd.

If we don't then I gotta be honest...this will be a bit of a red flag for me. I wasn't too worried before but not finalizing staff before signing day just seems like a massive miss. Don't think it'll happen but we'll know soon enough.

Advertisement
Would you rather be a position coach in the nfl or an OC in college? Which gets you to your ultimate goal of being a head coach faster? I think the faster road with success would be OC in college(knowing you have TVD as QB doesn’t hurt). Just have read in here Brady doesn’t like recruiting is only reason I would see him taking the position coach job.
With the NFLs habit of recycling coaches, and the rumors of him not liking recruiting, the NFL position coach is better. He goes Miami OC, to G5 head coach in a couple years maybe? Then several years to a P5 head coach. Why not stick as a position coach and then next year you might be a NFL OC again

But to be honest with 13 seconds and those weapons you were facing I would have played straight up. None of that prevent crap
Or even tell your defensive backs the gloves are off. Take a five-yard holding penalty if it means another 4 seconds tick off the clock.

Now, there are 9 seconds left and they are on the 30. Do it again. 5 seconds on the 35, so on and so forth. Worst comes to worst — they are in range for a Hail Mary.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It's fine to be meticulous but college coordinators tend to move every 1-2 years anyway. It's not like you are making an 8 year purchase.
agree. if he had someone who would be here with him for years he would have had that locked up weeks ago. clearly its going to be a 1-2 year deal anyway. just get someone good and let's roll.

As unlikely as it is, I’ve been good with us hiring Ken as OC but I’m old enough to remember when nobody wanted him bc he hadn’t called plays. Well he still hasn’t and now y’all want him? What’s changed in such a short period of time?
People finally realized that a lot of their favorites for the OC/DC positions, hadn’t ever called plays either.

Or even tell your defensive backs the gloves are off. Take a five-yard holding penalty if it means another 4 seconds tick off the clock.

Now, there are 9 seconds left and they are on the 30. Do it again. 5 seconds on the 35, so on and so forth. Worst comes to worst — they are in field goal range.
Complete and utter malpractice. Would love to be a fly in the room during that meeting today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back