Some Insomnia-Induced Thoughts

LOL Alex Collins was a cot **** beast. Don't down play the kind of prospect he is now. Crust Edwards isn't close at the MOMENT. He could develop into something, but ATM Collins is a MUCH better prospect. If Golden and staff misses out on Thomas, Kirkland, Bryant, and Collins(holding out there still time before signing day) that's pretty terrible. No sugar coating it. FWIW Stacey Coley could have been LOCKED UP awhile ago if staff had pushed earlier. As much as Guntbucket pushed AC to wherever Beleima landed. Coach Bennett helped Miami get BACK IN IT with Coley. Losing AC to fuggin Arkansas is a huge Miss no matter how you spin it. Losing Thomas to FSU.......

Advertisement
good post map.

The biggest issue for me is only having Duke as a certified RB means we probably can't use him to return kicks either. Definitely risky IMO

Advertisement
Good points all round in the OP, but I will reserve opinion until after signing day.

Yah sure losing Collins is hurtful after rolling out a great recruiting campaign. Very hurtful. But he is only one kid. And you don't win them all.

Let's see how the final class tallies. I have a feeling despite looming sanctions and all the other hindrances Golden will end up with a good class. Golden continues to have the football program trending in the right direction.

Enjoy having you posting more Map, agree with most points you made. This loss hurts no doubt, there is no other way to make sense of it. With that said we sack up again, and move on.

Advertisement
good post map.

The biggest issue for me is only having Duke as a certified RB means we probably can't use him to return kicks either. Definitely risky IMO

Agree, he's not returning kicks unless it's the end of the game when we really need a big return.

Reading comprehension is low on this site, obviously.

You guys don't listen or read. I've been there and saw. I'm telling you and you guys are throwing it back in my face like my opinion doesn't matter...

AC... believe the hype, all the hype, he's the #1 RB in FL. Believe what you want... No personal attacks on the player, I'd always hoped he wouldn't come here b/c of what I know.

Keyboard scouts, you guys know all............................................

This has nothing to do with "keyboard scouts"...because that's about all you would qualify as also. Collins was highly regarded by PROFESSIONAL scouts and coaches and recruiters. I'd imagine they probably know a wee bit more than you do. That being said, Collins better be rock hard because if he gets his wish to be the workhorse feature back at Arkansas, he's going to need it to survive the SEC defenses. Being in a tandem with Duke would have been a much smarter move for him as far as career longevity and health, but sometimes a kid just wants to the "THE GUY" and doesn't take such things into consideration.

Just listen to me! Hop on the bus, Gus. You don't need to discuss much. Just drop off the key, Coley. And get yourself free.

You guys don't listen or read. I've been there and saw. I'm telling you and you guys are throwing it back in my face like my opinion doesn't matter...

AC... believe the hype, all the hype, he's the #1 RB in FL. Believe what you want... No personal attacks on the player, I'd always hoped he wouldn't come here b/c of what I know.

We read what you wrote. Thank you for the perspective. Keep it moving. No need to get belligerent.

Advertisement
I'd cut off an appendage to get the Orange Bowl back. Worst thing thing to ever happen to this program, followed closely by Coker and Shannon.

Great post map. This was obviously a big loss for Golden, it takes the shine off of him a little bit that is for sure. Let's hope he redeems himself on Weds.

We read what you wrote. Thank you for the perspective. Keep it moving. No need to get belligerent.

Not a fan of the personal attackes really, but now I REALLY hope he's right because I am not rooting for him. Sorry, maybe I'm bitter, but if you aren't a Cane you are useless to me.

Advertisement
5. I don't know how he's going to do it, but Golden has to make amends with these ****-sucking racist piece of **** local coaches, even if it makes him squirm. He's gonna have to take a Xanax, down a scotch, and mend fences with any local coaches who feel aggrieved. The cornerstone of this prorgram is our local recruiting base -- if we don't get these kids because their coaches are pushing them elswhere, there is no difference between us and any other mid-level ACC school.

I disagree wholeheartedly with you here. Mending fences will be done together. Golden has to develop his players and do what is necessary to win on the field. The fences need to go up and Al needs to make the local coaches realize that he has leverage, too. You're overreacting re: being a mid-level ACC school when guys down here will still want to come here...when we start winning. Sure, it may only be 1 guy, but Artie Burns is a top 10 defensive recruit of the past 5 seasons. There will be more of those guys. They sprout out from the ground down here. What we've witnessed this year is the presumed worst of the storm: ****** records, unknown sanctions, etc. This too shall pass.

I disagree with your disagreeing. Mending fences takes two willing parties. It's not that some of these local coaches are just nuetral right now taking a wait and see approach with Golden, some of these coaches are actively trying to undermine Golden and UM. If you don't believe that I'll point you to that gigantic piece of ****, Uncle Luke. I'm not sure what it will take to turn it around. Winning 10 games will help a lot, but there is a serious racism problem with some of these guys.

5. I don't know how he's going to do it, but Golden has to make amends with these ****-sucking racist piece of **** local coaches, even if it makes him squirm. He's gonna have to take a Xanax, down a scotch, and mend fences with any local coaches who feel aggrieved. The cornerstone of this prorgram is our local recruiting base -- if we don't get these kids because their coaches are pushing them elswhere, there is no difference between us and any other mid-level ACC school.

I disagree wholeheartedly with you here. Mending fences will be done together. Golden has to develop his players and do what is necessary to win on the field. The fences need to go up and Al needs to make the local coaches realize that he has leverage, too. You're overreacting re: being a mid-level ACC school when guys down here will still want to come here...when we start winning. Sure, it may only be 1 guy, but Artie Burns is a top 10 defensive recruit of the past 5 seasons. There will be more of those guys. They sprout out from the ground down here. What we've witnessed this year is the presumed worst of the storm: ****** records, unknown sanctions, etc. This too shall pass.

I disagree with your disagreeing. Mending fences takes two willing parties. It's not that some of these local coaches are just nuetral right now taking a wait and see approach with Golden, some of these coaches are actively trying to undermine Golden and UM. If you don't believe that I'll point you to that gigantic piece of ****, Uncle Luke. I'm not sure what it will take to turn it around. Winning 10 games will help a lot, but there is a serious racism problem with some of these guys.

Ask yourself what do they want. Ask yourself what do they need. I remember when Luke ran for Miami-Dade mayor. I had a bit of an inside view as to what it took for him to throw his "weight" behind one of the candidates. The candidate lost, but Luke was controlled.

It's really no different here. The first step, though, is that Golden has to win. It's why while everyone was "fapping" to Coley, I was writing posts about cautious optimism that he becomes the technical Coordinator we need. If he does, we'll win. If we win, Golden will have enough to control all of this nonsense. Period.

Advertisement
Back