Some insight on Munoz DT commit

I’m pretty high on this staff. I agree you have to discount the failed projects of 2016 given the terrible shape Golden”s staff left that class in when after he was fired. And it’s too early to tell 2017 projects like Polendy and Dykstra. But given their career track records as coaches and seeing early flashes from guys like Garvin, Smith and Rousseau, there’s a lot of reason to trust them.

I do think the larger number of projects this class is what’s causing most of the anxiety, combined with a lack of movement at the top of the boards after a few early ballers declared like Huff and Payton. It’s not Munoz per se, but the absense of a consensus elite DT verbal. Once Neal, Richards, Ingraham and others pull the trigger, most of us will stop being worried about Munoz and Good.

p.s. for the record, I really like the Good take. Munoz is a mystery. And while I know a lot on here think Blue is a clown, I took notice how he glowed about Munoz. Clearly he or someone he admires close to the STA program think the kid will take a major step in his senior season. Will be fun to track.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was a terrible offer.

caught a camp with not alot of beast and performed well....got the offer.

Thats why i want to know who these kids are going against at the camp thaqt they earned their offer. Hope is an example of a bad camp offer.

Biggest difference, well one of them, between Richt and Golden recruiting is in terms of the lower rated guys or projects. Golden just took mediocre players to fill spots. The guys Richt is taking, at least since 2017, have tremendous physical ability, and alot of upside:

Derrick Smith, Nigel Bethel, Damarius Good, Munoz, Jordan Miller - if you're going to take guys who could be labeled as projects, these are the type of guys you take. Not the Joe Browns, Tyler Grimsleys, and Ryan Mayes of the world

Water is wet

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back