Some insight on Munoz DT commit

Kshanley13

Freshman
Friend of mine is a head coach here in WPB and served at prominent high school before. It was a powerhouse high school I'm not trying to blow up his spot bcuz he's now head coach at a school that attracts a lot of talent. Anyways, he was at the camp where Munoz showed out at and called one of my best friends to ask if he had seen recruiting info on Munoz bcuz he had never seen anything about him. He said Munoz was just dominant and was one of the most impressive lineman he had ever seen. And he has worked in PBC as an assistant coach the past 6 years and played OL in Palm Beach County when he was in high school. He knows talent when he sees it. And Munoz blew him away! That will be our best low profile pickup. Watch for him to have a huge year

Advertisement
I was talking to my friend about it tonight and that's what he said. He was excited to see what will happen

Advertisement
Blustein had some great words about him

87147D29-AB29-4A16-9BD7-069D51A389BA.png

Last edited:
Friend of mine is a head coach here in WPB and served at prominent high school before. It was a powerhouse high school I'm not trying to blow up his spot bcuz he's now head coach at a school that attracts a lot of talent. Anyways, he was at the camp where Munoz showed out at and called one of my best friends to ask if he had seen recruiting info on Munoz bcuz he had never seen anything about him. He said Munoz was just dominant and was one of the most impressive lineman he had ever seen. And he has worked in PBC as an assistant coach the past 6 years and played OL in Palm Beach County when he was in high school. He knows talent when he sees it. And Munoz blew him away! That will be our best low profile pickup. Watch for him to have a huge year
Would not surprise me. Jason Taylor is working with those hands every day. I'm excited to watch this kid get his clout up.

I’m excited for this kid. Think he’s a hidden gem who will have a monster season. Best part is he’s all cane.

Advertisement
He reminds me of an under the radar Chickillo and I think this staff will know what to do with him a lot more than the previous!

There's really nothing in his HUDL tape that tells me he'll be an AA or a JAG. Just not enough there. Gotta trust the coaches on this one, which I do.

I personally respect that they are confident enough to make an offer on the spot after he met their decision criteria even without the field production. They didn't do the same with a kid like Kancey or Passmore, so Munoz must have really blown them away. I trust that Simpson and Diaz know which of those kids deserved the offer the most.

Concerning Harvey his coach said about a month ago he was up to 223 lbs. He participated as a freshman in track at his old school (John Carroll) and had a 24.67--200m in only two meets he ran in and a triple jump of 42'5" which is excellent for a 9th grader as the HS national elite standard is 45" . I am sure he is quite a bit faster now with maturity. He could play LB but if he is 220lbs. becoming a DE will not be a problem.

Advertisement
Biggest difference, well one of them, between Richt and Golden recruiting is in terms of the lower rated guys or projects. Golden just took mediocre players to fill spots. The guys Richt is taking, at least since 2017, have tremendous physical ability, and alot of upside:

Derrick Smith, Nigel Bethel, Damarius Good, Munoz, Jordan Miller - if you're going to take guys who could be labeled as projects, these are the type of guys you take. Not the Joe Browns, Tyler Grimsleys, and Ryan Mayes of the world

Advertisement
Somebody must have put a bug in the staffs ear about Munoz prior to the camp because usually Richt and his staff aren't so fast to throw out an offer based on a camp workout. At least not that I can remember. Open to anyone correcting me if I'm wrong. Just saying that someone on the STA staff or a local coach must have told them he is the "real deal holyfield" and even though he missed his entire Jr year and has little film to go off of, jump on him now because he will blow up this year. JMO.

Somebody must have put a bug in the staffs ear about Munoz prior to the camp because usually Richt and his staff aren't so fast to throw out an offer based on a camp workout. At least not that I can remember. Open to anyone correcting me if I'm wrong. Just saying that someone on the STA staff or a local coach must have told them he is the "real deal holyfield" and even though he missed his entire Jr year and has little film to go off of, jump on him now because he will blow up this year. JMO.
If you are right, and I hope you are, this would be where Miami gets to level the playing field a bit in recruiting. A local coach that feels confident in staff, turns them on to someone who could play ball anywhere, but may not be getting the hype for whatever reason.

Biggest difference, well one of them, between Richt and Golden recruiting is in terms of the lower rated guys or projects. Golden just took mediocre players to fill spots. The guys Richt is taking, at least since 2017, have tremendous physical ability, and alot of upside:

Derrick Smith, Nigel Bethel, Damarius Good, Munoz, Jordan Miller - if you're going to take guys who could be labeled as projects, these are the type of guys you take. Not the Joe Browns, Tyler Grimsleys, and Ryan Mayes of the world

Another hard concept on this board for the guys who think the 2019 class sucks. 2018 was a better class up to this point but 2019 is a very solid class with a mix of underrated guys (some with prior injuries) and a good mix of projects with all of the physical tools. Now lets close on some highly touted guys so you all (cough brock) can quit *****ing.

He reminds me of an under the radar Chickillo and I think this staff will know what to do with him a lot more than the previous!

He's bigger now as a rising HS senior than Chickillo has basically ever been. Chick is naturally a 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE type. Munoz is a DT.

Advertisement
Back