Some images to reduce worry about Gerald Willis' LOA

Moten can handle 30 snaps a game. He's a vet. That's the role he needs

The key to the DT position is McIntosh and Norton staying healthy. Having Moten and Bethel as your 3rd and 4th DT getting situational snaps or mop up duty is more than fine. If McIntosh or Nort get hurt it causes everyone to move up which could be a problem and more snaps for Moten, Bethel, Fines, Martin, etc. I think we have to be smart in how we use McIntosh and Nort. Get them off the field on 3rd n Long, etc.

Our 3rd DT plays around 30 snaps a game. It's a lot more than mop-up duty.

Advertisement
Great post Lu and I'm excited to see what Bethel can bring, still would love to have Jenkins and Willis, can never have too much depth.

Injuries hit the DL hard last year so losing Jenkins and Willis is a potential major blow. Nice having a guy like Bethel who is committed to doing what's necessary to play DT. Would love to have Ford in the mix as insurance.

Advertisement
Lets not pretend that Willis was beasting prior or after his injury. Lets also remember Willis was a backup and provided quality depth. No reason to think that Bethel or Moten for that matter, couldn't give us better production. I especially agree with LuCane that Bethel would be effective on shooting the gaps and slants.

i think he was on his way to beasting then he hurt his knee during the fsu game he had some nice stops in that game i think he wouldve had a really productive year if he was 100%

[TWEET]887670716367339520[/TWEET]

I thought Mike Smith moved to FB?
Sounds more like a "he'll run downhill from the I-Formation and smash defender in certain necessary situations."

This Parrott fella from Alabama could wind up as the fullback too.

Ariz called Smith to FB an experiment in a recent tweet, but Smith went as far as changing his number which makes it seem like a legit move.

Bethel looked good in spring. If the weight/strength keeps coming he will help us next year.

He's similar to Willis in many respects. Not quite the playmaker, but more reliable.
You're saying 2017 or 2018?

Unless he's really hit a wall with strength and size, I think he could help right away. I tried to watch as many defensive snaps of Willis as are available, and while Willis seems a little better with his hands/length, Bethel can probably do most of the stuff Willis did with his feet. Willis ran stunts, loops and mostly did his best work moving across gaps. Think Bethel can do the same.

Until I see him live at DT, though, it's really just projecting the heck out of his attributes.

Advertisement
Don't think Willis will be a big loss unless we just get a rash of injuries at the position.

Honestly if Willis makes it back and can play next year it may be better, especially if we lose McIntosh and Norton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back