Some fun things I hope Lashlee brings to our RBs

That’s been my rationale for why, even though he’s still probably one of the two best Tackles on the team, they’re more likely to want Scaife inside. We’ll see if it comes true. In games I saw, Lashlee moves around an Hback a ton, too. I wonder how much we’ll have Brevin doing that, or instead toss him out to the slot and ask Hodges to lead block. Mallory seems like a strange fit to line up in the backfield.
So nice to see running lanes created with space. I can see Cam Harris feasting on those calls.

Advertisement
I've explained the same thing on the board in multiple threads since January.

The same type of offense you see Lincoln Riley running at Oklahoma is what we'll be doing here.
I love your stuff but my worry, based on the last 15 years, is that we will somehow end up with Dykes running game and Gus's passing game. I hate that I have become this negative.

Lashlee is the most proven play caller we've had since Chudzinski.

I guarantee our offense will be significantly better than it was last year.

This is true, but even more importantly, the plays he's going to be calling will be executed by D'Eriq King. Lashlee was a great addition, no doubt. But my excitement would be about 10% of what it is now were we going into this season with Kosi, TVD, and Matocha set to play point guard in this offense. That number goes to about 1700% because of WHO is running it. Coaching is incredibly important, no doubt. But at the end of the day, especially in college football, Jimmy's & Joe's >> X's and O's.

So you combine a guy who really knows how to maximize talent and call plays and add a kid like King who thrives in that type of system, and there's plenty of reason for excitement. Not only are we running a 21st century offense, but it's being spearheaded by one of the best QBs we've had in a really, really long time. A true ELITE college football QB.

I share your sentiment without a doubt. The offense will be MUCH better this year than it was last year. I know that's not saying much, but I'm talking almost an entire 180 here. There's no one metric that will tell the whole story, but I expect us to be over 6.25 YPP this season, and inside the Top 30 in the country in that number. Pair that with a good kicker, good punter, and what should be at least a good defense......really should be a very fun year.

Anybody want to get excited, rewatch that SMU v Memphis game last year. Walked away saying why the f..k can’t we have an OC like Lashlee or Johns (Memphis).

Anybody want to get excited, rewatch that SMU v Memphis game last year. Walked away saying why the f..k can’t we have an OC like Lashlee or Johns (Memphis).
I dont know how much norvell had to do with the offense, but we might get some sort of rematch with Lashlee and Norvell

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back