Some fun things I hope Lashlee brings to our RBs

Honestly, with even average QB play, and decent play calling, we see a big jump. IF, and that's a big if, the players that have been here a couple years buy in 100% and actually work hard, we could see a bigger jump in O than we saw on D in 2016.

The key to everything is Diaz instilling more discipline. That, or get out of the way so Lashlee can. That's honestly my biggest concern. Can Lashlee destroy the culture Manny has created. The dancing, trinkets, celebration tracking, all that nonsense. We have to become a more disciplined, more focused football team. Everything Manny has tried needs to just go away. Yes, even the turnover chain. It's time to make a play because it helps the team, not because it gives you 15 seconds of fame.
I hope he pawns those rings.

Advertisement

Kevin Mensah UCONN's RB the year Lashlee was OC there.

You see a lot of those pulling Guard inside Zones that Lash like to call.

It makes perfect sense to keep Scaife at OG because of his feet & his ability to get to the second level, opening lanes on the quick inside runs.

That’s been my rationale for why, even though he’s still probably one of the two best Tackles on the team, they’re more likely to want Scaife inside. We’ll see if it comes true. In games I saw, Lashlee moves around an Hback a ton, too. I wonder how much we’ll have Brevin doing that, or instead toss him out to the slot and ask Hodges to lead block. Mallory seems like a strange fit to line up in the backfield.

It makes perfect sense to keep Scaife at OG because of his feet & his ability to get to the second level, opening lanes on the quick inside runs.

We have to run the pill for this to run efficiently and keeping certain soflo kids coming.

Advertisement

Oh that UConn offense looks like a Cam Harris dream.

I think the faster play will be key. We have some **** good WR's, but they have never had a chance to show their skills. Same for the RB's, I think we'll see more big runs since the defense won't know the play like in the past. Don't count Robert Burns out. He's a tough runner between the tackles.

Advertisement
Auburn always does creative stuff with their H-backs. I loved watching chandler cox play there. Guy seemed like a coaches dream. But then you throw the guy a pass twice a game and its a chain mover or a cheap redzone TD. Hodges should be excited. It would be a waste of brevins talent to have him as a blocker most of the game

Auburn always does creative stuff with their H-backs. I loved watching chandler cox play there. Guy seemed like a coaches dream. But then you throw the guy a pass twice a game and its a chain mover or a cheap redzone TD. Hodges should be excited. It would be a waste of brevins talent to have him as a blocker most of the game
Yessir. Going to be interesting to see what we do there. Brevin belongs in space. And, 6' 5" Will Mallory would be awkward there. Enter Hodges, who's actually perfect coming across formations. I will not get too excited. But, I am intrigued.

If miami can just average 30ppg we win every game keep the defense fresh and we are talking about a amazing season ahead of us. My only worry is the o line that group needs to be in coordination with each other and the line we most likely play hasn't played a snap together and this pandemic hasn't made the matter easier

Maybe one day a reporter will ask Lashlee a real football question in regards to how his offense has evolved in last few years and what type of growth/changes has he made since leaving his long term mentor. Dude has done multiple interviews and it seems like everyone has just become Susan Miller Degnan with the questions

Advertisement
watch some UCF games.i know im talking apples to oranges talent wise to an extent, but they put up numbers. all their backs get touches and the receivers put up some nice numbers too. if miami can do that were set in my opinion

Advertisement
To me it does not have to be the best we have had in the last 10 years.
It just has to be better than every putrid defense we play in the ACC.

Put up a lot of points, cut down on turnovers and finally be efficient near the endzone and we will be in Charlotte.
The Defense and Special Teams should be good enough too.

Advertisement
Back