Some drama with Bush

Advertisement
Ferman's the best (worst?) in the business at manufacturing drama the few weeks leading to signing day. Guy's a helluva marketer, though.

Ferman's the best (worst?) in the business at manufacturing drama the few weeks leading to signing day. Guy's a helluva marketer, though.

Its exactly what I was thinking. Same story ever year, just change the name of the kid.

It's from Canessport. Don't want to post what Ferman said word for word, but basically he just mentioned how he is hearing rumored drama in with Bush and other schools going after him....he then says, "if you know what I mean."

I took that as schools coming to town with their money bags. But i just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks.

i never thought about it before... but i assume a school would get in trouble if there was hard evidence (like a video of money being offered during a home visit) that there was foul recruiting, right? might be the only way that the SEC's reign ends.

It's from Canessport. Don't want to post what Ferman said word for word, but basically he just mentioned how he is hearing rumored drama in with Bush and other schools going after him....he then says, "if you know what I mean."

I took that as schools coming to town with their money bags. But i just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything.

Thanks.

i never thought about it before... but i assume a school would get in trouble if there was hard evidence (like a video of money being offered during a home visit) that there was foul recruiting, right? might be the only way that the SEC's reign ends.

Please see Cam Newton's father admitting he took money for his son's services and Auburn getting away scot free.

Advertisement

Thanks.

Please see Cam Newton's father admitting he took money for his son's services and Auburn getting away scot free.

And how was the NCAA going to punish Auburn for Newton discussing money with a Miss St booster?

yeah but cam's father was supposedly pimping out his son. not the most reliable person's word on the subject (ie nevin shapiro scandal).

i'm sure auburn wouldn't have gotten away very easily if he would have had video evidence of the offers at a home visit or something of the sort.

Not that I condone anything involved with cheating, but if I am a kid who is going to accept the money and gifts from schools that are recruiting me, why wouldn't I take the money and still choose the school I want to go to? No school is going to rat out their entire program over one kid who has leverage and deep information. Assuming Miami is avoiding all of this and that other schools are throwing money at Bush, he could take the money given to him and still go to Miami and be happy with his college decision. Just something I thought about from a different perspective. At least it makes sense to me if I were in that kind of position.

Thanks.

To Catch a Recruiter

View attachment 2414

Advertisement
Not that I condone anything involved with cheating, but if I am a kid who is going to accept the money and gifts from schools that are recruiting me, why wouldn't I take the money and still choose the school I want to go to? No school is going to rat out their entire program over one kid who has leverage and deep information. Assuming Miami is avoiding all of this and that other schools are throwing money at Bush, he could take the money given to him and still go to Miami and be happy with his college decision. Just something I thought about from a different perspective. At least it makes sense to me if I were in that kind of position.

I have thought about that too, but I am assuming they dont give the kids money until after they have signed.

lol. Are there folks that actually believe Newton wasnt bought by Auburn?

:rollcanes:

If Bush was smart, he would have already extracted at least a few K in advance money from the good ol boys at Auburn.

I have thought about that too, and all that I can come up with is that the schools providing the money convince the kids that if they don't chose their school, they will self-report which automatically disqualifies the student-athlete from ever competing in college, thus, their career is over until 3 years later.

Either that or all of the kids know about the rule - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Advertisement

Thanks.

And how was the NCAA going to punish Auburn for Newton discussing money with a Miss St booster?

Cam Newton should have never played the last half of the season at Auburn. Once your representative (Cam's father) admits to discussing dollar figures for his son, game over, see you kiddo.

Good thing they created a rule for that from now on, but they should have started with Cam.

You all act surprised that bush was being offered mega bucks to leave Miami

What kid from Miami goes to Auburn willingly?

Thanks.

Cam Newton should have never played the last half of the season at Auburn. Once your representative (Cam's father) admits to discussing dollar figures for his son, game over, see you kiddo.

Good thing they created a rule for that from now on, but they should have started with Cam.

He wouldn't have played the second half if Auburn had been 5-3 instead of 8-0. ******* hypocrites.

Advertisement
lol. Are there folks that actually believe Newton wasnt bought by Auburn?

:rollcanes:

If Bush was smart, he would have already extracted at least a few K in advance money from the good ol boys at Auburn.

Of course he was bought. With that said, how can the NCAA punish AUburn if they can't prove it? Just like I'm certain that our guys got more from Shapiro than they had to pay back. It's what you confess to, or what they can prove.

Thanks.

If you are saying that Auburn should have been forced to vacate any wins with Cam and that also Cam should have been ruled ineligible from that point on, then I totally agree. If you're saying that Auburn should have received some other type of additional punishment then I disagree. WHile we all know that they had to have paid for his services, you can't punish them because Cecil admitted talking to Miss state about money. That has nothing to do with Auburn.

Is there anyone that negatively recruits against Miami more than Ferman? All he does is make up these same stories every year, get people riled up, than all these idiots go stalking these kids around twitter and facebook and start talking **** to them. How this guy still has media credentials is beyond me.

Advertisement
Back