Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u elaborate?

If not, are these players that currently project as quality backups? e.g., Campbell, Miller, Payton, etc.
I'm not an insider...nor do I pretend to be. But, I am a lifelong fan that knows what Cane football should look like. IMHO there are about 10 guys who get serious burn that shouldn't be here, they are riding the gravy train.

Advertisement
Not sure how anyone can watch Waddle and Smith play WR, and think Waddle is a better WR than Smith.

Again the Dolphins could have had Herbert and Devonta Smith, but end up with TUA and Waddle.
agree personally devonta college playoff games is what you're going to see from him on sundays lol waddle nice also i dont think you could go wrong with either but devonta is a silent assassin man lol he's putting up better yards than justin jefferson rookie szn

Im guessing one of these particular players has flirted with leave on more than one occasion and hasn’t pulled the trigger. Could be cold feet, could be renewed energy, could be no legit suitors on the other side.
Could be he can't catch a pass and drops more sht than a delivery man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure how anyone can watch Waddle and Smith play WR, and think Waddle is a better WR than Smith.

Again the Dolphins could have had Herbert and Devonta Smith, but end up with TUA and Waddle.
We watched them play with each other for 4 games this past season and the one defenses paid the most attention too wasn't Smith. With the extra attention Waddle still outperformed him. It is funny that because Waddle is faster than anybody he plays against he's apparently just a gadget WR now for some people. Both great players. We've seen guys like Waddle do their thing in the NFL. Steve Smith and obviously Reek Hill. Devonta is gonna be a bit of an anomaly if he eats.

The Dolphins took the more accomplished less physically gifted QB one year and then took the more physically gifted less accomplished WR the next year. Carson Wentz was below average in year 1, a near MVP candidate in year 2 and finished his Eagles career as unplayable. Baker Mayfield went from a rookie sensation to trash back to playable. Josh Allen was bad as a rookie to an MVP candidate in year 3. Anybody who thinks they know who Tua and Herbert are gonna be based off their rookie years hasn't been paying attention.

Pre draft last year all of social media was pretty unanimous AGAINST Herbert, not even the Charger fanbase wanted him but of course now they're backtracking like a mfer. And I for one think both Smith & Waddle will be good & it won't be an either or type of scenario.

Smith is far, far more than just faster than everyone. He does everything better as a WR. He was balling when it was him, Waddle, Ruggs and Jeudy and leading them all in receiving in 2019, he was balling when it was him, Waddle and Metchie and he was balling when he was the obvious #1 target with teams full if future NFL DBs and single handedly putting teams to bed at halftime on the biggest stage while shattering records and winning the Heisman.

He roasted guys that will be NFL starters. No reason he won't in the NFL.

Its been said several times here but he has Marvin Harrison written all over him.

Advertisement
I was not high on Herbert but he has the makings of a Top 10 NFL QB floor for the next 15 years. The book on Tua has not been opened yet but no GM would trade him for Herbert right now. Time will tell.

We watched them play with each other for 4 games this past season and the one defenses paid the most attention too wasn't Smith. With the extra attention Waddle still outperformed him. It is funny that because Waddle is faster than anybody he plays against he's apparently just a gadget WR now for some people. Both great players. We've seen guys like Waddle do their thing in the NFL. Steve Smith and obviously Reek Hill. Devonta is gonna be a bit of an anomaly if he eats.

The Dolphins took the more accomplished less physically gifted QB one year and then took the more physically gifted less accomplished WR the next year. Carson Wentz was below average in year 1, a near MVP candidate in year 2 and finished his Eagles career as unplayable. Baker Mayfield went from a rookie sensation to trash back to playable. Josh Allen was bad as a rookie to an MVP candidate in year 3. Anybody who thinks they know who Tua and Herbert are gonna be based off their rookie years hasn't been paying attention.
I couldn’t have said it any better. Everyone is playing the hindsight game with Herbert. I remember before the draft people questioned his leadership and accuracy. Also they said he had some disappointing losses where he didn’t elevate the team but now he’s a HOF qb after one season and Tua is Pat White. People forget Tua spent his rookie offseason rehabbing the hip injury. We should see marked improvement this year especially with the talent added at WR.

Waddle has more upside than Smith and is great for RPO.

Let's put it this way. Smith in 2 games vs an LSU team with a loaded defensive backfield he went 15 for 444 yards and 5 TDs. Waddle played in one game and had 30 yards.
Now that back end had the Thorpe winner in Delpit, 2nd round pick in Fulton and the #1 CB and Top 10 lock for the 2022 draft in Stingley.

Ya all crazy

Advertisement
Holy fvck multiple pages discussing who’s the better Bama wr on a canes board, ffs You can’t make this **** up lol
Good point. My bad, just got wrapped up in football discussion. But yeah this is not the thread for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back