Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy..if you don't stop. Cager was trash at Miami and was trash at Georgia.

He won't be in the NFL for long. Not too much you can do with a 6'5" receiver with questionable hands
U watched him at UGA? He played like 7 games and was they leading WR until he got injured

Advertisement
Student athletes transfer for all kinds of reasons. They might not fit in with the team culture. They might realize that the school is not what they thought it was. They might not like their position coaches. They might get homesick. They might have a family emergency and need to be more present. Etc.

I don't judge anyone wanting to transfer. Who the heck am I to opine on their decisions?
Way to much reasoning in this post..wrong forum

Boy..if you don't stop. Cager was trash at Miami and was trash at Georgia.

He won't be in the NFL for long. Not too much you can do with a 6'5" receiver with questionable hands

He wasn't "trash" at Georgia.

He was the #2 receiver (receptions and yardage) on a 12-win team that finished #4 in the country.

2019:
"Cager (6'5/220) developed chemistry with classmate Jake Fromm in his lone season in Athens, using his large frame and salivating length (33 3/8") to record career-highs in catches (33) and receiving yards (476) as a redshirt senior. He was charted with just one drop on 42 targets. Cager's impressive size figures to earn him the practice squad benefit of the doubt."

2018:
"Per Herald correspondent Daniel Gould, UM finished with an absurd 40 dropped passes this season. Here’s how it broke down: Lawrence Cager with nine, Jeff Thomas (who left the program) with seven, Darrell Langham and Dee Wiggins with five apiece, Brevin Jordan and Mike Harley Jr. with four apiece, Brian Hightower and Evidence Njoku with two apiece and Travis Homer and Will Mallory with one each. Just as importantly, N’Kosi Perry must improve his accuracy, particularly on intermediate throws."

Obviously, he improved from 2018 to 2019, including more catches and fewer drops.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cager was fine. Not great, fine. Had some great catches. Disappeared in some games. With this crew it's like if they're not Dre or Santana they're worthless.
Agreed. A few ill timed drops are what ruined him for a lot of people.

Advertisement
Keep HATING on Cager while he collect those NFL checks. . .

lol I don't think a vast majority hates on him, more so rebutting people claiming he left here and became some all world can't miss prospect. I like Cager, he made some good catches, I disliked his drops, how he would disappear for games and how when he ran it looked like he was wearing timberland boots that are untied and a size too big. Other than that, go get them checks.

When they were young they did....not later on.....Tana's drop of a sure TD against FSU made me sick....

We beat FSU in ‘99 if he makes that catch.

But I knew he would be great because of the way he burned their secondary and got so open in the end zone.

They were number 1 with a great defense and he made them look like middle schoolers with his speed.

Advertisement
lol I don't think a vast majority hates on him, more so rebutting people claiming he left here and became some all world can't miss prospect. I like Cager, he made some good catches, I disliked his drops, how he would disappear for games and how when he ran it looked like he was wearing timberland boots that are untied and a size too big. Other than that, go get them checks.
None of that mattered to NFL scouts and/or NFL GM's just the armchair scouts and gm's on CIS LOL. . .

None of that mattered to NFL scouts and/or NFL GM's just the armchair scouts and gm's on CIS LOL. . .

Well I mean some of it MIGHT have mattered. Dude was 6'5 with a 33 inch vert and a 4.5 forty yet went undrafted. SOMETHING mattered to allow him to go undrafted.

Again not hating, I hope he has a long NFL career but to say NONE of that mattered is likely inaccurate.

Well I mean some of it MIGHT have mattered. Dude was 6'5 with a 33 inch vert and a 4.5 forty yet went undrafted. SOMETHING mattered to allow him to go undrafted.

Again not hating, I hope he has a long NFL career but to say NONE of that mattered is likely inaccurate.
He's collecting NFL CHECKS. I don't give a **** if it's the league minimum. Thousands of former college players would do anything to be in shoes.

But only on CIS does dudes try to minimize the fact that he's collecting handsome checks from an NFL team like it's easy to do.

Sounds like you're HATING to me, but that's my opinion.

Advertisement
He's collecting NFL CHECKS. I don't give a **** if it's the league minimum. Thousands of former college players would do anything to be in shoes.

But only on CIS does dudes try to minimize the fact that he's collecting handsome checks from an NFL team like it's easy to do.

What's the handsome threshold on a check?

Don’t move the goal posts. And I never even said anything negative just objective. I can objectively criticize the fact he did not live up to projections while at the same time not “hate” on him.

look at an actual scouting report on him From the jets. Lacks athleticism and route running. Were they hating? No it’s just speaking objectively and that’s okay my guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back