Social media culture has to change with the players and coaches

Advertisement
Perry has the brain of a knat… I totally understand Richt's dilemma. Rosier who is a very average QB or Perry / Cade, who appear to be an idiots. Lets move on to JW asap. Also, All recruiting focus, should now be re-directed towards landing a late 2019 QB. Maybe we get lucky like we did with JW. Just look to coaches that know how to recruit QB's recruits for starters. I know one over at Texas A & M - who has a commit out of GA. Zach Calzada.

Cmon man why is Perry doing this to himself ... god jarren better be getting ready to start because Perry is handing him the job.

Harley, if he has any audacity to tweet after that awful performance he can gtfo of this program and have fun at app st

What happened with Perry?

Someone a few hours ago made a thread here saying that he put up a video on snapchat that would "**** off Richt". Didn't specify what it was and said the video was taken down.

Perry and others should be encouraged. Lack of player control will accelerate Mork's departure.

Advertisement
I am not sure some of you actually know whats going on with the social media.

All the players are on it. All the players post.

Do you honestly think things are different with Perry and all the other players.

JW has over 7k followers and post all the time.
Garald has over 6K
DJ has over 14k
even everyone's favorite leader rosier has over a 1000.

I get that I am old along with many here but for these players social media is just as normal as wearing a watch.

Jerome Brown and the boys would have handled the Perry situation a long time ago, in house, amongst themselves
Well said. Same thing applies to all this diva me-first crap from a group of underclassmen on offense this year. That sh-t would have been squashed internally and quickly in those older locker rooms.

Do you honestly think things are different with Perry and all the other players.

Garald has over 6K
DJ has over 14k

I get that I am old along with many here but for these players social media is just as normal as wearing a watch.
Correct, but you're missing the point. Social media itself is not the issue. That's simply part of modern youth culture, as you said. The problem is Perry's lack of maturity on social media. Those other people you mentioned, while they too post frequently and have followers, are smart enough not to post the dumb sh-t Perry does.

Garald has over 6K
DJ has over 14k

I honestly have no idea how Snapchat works. I do know that you can have a Snapchat account if you agree you are above you the age of 13. A lot of kids follow theses athletes. At least a thousand children follow N’Kossi.

When a 14-year old nephew tells me N’Kossi made a *** vid on Snapchat, we have a serious problem that needs to be looked in to.

Advertisement
Correct, but you're missing the point. Social media itself is not the issue. That's simply part of modern youth culture, as you said. The problem is Perry's lack of maturity on social media. Those other people you mentioned, while they too post frequently and have followers, are smart enough not to post the dumb sh-t Perry does.

Can you actually go to Perry's social media accounts and produce the immature post. Then go to the other players and see if they are really any different. Then compare them to the players on top ten teams and see if they are any different.

The point is that this social media stuff is being blown out of proportion. It is not harming the players or effecting their play. All the players are on it so some old player like Brown would not, today, be kicking players off it. He would be on it like the rest.

Take a look at Tua's social media with his 166k followers as he retweets himself on the cover of EA NCAA football. Does Saban ban him or fans cry and die...no. Just another day. (Before you say he can do it because he wins...it is just an example of what every single player is posting.)

I honestly have no idea how Snapchat works. I do know that you can have a Snapchat account if you agree you are above you the age of 13. A lot of kids follow theses athletes. At least a thousand children follow N’Kossi.

When a 14-year old nephew tells me N’Kossi made a *** vid on Snapchat, we have a serious problem that needs to be looked in to.

I can't defend the actual content on any player's social media account. I am old and would not want the players doing any of it. But I am not ignorant either (LOL! almost misspelled ignorant).

Just for your own info and in your own time browse the social media accounts for Bama players and tell yourself they are any different from Perry or any other Miami player. DJ has talked smack on twitter and no one blinked.

Can you actually go to Perry's social media accounts and produce the immature post. Then go to the other players and see if they are really any different. Then compare them to the players on top ten teams and see if they are any different.

The point is that this social media stuff is being blown out of proportion. It is not harming the players or effecting their play. All the players are on it so some old player like Brown would not, today, be kicking players off it. He would be on it like the rest.

Take a look at Tua's social media with his 166k followers as he retweets himself on the cover of EA NCAA football. Does Saban ban him or fans cry and die...no. Just another day. (Before you say he can do it because he wins...it is just an example of what every single player is posting.)
Not every player posts vids of him flaunting giant 100 stacks on a week they are under a major microscope, or posts a supposed *** video on Snapchat. That was my sole point. There's not scientific research that needs to be done, bud.

Not every player posts vids of him flaunting giant 100 stacks on a week they are under a major microscope, or posts a supposed *** video on Snapchat. That was my sole point. There's not scientific research that needs to be done, bud.

Well, when other Miami players are flashing expensive cars and jewelry you could say the same about them....

Just saying...Perry isn't alone.

Advertisement
I hate social media, especially in the CFB world.

You get all these high schoolers trolling/begging for followers and to be shown “love” and they think that’s what matters in life.

Then fast forward to the next year and things don’t go as they dreamed and they lash out on social media, the followers in turn lash out on them and then they get all butthurt that people are being mean to them. So soft.

Well, when other Miami players are flashing expensive cars and jewelry you could say the same about them....

Just saying...Perry isn't alone.
When it comes to this topic during this season, Perry has been very much alone.

Advertisement
Then you simply have not seen the other social media accounts...but let's not let that get in the way.
Good god, man. Let's just agree to disagree. I'll stick with the fact that Perry's social media posts have revealed a problematic immaturity, something which he unquestionably does not need due to his situation re trying to be Miami's starting QB and the fact many people (fairly or not) have been questioning his focus on football for much of the past year. You continue making excuses for him. All good.

Take a look at Tua's social media with his 166k followers as he retweets himself on the cover of EA NCAA football. Does Saban ban him or fans cry and die...no. Just another day. (Before you say he can That’s only our staff and players.
I can't defend the actual content on any player's social media account. I am old and would not want the players doing any of it. But I am not ignorant either (LOL! almost misspelled ignorant).

Just for your own info and in your own time browse the social media accounts for Bama players and tell yourself they are any different from Perry or any other Miami player. DJ has talked smack on twitter and no one blinked.

According to my nephew, who follows almost everyone on LSU, Miami, Bama, and other recognizable college players, Miami is the only where:

- Sexual content is posted for all followers to see
- Sexually suggestive content is commonly posted for everyone to see
- Whining about playing time and threats of transferring are posted for everyone to see
- Trash talking not even being close to being backed up is posted for everyone to see

In his words “the team looks like a bunch of b*tches compared to everyone else”

What happened with Perry?

He posted a video getting intimate with a female. It was clearly an accident and it was swiftly deleted. It is more common than you think (ie: Draymond Green). He needs to be more responsible, of course, but everyone needs to realize it's the world we live in today. Nothing is going to come of it, people are reaching.

Advertisement
Back