Sobering Perspective

Advertisement
Mario’s results so far have been the worst I’ve seen as a fan here, relatively speaking and statistically speaking

Doesn’t mean he can’t have success long term

I think the way he wanted to overhaul everything here is what gets these discussions all out of whack

But just because that was his plan, doesn’t mean it was a good plan
Yup. And I honestly believe Mario has done a great job flipping the roster and fixing the culture.

However, when your head coach is the reason you are losing games because of his poor in game coaching / clock management it makes me less optimistic. He has a ceiling, talent can only take a team he is leading so far.

Yup. And I honestly believe Mario has done a great job flipping the roster and fixing the culture.

However, when your head coach is the reason you are losing games because of his poor in game coaching / clock management it makes me less optimistic. He has a ceiling, talent can only take a team he is leading so far.
I think the part that really annoys me is he’s not one of these coaches that’s calling plays or being involved with the offense or defense (ideally)

If our coach is an OC and focused there and has a mental lapse during an in game moment then that’s one thing

But Mario literally has nothing else to do so…

I think the part that really annoys me is he’s not one of these coaches that’s calling plays or being involved with the offense or defense (ideally)

If our coach is an OC and focused there and has a mental lapse during an in game moment then that’s one thing

But Mario literally has nothing else to do so…
I’m going to the game Friday and plan on sitting behind the Miami sideline. I want to see what Mario actually does during the game because like you I have no idea what he does. I want to see a hat coaches he talks to and when. What position groups he meets with.

In his first season at Louisville, Brohm has won 10 games, but more importantly he was won 7 ACC games. With one game left in season 2, Mario has won a grand total of 5 ACC games...2 of those in OT against Virginia. Even if we beat Boston College, far from a given, Mario would need to win his first ACC game in year 3 just to equal Brohm's first season. SMDH

Brohm is a good HC that knows how important a well oiled offense is to your team’s success

Mario is not a good HC and does not know that lesson

Advertisement
I’m going to the game Friday and plan on sitting behind the Miami sideline. I want to see what Mario actually does during the game because like you I have no idea what he does. I want to see a hat coaches he talks to and when. What position groups he meets with.
Please report back

In his first season at Louisville, Brohm has won 10 games, but more importantly he was won 7 ACC games. With one game left in season 2, Mario has won a grand total of 5 ACC games...2 of those in OT against Virginia. Even if we beat Boston College, far from a given, Mario would need to win his first ACC game in year 3 just to equal Brohm's first season. SMDH

Cool story.

Brohm didn't play Clemson, Florida State or North Carolina this year—three of the conference's top teams.

Instead they were served up Georgia Tech, Boston College, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Duke, Virginia Tech and Virginia before this past weekend.

The toughest ACC team they played this year was a 6-4 Miami team that took them to the wire, matched them statistically all day—both with almost 500 total yards and balance between ground game and aerial attack—and a choked fourth and goal touchdown away from overtime.

Nice out of conference with Murray State and Indiana, too—the only really OOC team faced was Notre Dame two weeks after Ohio State ripped their guts out.

10-1 would arguably look a lot different without that cakewalk schedule they had in conference this year—and nobody is saying a word if they're sitting at 7-4 with now while North Carolina heads to Charlotte to take on Florida State.

But hey, what kind of end-of-year would it be if Miami fans weren't sucking off some other program and whining about what they did versus what Miami didn't do.

Last year it was Lincoln Riley and his 11-3 run at USC in year one... while no one says boo about 7-5 with a Heisman-winning quarterback—so we focus on Louisville's accomplishment.

Same way everyone blows new-look Mike Norvell year four as if he wasn't 8-13 at the end of year two (where he started 0-4 and lost to Jacksonville State at home) while fans wanted to run him off but couldn't afford to as they were still writing fat checks to Willie Lump Lump.

Keep living vicariously through other programs while reinventing ways to whine about Miami not being "back" year two under the sixth new head coach in 17 years—for a program that's averaged 7-5 annually dating back to 2006.

And next year they'll be .500 just like duke, Usc, TCU, and MI St. are this year. Remember last year mario should have immediately turned around 20 years of mediocrity like those schools. It's an epic failure that in year 2 he doesn't have 3 deep 5* DT to replace LT.

Stop with the stupid one hit wonders. Mario, Rad, Zo are following the Bama, GA, MI (if Harbaugh stays) path to sustained success.

If Miami was 6-5 with close losses to Fsu, clemson, UNC, a&m and 1 loss Louisville everyone would agree Miami is improving. Miami won 2 of those and had a game stolen by officials/replay on the final play of the game. Really Miami is 7-4 with an injured TVD and true freshman QB.

As others have said if you can't see the improvement you're just trolling. If 2022 Miami played 2023 Miami who wins? 2023 is a much better team. Yes they still have a long way to go but its heading in the right direction.

Advertisement
Cool story.

Brohm didn't play Clemson, Florida State or North Carolina this year—three of the conference's top teams.

Instead they were served up Georgia Tech, Boston College, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Duke, Virginia Tech and Virginia before this past weekend.

The toughest ACC team they played this year was a 6-4 Miami team that took them to the wire, matched them statistically all day—both with almost 500 total yards and balance between ground game and aerial attack—and a choked fourth and goal touchdown away from overtime.

Nice out of conference with Murray State and Indiana, too—the only really OOC team faced was Notre Dame two weeks after Ohio State ripped their guts out.

10-1 would arguably look a lot different without that cakewalk schedule they had in conference this year—and nobody is saying a word if they're sitting at 7-4 with now while North Carolina heads to Charlotte to take on Florida State.

But hey, what kind of end-of-year would it be if Miami fans weren't sucking off some other program and whining about what they did versus what Miami didn't do.

Last year it was Lincoln Riley and his 11-3 run at USC in year one... while no one says boo about 7-5 with a Heisman-winning quarterback—so we focus on Louisville's accomplishment.

Same way everyone blows new-look Mike Norvell year four as if he wasn't 8-13 at the end of year two (where he started 0-4 and lost to Jacksonville State at home) while fans wanted to run him off but couldn't afford to as they were still writing fat checks to Willie Lump Lump.

Keep living vicariously through other programs while reinventing ways to whine about Miami not being "back" year two under the sixth new head coach in 17 years—for a program that's averaged 7-5 annually dating back to 2006.
The only reinventing going on is by this corching staph on how can they out corch themselves from the last game

I don't think it will give you much insight.

Lets say you visited IBM and walked past Deep Blue. If you didn't know better, it would just look like a big dumb box. But outward appearances are deceiving- what you are actually looking at is an electronic brain capable of processing billions of chess moves in milliseconds.

Advertisement
Back