Sobering Perspective

Advertisement
Stay focused. Brohm is the "Pat Hill Memorial Flavor of the Month" recipient. People are dazzled by the flashy one-year record, but history shows that guys who start off quickly with an experienced roster don't often carry that success very far forward.

I never said I want him - or anyone in particular.

I'm saying that motivated coaches that win when they need to win - aren't stuck on stupid.

Since when did the amount of time you're in college mean your talented?

We got a 44 year old- Tight End -redshirt -infinite junior. What that mean for us? Your logic doesn't fit here.
He already started from scratch by taking players hes really got no relationship with, that other coaches couldnt get the best out of, and taking them to a conference ship in his 1st year.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, yall can say to diminish that man's seasons it's actually unbecoming and weak for us to try to do all this lame ahh nitpicking. Dude put on a coaching clinic this season. Period.

That QB stinks. Foh.

*you're

Tell me you understand that experience trumps "talent". 84% of Louisville's offense is gone after this year. Experience matters.

If you think Brohm can work wonders with any kid who shows up, why did it take until year five to have even a decent team at Purdue?

I never said I want him - or anyone in particular.

I'm saying that motivated coaches that win when they need to win - aren't stuck on stupid.

I mean, do you have examples of coaches who came in and turned things around in year one or two and have maintained that championship level for the long term? Nick Saban and.............?

Riley Leonard played against Louisville. 23-0 final. 9/23, 121 yards, one pick.
Cool. This argument was about Elko. Not Riley’s game against UL.

FACTS are Elko hit the ground running at Duke with less talent. Mario still struggling to beat UVA with talent that consistently ranks top 3 in the acc.

Advertisement
Cool. This argument was about Elko. Not Riley’s game against UL.

FACTS are Elko hit the ground running at Duke with less talent. Mario still struggling to beat UVA with talent that consistently ranks top 3 in the acc.

Uh, your defense of Elko's season was that he lost Riley Leonard. He had Riley Leonard and got shut out by Louisville. Shut out. We want to fire everyone after scoring 31 and you're telling us that a guy who got shut out is an innovator.

I mean, do you have examples of coaches who came in and turned things around in year one or two and have maintained that championship level for the long term? Nick Saban and.............?

No, Mario.

I'm talking about the really pizz poor play calling, relapses in discipline, and the stubborn calls when opposing defenses all come into the very middle on the line - knowing that's where we're going. And run into a wall after wall, after wall.

This isn't working - let's keep doing it!

Stevie Wonder can see it, children can see it, Pee Wee football players can see it, and college defenses can see it. Just four yards to either side - wide-***** open. There's no action. No changeup. No block and release by our tight ends into the wide open field because everyone bought in on the "up the middle" bull****.

No adjustments. It's insane.

Utah taught me a lot just watching two games about Mario.

Yeah - he can recruit. But that's ALL he's shown me - not that I count.

Advertisement
No, Mario.

I'm talking about the really pizz poor play calling, relapses in discipline, and the stubborn calls when opposing defenses all come into the very middle on the line - knowing that's where we're going. And run into a wall after wall, after wall.

Stevie Wonder can see it, children can see it, Pee Wee football players can see it, and college defenses can see it. Just four yards to either side - wide-***** open. There's no action. No changeup. No block and release by our tight ends into the wide open field because everyone bought in on the "up the middle" bull****.

No adjustments. It's insane.

Utah taught me a lot just watching two games about Mario.

Yeah - he can recruit. But that's ALL he's shown me - not that I count.

But I responded to your comment about Brohm. I really don't care how much you hate Mario. That's not what I responded to. Go back and look.

When you're able to follow a thread you can get back to me.

I just want to know what people thought they were getting with Mario? What were ppl expecting?
Stacking top 5 classes, he was alleged to be among the best recruiters. So far he has not only come up short in his first year bump class, but he has regressed in year two in talent accumulation. Which sucks because it is our only chance to win with him.

Advertisement
*you're

Tell me you understand that experience trumps "talent". 84% of Louisville's offense is gone after this year. Experience matters.

If you think Brohm can work wonders with any kid who shows up, why did it take until year five to have even a decent team at Purdue?
How are you going to spell check me and be wrong? You're too quick with ya draw when you got bad aim.

Experience matters cause we got True freshman on this team and all over cfb wrecking ****. Could've fooled me. What's Purdue got to do with Louisville and the Acc? Rondale Moore and David Bell were back to back Big Ten freshman of the year, BTW.

So he started maximizing young talent really early. Stop it.

Advertisement
How are you going to spell check me and be wrong? You're too quick with ya draw when you got bad aim.

Experience matters cause we got True freshman on this team and all over cfb wrecking ****. Could've fooled me. What's Purdue got to do with Louisville and the Acc? Rondale Moore and David Bell were back to back Big Ten freshman of the year, BTW.

So he started maximizing young talent really early. Stop it.

Yes, we have true freshmen playing really well.....well enough to almost win some games against experienced top-ten teams.

I'll explain the Purdue thing to you. Purdue can be a 9-win team. Brohm proved it. But why didn't Brohm do it in year one? Or two, or three? BECAUSE HE HAD TO GET BETTER PLAYERS. At Louisville, he walked into a really good situation. See TCU, circa 2022.

How else do you get good at something? Eventually the players will have so many reps running the same dive play that they will be able to execute in their sleep.

As Bruce Lee said, "I don't fear the man who practices a thousand kicks one time, I fear the man who practices one kick a thousand times."

If you beat the teams like your suppose to beat them these calls are irrelevant to the game. They stand out more now because we in a dog fight ever week with teams that we should literally blow out the stadium.
We’re not that talented, regardless of coaching.

weak schedule and hes gimmicky. not sure hes going to build a perennial top 10 program . good coach though
Brohm is gimmicky? How exactly? His offenses are a joy to watch. Brohm puts pressure on every level of the defense and he is great at picking out weaknesses in opposing defenses and exploiting them. Prime example was in the game yesterday. All year long Louisville never used their TEs much at all but he saw something in the film and utterly dissected us using his TEs. He was great at using counters and misdirection to use our aggressiveness against us. That isn't being gimmicky. That is the very essence of coaching and something Mario will never have or understand. We can't even figure out how to use our speed nor can we figure out a way to use Riley Williams, a TE with physical tools the UL TEs dream of having. Brohm does more with less. Mario does less with more.

Advertisement
Back