So You Want a Savage DC? Part 4: Manny Diaz

I'll take my "L" on this like a man. I think my concerns about his Texas tenure were not wrong to bring up, but he certainly proved me wrong. So happy we have El Jefe.

Texas wasn't getting the best players anymore.....if Diaz did not have those three lbs our d would be worse. If he trotted Owens and Golden's boys who couldn't run it would have been a lot worse

Advertisement
Also just because a coach did bad somewhere else doesn't mean they will fail at another place...Diaz fits Miami as long as he gets the sfla savages. I prefer coaches who adapt n change instead of a guy who won't recruit a baller because of there size....give me a coach like MR and Diaz who aren't scared to change if something isn't working

I'll take my "L" on this like a man. I think my concerns about his Texas tenure were not wrong to bring up, but he certainly proved me wrong. So happy we have El Jefe.

Texas wasn't getting the best players anymore.....if Diaz did not have those three lbs our d would be worse. If he trotted Owens and Golden's boys who couldn't run it would have been a lot worse

the key to Diaz's defense was the D line talent and Coach Kool. they made everyone's job a lot easier last year, esp three freshmen LBs.

Major Key Hire.

Also just because a coach did bad somewhere else doesn't mean they will fail at another place...Diaz fits Miami as long as he gets the sfla savages. I prefer coaches who adapt n change instead of a guy who won't recruit a baller because of there size....give me a coach like MR and Diaz who aren't scared to change if something isn't working

this is the same thing they are saying on the Houston board. I actually agree but the theory does have its limits.

Advertisement

this is the same thing they are saying on the Houston board. I actually agree but the theory does have its limits.

Yes but dorito won't change he will make ed oliver trash because he can't run around the block like dorito told futch

He also did well everywhere else sans Texas. His numbers at Miss St were impressive given the talent disparity between Miss St and the rest of their conference. I love looking back at the people calling him "Dale II" and "Dorito 2.0"...now their calling him "El Jefe".

What happened to this poster "Fully"..whatever ?

He was banned when it became obvious he was a troll from another school...He was the dbag who wanted to start a "Fire Mark Richt" campaign weeks after he was hired because he claimed he wanted to be the first to do so.....Scum bag although I'm sure he his here under a different name.

Advertisement
Diaz was a complete and utter failure at Texas, I watched in astonishment as his teams gave up 500 yard games like it was an NFL vs. Pop Warner Team.

IDK if I like him. The guy hops from jobs to jobs and his time at Texas is concerning

Please no

Oh god no

Leave these to ERicht. When your first line on a DC is that his dad was a goofy local politician, the guy's a fail.

Diaz's flame out at Texas was so epic that I wouldn't go near him.

oh

Diaz was a complete and utter failure at Texas, I watched in astonishment as his teams gave up 500 yard games like it was an NFL vs. Pop Warner Team.

IDK if I like him. The guy hops from jobs to jobs and his time at Texas is concerning

Please no

Oh god no

Leave these to ERicht. When your first line on a DC is that his dad was a goofy local politician, the guy's a fail.

Why does everone want Texas's trash. Dorito 2.0

Manny Diaz is borderline D'Onofrio level.

oh

Advertisement
Nice bump.

498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.jpg

Please no

Oh god no

oh

Hindsight is 20/20.

I love Diaz and I'm happy we have him, but that does not mean my concerns were idiotic.

Any individual in the entire world, no matter what profession they wish to occupy, is evaluated based on their resume. Diaz could have done a horrible job at Texas, and done an excellent job for us; those two ideas don't have to be mutally exclusive.

^^^^^ But for the concerns to be legitimate, they have to be based on proper evaluation and thorough examination of the previous presumed failures. That wasn't the case for most of those outright rejections that were thrown out there. Texas job was a different animal in a failed system and under a failed HC who was later got fired. People were quick to judge him without much knowledge of the circumstances or whether he was the right fit there or not.

Advertisement

Please no

Oh god no

oh

Hindsight is 20/20.

I love Diaz and I'm happy we have him, but that does not mean my concerns were idiotic.

Any individual in the entire world, no matter what profession they wish to occupy, is evaluated based on their resume. Diaz could have done a horrible job at Texas, and done an excellent job for us; those two ideas don't have to be mutally exclusive.

3.15716490106606143880.505532326838747.gif

Im so glad you'll never find me in these bumps. Keep your fingers still when you aren't sure. Keeps your rep in tact.

Advertisement
Back