So You Want a Savage DC? Part 4: Manny Diaz

Advertisement
We'll hold on just a min. Last I checked Pruitt won a NC with an ACC team. Now there was talk about Richt and Pruitt "not on the same page" during the year but why is he an SEC guy? He won it all in the ACC.

The Lilly issue is even more perplexing. Correct me if I am wrong but he is the longest tenured asst under CMR at 7-8 years correct? Now absent of getting a HC or OC gig one would think your longest serving/most loyal asst would follow CMR south. Surely he would have gotten close to 7 figures and the popular CO-OC job. It is amazing how "not liking Miami" goes away when you become a millionaire and put your kids in the best schools etc.

I was even ok up until the point of the Diaz hire. Then I was like "Wait a minute"! So your DC you just hired 2 years ago doesn't want any part of your new staff and your longest serving asst coach doesn't want any part of it either?

I am not implying a "conspiracy" here. It is a bit odd that Lilly was so adamant from the jump about not coming here. Instead he goes to Will Muschamp?

Sorry I have lived in Atlanta and in SC. Being from here why Lilly would not like it here is mind boggling in itself! Maybe there is more to it. I find it strange he is the longest asst on the staff and outright rejects CMR? He didn't want to even listen it seems

So I just read this post from the start,... I was astonished..then I saw the dates...from when it originated!! As I continued to read,.. I turned on my oven and began cooking dinner!! I have an oven full of fresh cooked crow for the vast majority of the posters who participated in this thred,.. Just let me know which sides you want,.. I have humble pie,..and some regrettable soup,.. And even a bit of spoke too soon peas!!

Advertisement
:rickflair2:

I've admitted I wasn't a fan of Manny coming. I wanted Mullen as the HC, but hoped he wouldn't bring Manny.

So, I get your point.

But as I've done with Richt, I'm giving Manny a fresh start.

Neither of them were first options for me. But they've been hired ... So, I can keep griping about wanting Dan Mullen and John Chavis, or I can be excited about about a new HC who won a bunch of games in the SEC over the past 15 years and his new DC who's know for hyper-aggressive, blitz-happy defenses.

I choose the latter. And, I'm guessing, most who are on the Manny-train are probably doing the same.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who reads through these hoping to goodness I didn't make a fool of myself?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll take my "L" on this like a man. I think my concerns about his Texas tenure were not wrong to bring up, but he certainly proved me wrong. So happy we have El Jefe.

Am I the only one who reads through these hoping to goodness I didn't make a fool of myself?

I know for sure I didn't...I was in such a state of bliss after getting rid of Doritos that I would've been happy with any DC hire.

Advertisement
Back