So who's got the details on the recruit BBQ

For BBQ purists, there's a difference. BBQ requires a smoker and cuts of meat smoked slowly for long periods of time. Throwing some burgers or steaks on a grill is a cookout.

This. Nobody south of Maryland calls a cookout a BBQ

Get it together umhurricane. For the love of Gawd! Get it together!

Allow me to clarify.

There is a headline on CaneSpurt that called it a "barbecue". Not having been in attendance, I simply reused the term, not knowing if slow-smoking was involved.

I do know the difference. I respect the difference.

I did not mean to spark a fierce debate over cookery, I know how seriously people take these things.
Don't run away from this now, you know exactly what you did.

Advertisement
Nesta on decommit watch

Man stfu..... tired of you duck a55 posters who like to jump to conclusions all the time and throw sh*t on the wall to see if it sticks..

Did you consider the possibility of sarcasm here? I think he was making fun of those who will conclude Nesta was displaying his unhappiness with Miami by not throwing up the U.

Nesta on decommit watch

Man stfu..... tired of you duck a55 posters who like to jump to conclusions all the time and throw sh*t on the wall to see if it sticks..

Did you consider the possibility of sarcasm here? I think he was making fun of those who will conclude Nesta was displaying his unhappiness with Miami by not throwing up the U.
Naw, m3n always do sh*t like that.....

In all fairness, I can count the number or good barbecue places in Dade and Broward on one hand so there's not a huge reverence for the term here. I'm also guilty of inviting friends over to "barbecue" when all I'm doing is grilling up some burgers or hotdogs. Although I do have a smoker that I break out for special occasions when I have the time to cook it low and slow.

Advertisement
5297871cb58547dc932cea5977a7a630.jpg

From left to right: John Campbell, Gurvan Hall, Nesta Silvera, Mark Pope, Daquris Wiggins, Delone Scaife, Dennis Briggs, Lorenzo Lingard, Mark Richt, Camron Davis & Al Blades Jr.

Nice pic of our commits, even the 3 silents! Law firm of Campbell, Blades, and Briggs, I see you!

For BBQ purists, there's a difference. BBQ requires a smoker and cuts of meat smoked slowly for long periods of time. Throwing some burgers or steaks on a grill is a cookout.

This. Nobody south of Maryland calls a cookout a BBQ

Get it together umhurricane. For the love of Gawd! Get it together!

Allow me to clarify.

There is a headline on CaneSpurt that called it a "barbecue". Not having been in attendance, I simply reused the term, not knowing if slow-smoking was involved.

I do know the difference. I respect the difference.

I did not mean to spark a fierce debate over cookery, I know how seriously people take these things.
Don't run away from this now, you know exactly what you did.

Ha! You're right, I stepped in it, deep. Didn't mean to, but I did.

Having said that, my brother has a competition-size slow smoker and we usually do a couple of briskets and/or a couple of pork butts on all the major BBQ holidays, so I'll be enjoying myself in a few weeks.

Advertisement
Nesta on decommit watch

Let it go Brock we've talked about this. There are certain posters you just ignore whenever they make posts like that.
True , let me fallback

It's all good, Brock, I'm just trying to nudge you, not bludgeon you.

Nesta on decommit watch

I was one of the first to comment on it. Not to throw shade...but..if he had held the "U"..just a bit low..would've made a **** of a set of rabbit ears for coach ...I could see the humor there! But never once insinuating any disintrest in our program!!

5297871cb58547dc932cea5977a7a630.jpg

From left to right: John Campbell, Gurvan Hall, Nesta Silvera, Mark Pope, Daquris Wiggins, Delone Scaife, Dennis Briggs, Lorenzo Lingard, Mark Richt, Camron Davis & Al Blades Jr.

Looking at a group of black guys you can never tell what the weather is.

Advertisement
The group of kids coming to our cook out is better than the list of kids that will end up at FNL

Nesta on decommit watch

Grab a snickers Brock

Advertisement
DTP,

The vocabulary for "BBQ" varies a lot, depending on where you live. In the West (I live in Cali), I've never heard the word "cookout" ever used. Here, BBQ is the word of choice that covers both grilling foods and using smokers. BBQ is both a verb (I'm gonna BBQ some steaks) and a noun referring to the physical grill (lets light the BBQ). It's not used to refer to the food cooked on the BBQ.

For my friends in Georgia, they refer to "grillin out" when cooking on the grill.

In Miami, I'm not sure how it's described. I used to go to Shortys quite often when I lived in Coral Gables. Isn't that BBQd chicken and ribs?

Making me hungry!

Nesta on decommit watch

Let it go Brock we've talked about this. There are certain posters you just ignore whenever they make posts like that.
True , let me fallback

I got a really novel idea for you Brock, hit the ignore button and he goes away, if not then build a bridge and get over it, your choice,

Advertisement
Back