So which is it?

Bama???? LMAO... come on CD, you're better than that.

There is a bad trend on D that started last year. You have to fix the D and the same DC isn't the answer.

I am just disagreeing with your blanket statement that "you should beat the teams that are worse than you". I could come up with 10-20 examples where that is not a true statement today.

I am not saying that we dont have problems on defense but they will not be changed this year or next. Golden and D firmly believe it is a personnel issue right now and not schemes.

So we should just be fans and not discuss anything until the 2014 season? Seriously?

Never said that. But what do you want to discuss? What you would do as DC? How ****ty the defense is? What you would do to change it?

All anyone does is ****ing rip the players and coaches. How about we discuss some of the things we could do to improve? Lu brings those types of discussions but 95% of the rest of this board doesnt. When I ask for people to provide those types of responses or criticize someone for just ****ing all of the time then I am a "superfan". Its cool but this place needs more educated discussions as opposed to just constant **** sessions.

Fair enough, but after a loss like today this is what happens on the board. You coming in and telling everyone how they should act just makes it worse. You know that. If it bothers you, don't read it.

You should know by now that it goes both ways. If people want to rip the team then I should be able to disagree or question it. If they can speak their opinion then so should I. If it bothers them, then they shouldnt read it or respond.

Advertisement
Miami doesn't get that holding call on 4th down of the last drive and a whole lotta people who are presently in the fetal position crapping the bed would be saying no postseason ban this year because the Canes are going to beat FSU in the ACC championship game.

this

its one of the extremes every time on hear after a loss

Only fanbase that starts giving up on a new coach before 2 full seasons are played.

Well ****.

Other coaches get things turned around pretty quickly. Notre Dame seems to be doing just fine, as do others.

It's like we're taking estrogen shots.

Every situation is different but there are probably a handful of coaches in CFB that could have turned us into a juggernaut by year 2.

I am just disagreeing with your blanket statement that "you should beat the teams that are worse than you". I could come up with 10-20 examples where that is not a true statement today.

I am not saying that we dont have problems on defense but they will not be changed this year or next. Golden and D firmly believe it is a personnel issue right now and not schemes.

So we should just be fans and not discuss anything until the 2014 season? Seriously?

Never said that. But what do you want to discuss? What you would do as DC? How ****ty the defense is? What you would do to change it?

All anyone does is ****ing rip the players and coaches. How about we discuss some of the things we could do to improve? Lu brings those types of discussions but 95% of the rest of this board doesnt. When I ask for people to provide those types of responses or criticize someone for just ****ing all of the time then I am a "superfan". Its cool but this place needs more educated discussions as opposed to just constant **** sessions.

Fair enough, but after a loss like today this is what happens on the board. You coming in and telling everyone how they should act just makes it worse. You know that. If it bothers you, don't read it.

You should know by now that it goes both ways. If people want to rip the team then I should be able to disagree or question it. If they can speak their opinion then so should I. If it bothers them, then they shouldnt read it or respond.

Agreed, within the rules of the board. Namecalling and attacking posters WILL NOT be tolerated.

Gotta be patient.

Just gotta keep making progress.

This.

We're fielding a JV team right now and have something like the 2nd youngest team in the country. We've had a legitimate shot at winning every ACC game this year. We obviously have gaps on our team that the coaching staff is working at filling. Safety, a position that is definitely hurting despite deons play this year, is going to be one of our strengths after this recruiting class joins the team. I can go on with each position.

For those of you fair weather fans, support the U or gtfoh! Show up to games instead of *****!ng about noon starts, empty stadiums, etc! support this coaching staff and trust that they and the players we have are going over this program back on top where it belongs

We've been young since 2007. I'm tired of hearing how young we are. Everyone is young. Alabama aint lining up 38 year old mu****as with house notes up. They're kids are the same age as ours. From the same state as ours (lol).

and NEGGED for calling anyone fairweather because they don't see thru orange and green glasses and slurp goldenjuice. Reality is, we stink. I'm tired of stinking. Get someone in here to unsuck this suckfest.

So you've been to every home game to support this team? Or you just bish from home on Saturdays because we've lost another game? Theres something to be said about the youth of this team. We have a completely different team the we did n 2007' '08. Those players that came in that era were entitled, did not work hard, we're poorly coached, and most importantly recruiting dropped off significantly. You can thank that era for the position were in today. I can guarantee you that if this coaching staff stays here for another 2 years well be closer to being a top team than we were when golden took over.

Advertisement
Gotta be patient.

This.

We're fielding a JV team right now and have something like the 2nd youngest team in the country. We've had a legitimate shot at winning every ACC game this year. We obviously have gaps on our team that the coaching staff is working at filling. Safety, a position that is definitely hurting despite deons play this year, is going to be one of our strengths after this recruiting class joins the team. I can go on with each position.

For those of you fair weather fans, support the U or gtfoh! Show up to games instead of *****!ng about noon starts, empty stadiums, etc! support this coaching staff and trust that they and the players we have are going over this program back on top where it belongs

We've been young since 2007. I'm tired of hearing how young we are. Everyone is young. Alabama aint lining up 38 year old mu****as with house notes up. They're kids are the same age as ours. From the same state as ours (lol).

and NEGGED for calling anyone fairweather because they don't see thru orange and green glasses and slurp goldenjuice. Reality is, we stink. I'm tired of stinking. Get someone in here to unsuck this suckfest.

So you've been to every home game to support this team? Or you just bish from home on Saturdays because we've lost another game? Theres something to be said about the youth of this team. We have a completely different team the we did n 2007' '08. Those players that came in that era were entitled, did not work hard, we're poorly coached, and most importantly recruiting dropped off significantly. You can thank that era for the position were in today. I can guarantee you that if this coaching staff stays here for another 2 years well be closer to being a top team than we were when golden took over.

How does me attending games make me more/less of a fan? I live in NC. I go to whatever games I can go to around here.

Golden said No Excuses before this season started. No he's making excuses. You're making excuses. **** that. We have the worst defense in america. Paint that rosy for me bro.

Our top recruit just decommitted. Another is on the way. Lol. What have you seen so far that makes you think we'll improve?

Since we are on our third head coach and nothing looks like it is improving. We have seen this year after year with different head coaches and coaching staff. So fellas, is the coaches or the players?

This is our first HEAD coach in about a decade.

Gotta be patient.

This.

And bama didn't win their mnc until sabans 3rd year! Golden has only been here for 22 months.

Gotta be patient.

This.

And bama didn't win their mnc until sabans 3rd year! Golden has only been here for 22 months.

saban year 1= 7-6
golden year 1= 6-6 (bowl ban)

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden.

Advertisement

Agreed, within the rules of the board. Namecalling and attacking posters WILL NOT be tolerated.

When that rule is 100% enforced and not against certain posters, then I am sure you will get much more compliance from everyone.

Only fanbase that starts giving up on a new coach before 2 full seasons are played.

Well ****.

Other coaches get things turned around pretty quickly. Notre Dame seems to be doing just fine, as do others.

It's like we're taking estrogen shots.

Every situation and every program is unique. Just because other schools did it, doesn't mean it can be done that quickly anywhere, Miami included.

Gotta be patient.

This.

saban year 1= 7-6

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden.

Saban was also a head coach at Toledo, Michigan State and LSU and in the NFL before he came to Bama. Maybe that has something to do with him being able to turn them around so quickly.

When that rule is 100% enforced and not against certain posters, then I am sure you will get much more compliance from everyone.

It isn't personal. If I miss someone report it, or pm me.

Advertisement
This.

saban year 1= 7-6

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden.

Saban was also a head coach at Toledo, Michigan State and LSU and in the NFL before he came to Bama. Maybe that has something to do with him being able to turn them around so quickly.

maybe it does. He was also on the staff for belichick in cleveland.

This.

saban year 1= 7-6

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden.

Can we also add the context of the players and situation they started out with? People love to bring up Saban or Meyer as examples of quick success, but does ANYONE think they would've had that type of success with the roster and distractions that Golden inherited? Would either of them have a drastically different record right now after a massive exodus of players that stupidly went pro after being sold a bill of goods by a snake? They may have won what? One game that Golden didn't this season? I doubt either would do significantly better than Golden had we hired them.

Advertisement
Bunch of retarted fans starting stupid threads. Everyone(most) picked us to finish between 3-6 games. Al Golden does a good job and the loses to Virginia. Now everyone is acting like we were good. Only dannyboycane fanboys thought we were good.

we just lost to virginia for the 3rd year in a row. Why is virginia considered good? They were 3-6 before today.We were 5-4. We're not good enough to be expected to beat a 3-6 team?

let's be honest here. we could have easily been 3-6 heading into today.

we could have beaten UNC and been 6-3. What if unicorns were real and michael jackson never dyed his skin white? whats your point?

first, don't be asinine. my point is that we're not a good team. the only people in this country that expected us to be any good this year were the very optimistic portions of the fanbase or blind homers. anyone from outside, or any fan with an objective opinion, predicted us to be about where we are or slightly worse with most of them citing the defense being extremely young and unproven. that defense at the time also included ray ray (who we could really use right now). so you take away arguably the best player (at least in terms of potential) and sprinkle in a bunch of injuries and suspensions, this is what you get.

saban year 1= 7-6

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden

I'll add:

Jimmy Johnson -Okla State: 7-4
3-7-1
7-5
4-5-2
8-4

Guessing Saban didn't have multiple players that were seeing a significant # of snaps per game (like Luther Robinson) or were starters for god's sakes (like Eddie Johnson or even Gabe Terry on special teams) that just decided for one reason or another not to show up for practice.

Last edited:
saban year 1= 7-6

saban year 2=12-2
golden year 2=5-5

19-8 for saban
11-11 for golden

Guessing Saban didn't have multiple players that were seeing a significant # of snaps per game (like Luther Robinson) or were starters for god's sakes (like Eddie Johnson or even Gabe Terry on special teams) that just decided for one reason or another not to show up for practice.

idk what saban had. google it if you're interested. I know his record speaks for itself.

Advertisement
Back