So We Lost 2 DT's To FSU. WOW!!

Don't know why y'all are crying so hard for.any person with a brain knows it will take a couple years to find out if any kid in this years class is a superstar,middle of the pack type player or a bust(jag).besides I'd rather take a kid who's mad a being a 4star and motivated to show the world he deserves a better rating than a 5 star who thinks he's entitled for it and doesn't have to earn it.

This is such a silly way to think.

Advertisement
Why is it that the Turds and Noles always get better D players than we do? Both have new coaches and no one knows how good they will be, while we have a stable program that appears to be on the rise. Yet they are STILL taking kids away from us.

These kids are getting paid.
Who they get better than Nests? Why are Surtain & Campbell better than Frierson & Ivy? Because some Rivals feel who probably never saw any of them in person says they are? Our kids want to be Canes and will outplay those kids the next four years. Bank it.

I can see it now. All the dudes saying there is nothing to worry about because we snagged 1 top rated DT after losing 3 DT complaining and making depth excuses when we go 9-3.

Advertisement
it seems we were never really sold on Chatman,Chatfield & Briggs as we seemed to slow walk them or lose interest in them
during process in pursuit of other DT's... we will need haul on D side of ball next cycle LB's Dline
will need some JUCO DT help as well..... not going to go far with a grad transfer from Illinois

They all saw what Richt did at GA for 15 years and what Kirby did in 2. They know what Richts ceiling is.

EXACTLY!!!
You guys must be young or dumb and didn’t really follow what happened with Richtat Georgia. If Richt had the playoff system during his time at Georgia he would have made the playoffs multiple times. For example year #2 just like Kirby. He only lost 1game and ended up being ranked#3behind our #2Canes and #1Ohio Taint. Or in 2007 when they ended up as the #2 team in the nation behind #1LSU. Richt had to journey through a **** of a gauntlet do you even remember the SEC winning 8 straight national titles?probably not huh? Or how about the fact that when mike BObo was hired after the 2007-08season he wasn’t allowed to call plays. He was a coach in a limited program. He was battling Meyers, Spurrier,Saban,Tommy Bowden then Tubberville at Auburn,Les Myles,and earlier on Phillip Fullmer, Houston Nutt among others for recruits. Ungrateful ********

PREACH Brother, PREACH

I would take just Nesta over Briggs and 3 star Georgia Chatman ANYDAY!!!!!

AMEN

What are these people crying about???

Losing both Briggs and Chatman are no great loses. Neither one would see the field for us for at least two years IF ever at all anyway.

No tears here.

Great Class we got the one star DT we needed to get. One who will play well and star early and often gets my cheers versus crying over these two bench warmers.

Briggs was a long time FSU fan and ready to commit when Jimbo flaked out. Didn't take much for Tag to close on him. Chatman seemed to fall in love with every visit he took and seems a bit of a flake. We got Nesta who is way better than either one and they all seem to love the Miller kid. Lets wait and see.

By next year NOBODY will remember Briggs or Chatman's name OR care that they went elsewhere.

We'll all be talking about how great it is to have Silvera who has beast written all over him

Advertisement
The normal suspects are gleefully bashing Coach Richt and most anything else they can think of concerning the Canes football program. This is a day of celebration for the haters who find ominous dark linings in the most positive silver clouds.

If you girls want to hate look no further than Andrew Chatfield who during his televised commitment/signing ceremony reached for a UM hat to signify the school he would be joining, only to then cast it aside and put a Gators hat on his empty head. That classless act makes him the perfect Gator…he’s not a 5 star linebacker, but there’s no doubt that he’s a 5 star ****hole!

Miami did Chatfield dirty...recruited him late af, invited him to OV, then didn't do an in-home visit with him despite visiting the other 3 AH kids the same day...then never sent him a NLI to sign.

not prioritizing a kid is doing him dirty? he clearly wasn't a player that the staff wanted. should we go full golden and throw an offer to every kid in south florida hoping one of them sticks?

I know one HC who was available who wouldn't be losing top notch DTs.

Unfortunately he's at a different school in south Florida.

Wouldn't be surprised to see his defense and DL out-produce ours in the future.

It's all about bad recruiters and bad recruiting. Even Coley from UGA, not such a good recruiter in his days at UM, stole Campbell from us.

Your class can be rated in the Top 5 all you want, but if you don't have DL and OL croots that are among the nations elite in volume, its an incredibly hollow ranking.

Incredibly disappointing haul on the DL, especially the interior DL. Nesta is great, but you need three Nestas per class to compete nationally.

That's the fact Jack.

Say it all the time, and like much of our older fan base, which is sadly where I am now in the mid-40s...I too was obsessed with speed, speed, speed in the 80s, 90s and even up to our last Ship. The worm has completely turned, and speed is everywhere (partly because of the ability to pull from our backyard)...the big prize now can only be attained with dominance in the trenches, and we have been woefully short in that area. Even when we think we will have a great OL, we seem to come up short. If we are going to count on having decent (that's all they were really) DL run stuffers only once they become Juniors / Seniors...we have become an also ran.

UM

Advertisement
numbers is the big deal

depth is the big deal

with a secondary that has questionable coaching

with a defensive coordinator is looking suspect

right on pak, anybody heard an update on the 2 dudes from Clem that want to be Canes ? I woulda signed em already

Advertisement
That's the fact Jack.

Say it all the time, and like much of our older fan base, which is sadly where I am now in the mid-40s...I too was obsessed with speed, speed, speed in the 80s, 90s and even up to our last Ship. The worm has completely turned, and speed is everywhere (partly because of the ability to pull from our backyard)...the big prize now can only be attained with dominance in the trenches, and we have been woefully short in that area. Even when we think we will have a great OL, we seem to come up short. If we are going to count on having decent (that's all they were really) DL run stuffers only once they become Juniors / Seniors...we have become an also ran.

UM

you said it old man, wait till you hit 50, things become so clear its unreal. No need to look any further than the champ game this year, those d-lines they rolled out there, wow, and the o-lines, wow. We may can play a good half with them, but their rotation is just to much for us, we cant play trench warfare with these boys, and i will say right now, Clem will curbstomp our *** again this year just for that reason alone. I dont buy that Richt dont see this as well but damm sure dont seem like he is in any hurry to address it does it

you said it old man, wait till you hit 50, things become so clear its unreal. No need to look any further than the champ game this year, those d-lines they rolled out there, wow, and the o-lines, wow. We may can play a good half with them, but their rotation is just to much for us, we cant play trench warfare with these boys, and i will say right now, Clem will curbstomp our *** again this year just for that reason alone. I dont buy that Richt dont see this as well but damm sure dont seem like he is in any hurry to address it does it

I hope he just being slow in addressing it. The scary part with these SFLA kids, you just can't count on any single class. We are supposed to have a loaded '19 class in trench areas of need....but how can you feel too solid about it when the bag men beat you out at the end of every cycle for crucial recruits?

I know one thing, I hope he is at least learning to unload offers VERY early and often on top DL and OL and show them ridiculous attention.

UM

Advertisement
Back