So We Lost 2 DT's To FSU. WOW!!

You guys act like chatman is a blue chipper and Briggs would go to fsu if captain crunch was the head coach ... Some of y'all forget that Fsu always recruits well in general and willy is a good recruiter but I do think he will be severely out coach when he comes to the rock this fall

Advertisement
I hope he just being slow in addressing it. The scary part with these SFLA kids, you just can't count on any single class. We are supposed to have a loaded '19 class in trench areas of need....but how can you feel too solid about it when the bag men beat you out at the end of every cycle for crucial recruits?

I know one thing, I hope he is at least learning to unload offers VERY early and often on top DL and OL and show them ridiculous attention.

UM

you got a good point there, i dont believe he does not see that glaring weak spot, best hope we get these two transfers and maybe even a juco, read Butch just pulled two badass juco dl's, what a surprise. You know when Jimmy came in he had a good line in to Texas and used it, then Dennis and Butch kept it up, but not so much in the last 10 years or more. Texas has linemen and quarterbacks, i went to Jerry World and watched the state championships this past year, 4,5,and 6 a and i have never seen so many 300lb kids in my life man, unbelievable, even 4a had 300lb boys, we need to re-open that road

We cooled on both Briggs and Chatman way earlier in the cycle. It wasn't until we learned that both Norton and McIntosh were leaving that we decided we wanted them again...and by that time it was too late.

Advertisement
The defensive side of the ball needs to step it up. The quality of the players we got are fine. No issues there. But we need to make sure we also get the numbers. Last year we had to pray that Walton and Herndon stayed healthy because we did not have numbers behind them. We all saw how well that worked out. It is the same deal with defense. You need depth, injuries happen, all teams have to deal with it. Having depth allows you to succeed and not collapse late in the season.

Elite defensive recruiting requires deep pockets. Chatman played 4 schools and at the end the semenholes dropped the bags.
Ojomo and Coburn played us and the oil men provided.
Next year same ish with the sofla LB's and DE's. The elite will go somewhere else.
Bogle ain't coming.
Another year holding our nuts.
And lets not forget our awesome sofla agents who claim to be fans but keep players from staying for their senior year.

Neither DT is elite. Good, but not elite. We'll survive.

we need DE's. I dont care that too kids the staff werent crazy about went to FSU to lose to use every year.

Your class can be rated in the Top 5 all you want, but if you don't have DL and OL croots that are among the nations elite in volume, its an incredibly hollow ranking.

Incredibly disappointing haul on the DL, especially the interior DL. Nesta is great, but you need three Nestas per class to compete nationally.

Actually I think it was more disappointing with DEs than on the interior (DTs). Nesta, Miller, y Tito is a pretty good haul and I think we're ok depth-wise at DT (not that I don't want more). But at DE, we brought in one freaking recruit. Our depth chart is five guys, one coming off an injury, one always injured, and one a skinny FR. That's ridiculous IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back