so this was said

Advertisement
about practice today by someone there during the media portion:

Not much energy at practice - Mark Richt not much of a yeller out here usually but you could hear him upset across the field at guys not giving effort and yelling they are “just standing there” .... at least he’s trying to get them fired up to practice better I guess

Don't know what happened for the duration but doesn't sound like the beginning was very enthusiastic

wow, that's never happened before.

Advertisement
He might’ve been a preacher style back in the day, but preachers are generally inspiring, upbeat, and convincing, like this guy:

View attachment 69093
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Yeah, the NFL is eager as **** to sign guys who can’t be bothered to play hard because of (fill in the blank).

I don’t think it’s ok for the players to go less than 100% for any reason.

Have a beer Mark it might make you realize your team is ****ed and you are ****ed too

they probably want to lose out and not freeze to death at some random december 27th bowl in Wyoming.

Just saw that Manny said it was really hot and miserable on Green Tree today. Probably part of the lethargy problem.

Advertisement
Important part that was left out...

After Richt yells at the player about " just standing there ", the player had to remind him "we're still in our pre snap formation, coach. We don't do motion, remember?""

Sooo....Are we back to being the "Candy Canes". Christmas is right around the corner. Richt starting to acquire Golden type records. ESPN going to have the stats up next game. Miami's only 2 wins against P5 schools over the last 13 games are FSU and UNC who have a combined record of 5-14.

Advertisement
We have tons of issues. But Richt has not totally lost this team. If he had lost this team GT would have absolutely rolled us. The kids fought hard to the end. Not defending Richt at all. He has plenty of things to change and fix. But I am not seeing a team that has quit. That triple option would have racked up 500 yards on a team that has quit.

Advertisement
Back