So Sanguenetti, somebody fill me in how

Gooner#44

Recruit
Banned
a highly rated kid, with offers from everyone is a no take for Miami. I'm not saying he is/isn't, just curious why I'm hearing that from multiple people. And yes, I heard about his poor 40 time.

thanks

Advertisement
His rankings are slipping due to poor off-season performances. Not saying I believe he should or shouldn't be a take, just answering your question. The answer to the question "How is a highly rated kid with offers from everyone not a take for Miami?" is "He's not as highly rated as he once was, and he's not being actively pursued by many of the schools he has offers from."

IMO there isn't a single kid at The Opening with more to prove right now.

Cliff Notes version:

Kid was playing coy with the staff and did not commit when he could have. Kid goes up to Canton, Ohio and tests so poorly for a safety that he made Diamante Howard look like a great athlete. And not just the 40... vertical jump, shuttle, size/weight, all well below average for a safety (only his powerball numbers, which were about average, are ok). Now it looks like a few of the bigger schools (including Miami), have backed off. People who have seen him live or reviewed his highlight tape think he is a better athlete than he tests. Others believe five minutes of highlights (taken from a complete season) are not enough to rebut numbers so catastrophically below average. His only hope for a committable UM offer now is some combination of a great showing at Paradise and things going poorly with our DB recruiting.

If you want more than that, use the search feature.

Cliff Notes version:

Kid was playing coy with the staff and did not commit when he could have. Kid goes up to Canton, Ohio and tests so poorly for a safety that he made Diamante Howard look like a great athlete. And not just the 40... vertical jump, shuttle, size/weight, all well below average for a safety (only his powerball numbers, which were about average, are ok). Now it looks like a few of the bigger schools (including Miami), have backed off. People who have seen him live or reviewed his highlight tape think he is a better athlete than he tests. Others believe five minutes of highlights (taken from a complete season) are not enough to rebut numbers so catastrophically below average. His only hope for a committable UM offer now is some combination of a great showing at Paradise and things going poorly with our DB recruiting.

If you want more than that, use the search feature.
Literally this with the emphasis on diamante Howard lol

Advertisement
Hmmmmm, so is he tests at let's say a 4.65 and plays well at the camp is he then a take again? Seems like he's still getting plenty of interest from schools like Michigan, UF, etc. I did read OSU has backed off contact but they just stole a 4* safety we wanted from a pipeline school (SMMFH), so they already are set.

I would much rather we land this guy:
1530545372412.png

Hmmmmm, so is he tests at let's say a 4.65 and plays well at the camp is he then a take again? Seems like he's still getting plenty of interest from schools like Michigan, UF, etc. I did read OSU has backed off contact but they just stole a 4* safety we wanted from a pipeline school (SMMFH), so they already are set.

The UF staff visited my morning stool, and offered. So UF isn’t saying much.

Advertisement
The truth is coming out, this happens every year its called good evals. He had a chance to pull the trigger.....wanted better offers thought he was better than what he was and then we find out hes running a 8.2 40.......now we dont want him and hes screwed. This is why those camps are very important, it separates the ballers from the jags.

Everyone of UF’s commits right now doesn’t have an offer from Fsu or Miami. I’m ok losing a few cb’s to them when we’re landing far better talent.

Even their fans know corch Morlen can’t recruit.
This year I agree, but they fleeced us a few cycles back for some kids we really, really wanted. It's what started the "Fire Rumph" crew up. Last year and this year we haven't lost to them, but still lost plenty SoFla DBs we wanted to others. Losing out on a kid like Battle to the buttplugs in Columbus irritates me to no end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This year I agree, but they fleeced us a few cycles back for some kids we really, really wanted. It's what started the "Fire Rumph" crew up. Last year and this year we haven't lost to them, but still lost plenty SoFla DBs we wanted to others. Losing out on a kid like Battle to the buttplugs in Columbus irritates me to no end.

And those DB are doing what? They're a plenty of guys they wanted and we "fleeced " them. Look, every guy that we *****ed and argued about in the past have either transferred from UF, haven't seen the field or have been arrested.

I would take him at worse he’s a redshirt candidate and see how he develops physically under our S&C program. He has a knack for making plays so even if he doesn’t start still would be a great addition to the team. But at the end of the day I’m not losing sleep over it.

Advertisement
I would take him at worse he’s a redshirt candidate and see how he develops physically under our S&C program. He has a knack for making plays so even if he doesn’t start still would be a great addition to the team. But at the end of the day I’m not losing sleep over it.

That's the thing, a lot of these kids that end up in division 1 end up having great HS careers. It gets different when you reach college. A lot of these guys that were great in HS, don't quite measure up. This is what we knocked Golden and D'Onofrio for as it related to one of the recruiting videos that went out. Hurlie Brown was the only one whom understood that at Miami, you go for the best athlete and coach him up at safety. What some are saying is that Sanguenetti's elite at being safety (same thing D'Onofrio said). So we have a slow safety that you guys potentially want to waste a scholly that could potentially be the next Robert Knowles.

despite his great film the testing numbers are just to low to justify an offer. I like many was impressed with his film but unfortunately the game speeds up quite a bit at the college level and his pedestrian athleticism is just not going to cut it. Maybe the kid ends up doing well somewhere else and is a miss by the staff but with those combine numbers even with improvement in speed from college S&C program his ceiling is just to low to really play here at miami

I would take Josh...at worst he’ll be a special teams ace and you always need somebody who’ll be reliable on ST. Especially with Travis probably turnng his focus to full time RB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back