So Sanguenetti, somebody fill me in how

I would take Josh...at worst he’ll be a special teams ace and you always need somebody who’ll be reliable on ST. Especially with Travis probably Turing his focus to full time RB

Huh? Travis Homer and Sanguinetti will never play on the same team. Homer is gone to the NFL draft after this year, Sanguinetti is a 2019 kid.

And you don't take a kid because he's a good special teams player LMAO. Here at Miami, we recruit the best of the best athletes in the world. Playmakers and game changers at their positions. And, while they play sparingly for a year or two and learn from the previous crop of world class athletes and all-conference players, they contribute on special teams until it's time for them to let their talents loose on offense or defense.

If the kid can't play Safety here, you don't take him. Period. Not "Oh well, he stinks but at least we can stick him on special teams". Nah, son.

Advertisement
I would take Josh...at worst he’ll be a special teams ace and you always need somebody who’ll be reliable on ST. Especially with Travis probably Turing his focus to full time RB
If u cant land the dogs then we may not have a choice depending whos ahead of him on the list at DB

Huh? Travis Homer and Sanguinetti will never play on the same team. Homer is gone to the NFL draft after this year, Sanguinetti is a 2019 kid.

And you don't take a kid because he's a good special teams player LMAO. Here at Miami, we recruit the best of the best athletes in the world. Playmakers and game changers at their positions. And, while they play sparingly for a year or two and learn from the previous crop of world class athletes and all-conference players, they contribute on special teams until it's time for them to let their talents loose on offense or defense.

If the kid can't play Safety here, you don't take him. Period. Not "Oh well, he stinks but at least we can stick him on special teams". Nah, son.
the **** are talking about Travis homer leaving for the league? He ain’t getting drafted even if he racks up 2,000 yards ! He’s an average athlete at best and gets his yards off decent vision and toughness. There’s a place for that in the league but a running back barely at 200 pounds isn’t getting drafted off of that unless he’s running 4.45.

Also EL O EL at taking a guy just for special teams. I know you’re kind of slow, especially after using Bud Elliott as a recruiting source, so let me explain it to you as simple as I can. When somebody says at minimum he’ll be a special teams ace that means worst case scenario. Watch Josh’s tape, he’s already a better athlete and has better hands than Sheldrick Redwine and he’s a starter here.

Travis Homer leaving for that draft, now that’s ******* funny.

the **** are talking about Travis homer leaving for the league? He ain’t getting drafted even if he racks up 2,000 yards ! He’s an average athlete at best and gets his yards off decent vision and toughness. There’s a place for that in the league but a running back barely at 200 pounds isn’t getting drafted off of that unless he’s running 4.45.

Also EL O EL at taking a guy just for special teams. I know you’re kind of slow, especially after using Bud Elliott as a recruiting source, so let me explain it to you as simple as I can. When somebody says at minimum he’ll be a special teams ace that means worst case scenario. Watch Josh’s tape, he’s already a better athlete and has better hands than Sheldrick Redwine and he’s a starter here.

Ummmmm...... Z, my dude. Travis is probably one of the best athletes on the team. 4.27, 425 bench, great shuttles, and obviously a do it all attitude. He has already been projected by some to be a first round talent. He definitely will get drafted. Lets be honest here.

I am hoping I am missing some kind of joke here, lol.

I would not be surprised to see Homer run in the mid/high 4.4s at a Pro Day or Combine. And more than any other position, it makes sense for RBs to leave early. Pounding on the body from additional carries, likelihood of injury, and the fact fewer of them get taken in round 1 these days. I agree he'd need to have an amazing junior year to even have a chance of being drafted on Day 2, but I think that's certainly possible.

Advertisement
Hmmmmm, so is he tests at let's say a 4.65 and plays well at the camp is he then a take again? Seems like he's still getting plenty of interest from schools like Michigan, UF, etc. I did read OSU has backed off contact but they just stole a 4* safety we wanted from a pipeline school (SMMFH), so they already are set.

Imo the staff have guys ahead of him now that weren’t early in the process. Guys like battle, Smith have moved ahead and obviously Stevenson is the biggest prospect at DB.

Actually there has been a bunch of hype about him recently. He could very well end up in the draft. Some even have him as a top 100 player. I think you need to do more research, sir.

Ummmmm...... Z, my dude. Travis is probably one of the best athletes on the team. 4.27, 425 bench, great shuttles, and obviously a do it all attitude. He has already been projected by some to be a first round talent. He definitely will get drafted. Lets be honest here.

I am hoping I am missing some kind of joke here, lol.
I would like to see that, because the only thing I’ve found that’s credible about him being drafted is being graded the 100th best prospect in the ‘19 draft and that’s a reach to me. Yea, maybe I should give him more credit as an athlete because he does have good shuttle times but he’s a below average pass blocker and an average pass catcher which backs that usually go high can handle their own or more in both of those categories.

As RB’s go, Deejay has more talent than him even though Travis is more refined.

Advertisement
Homer is an NFL back IMO. If Walton got drafted as a Top 115 or so pick Homer can as well IMO. Like PittCane said, he's one of the best athletes on the entire roster. He averaged 6 yards a carry and didn't get to pad his stats as much as Walton did vs. Toledo and Bethune. He's 5 foot 11, 200 pounds, he's not a shrimp.

Last edited:

:monkey-serious:

I would take him at worse he’s a redshirt candidate and see how he develops physically under our S&C program. He has a knack for making plays so even if he doesn’t start still would be a great addition to the team. But at the end of the day I’m not losing sleep over it.

Sounds like Robert Knowles, who is obviously awful.

He had some pretty good HS film too. However, the huge red flag with him was that he ran in the 4.8's. (he also couldn't squat 225 when he first got on campus, which is just sad).

Guys like Smith, Battle, Richards, Stevenson, even Nunn - all of them have testing numbers that destroy Sanguinetti, so that's a red flag.

You can be a pretty good HS player, especially against a weak schedule, and be a mediocre athlete. Problem is that won't translate to college

Advertisement
Y’all can disagree all y’all want. Y’all also know most of the time I end up being right.

You are delusional, lol at saying homer is an average athlete at best. He had a spark rating of 125 plus in highschool and ran a verified 4.48 then. He’s running in the 4.38-4.44 range right now at 5’11 205 if he left early he defitniely would get drafted in fact a lot of draft scouts are starting to notice him even more lately

You are delusional, lol at saying homer is an average athlete at best. He had a spark rating of 125 plus in highschool and ran a verified 4.48 then. He’s running in the 4.38-4.44 range right now at 5’11 205 if he left early he defitniely would get drafted in fact a lot of draft scouts are starting to notice him even more lately
205? The guy weighed 198 last week...

Advertisement
205? The guy weighed 198 last week...
No he Didn’t and I’m sure you are referring to that transformation post but you missing a key detail that said in March 2018 he was 198. 3 months and some change has passed since then and he is now 5’11 205

Homer had the 4th highest Sparq score in the entire country as a HS Senior (and remember he's young for his class). Around a 127 (Tyrique was just a 131, Sanguinetti was a 78)

Kid ran a laser 4.48 40, so he's probably even faster now.

Average athlete? GTFO. Homer is probably the best athlete on the entire team. Seriously, how did you not know this? Homer isn't out there destroying people on ST because he's average.

No he Didn’t and I’m sure you are referring to that transformation post but you missing a key detail that said in March 2018 he was 198. 3 months and some change has passed since then and he is now 5’11 205
So you’re guessing he’s 205? That’s sure a brock thing to do.

So you’re guessing he’s 205? That’s sure a brock thing to do.
It’s on the updated roster...
00D3B95F-C89F-4F28-BF5F-F50110E23948.jpeg

Advertisement
Back