So now that there will be no sanctions......

Advertisement
we have some uniformed posters here. i don't think we can just take 25 and offer everyone. at this late in the game, we can do a little math and come close with who has left (srs and transfers and dismissals) and know where we are at how many we can take.
al's head isn't spinning w/ how many he can take. he probably can't take any more than he was already taking. jeez.
and let's relax until we know for sure what, exactly, this means.
at best it's time served and no loss of ships (players suspended, money paid back, 3 postseason bowl ban).
but, i'm cautiously optimistic. i think we need to relax and realize this probably doesn't change much recruiting wise.
i don't think we are missing out on too many guys we want b/c of the sanctions. i don't think anyone who isn't already on the radar is going to call and say they want to come out of the blue.

Advertisement
we have some uniformed posters here. i don't think we can just take 25 and offer everyone. at this late in the game, we can do a little math and come close with who has left (srs and transfers and dismissals) and know where we are at how many we can take.
al's head isn't spinning w/ how many he can take. he probably can't take any more than he was already taking. jeez.
at best it's time served and no loss of ships (players suspended, money paid back, 3 postseason bowl ban).
but, i'm cautiously optimistic. i think we need to relax and realize this probably doesn't change much recruiting wise.
i don't think we are missing out on too many guys we want b/c of the sanctions. i don't think anyone who isn't already on the radar is going to call and say they want to come out of the blue.

GTFOOH!

The NCAA is admitting that this whole Miami ordeal is nothing more than a witch hunt. They are having an internal investigation based on our witch hunt???? Miami gets time served. It's a wrap! Any lawyer with any brains whatsoever busts this case all to ****.

It's time to recruit and go about business as if this whole ordeal is over. The NCAA would be crazy to try and levy anymore punishment on Miami. They are in full damage control right now trying to salvage what little credibility they have left.

That's not what 5X is saying (I don't think.) Basically, it's that we ALWAYS had only 17-20 spots this year, even if we wanted to top out our roster at 85. I assume this new info does nothing to "open up" any new spots, but it DOES give Golden some nice ammo against any negative recruiting in the next two weeks...

That's not what 5X is saying (I don't think.) Basically, it's that we ALWAYS had only 17-20 spots this year, even if we wanted to top out our roster at 85. I assume this new info does nothing to "open up" any new spots, but it DOES give Golden some nice ammo against any negative recruiting in the next two weeks...

Not true... You will see kids be shown the door. Attrition is a ****.

ghost, yes on the recruiting front. do we actually have 25? i didn't think we did either way. not a numbers guy and if someone says we can sign 25 and be at 85, great.
as far as sanctions go, let's see how much of testimony is going to be thrown out. i'm hoping for time served, but, wouldn't be suprised w/ like 9 ships lost over 3 years or something like that, no more bowl bans.
i think people here tend to overreact.
and i agree this has stunk like a witch hunt for the last 6 months or so.

Advertisement

I disagree to some extent. You don't think this can open 1 or 2 spots in a best case scenario? Maybe instead of being Coley or bust now at WR we can take Cunningham and hope for Coley. Idk, I can see some options open up for kids that we had on our radar but couldn't find room for.

I know we don't all of a sudden have an extra 6-7 schollies here.

UM doesn't really show kids the door. this isn't alabama. kids who keep their nose clean and go to class and put effort in on the fb field don't get shown the door. the semester is starting. between now and signing day, who is going to be shown the door? that is asinine.

Its over. Time for recruits and everyone to realize its over. Ncaa aint got ****. We served our punishment aint **** else left for the ncaa to do. The coaches are still gonna get hammered. But we are done.

Lets finish this class strong coach.

**** fsu
**** UF
**** the ncaa

We back

Advertisement
how do you just find room for them? you still can't have more than 85 to start the season.
wr isn't a need position and cunningham offers nothing over anyone on the roster. next year is loaded.
where do you just find 1 or 2 more spots?

how do you just find room for them? you still can't have more than 85 to start the season.
wr isn't a need position and cunningham offers nothing over anyone on the roster. next year is loaded.
where do you just find 1 or 2 more spots?

Hasn't Golden wanted to stay under the limit for sanctions? I believe it has been posted a few times that we weren't intending to be at 85 this year.

ghost, yes on the recruiting front. do we actually have 25? i didn't think we did either way. not a numbers guy and if someone says we can sign 25 and be at 85, great.
as far as sanctions go, let's see how much of testimony is going to be thrown out. i'm hoping for time served, but, wouldn't be suprised w/ like 9 ships lost over 3 years or something like that, no more bowl bans.
i think people here tend to overreact.
and i agree this has stunk like a witch hunt for the last 6 months or so.

Again, the NCAA just admitted the entire Miami investigation was a witch hunt. Miami has self imposed 3 post seasons games and has cooperated fully during the entire process. Now's the time that Miami will show it's teeth and go on the offensive. This whole charade has taken long enough. The NCAA will get rocked if it decides to further punish Miami.

Miami can sign 25 recruits this year. IF ballers want to sign then you will see kids be asked to seek shelter elsewhere. Golden will continue to "weed his garden" until the entire roster is producing high quality fruit.

Advertisement
if we are at 64 which seems to be a number someone quoted, that gives us 21.
i dont know. i doubt it changes much recruiting wise. i think golden always wants to be a few under the 85 for other reasons.

miami and golden won't show kids the door for no reason. you are assuming they will be shown the door in the next 2 weeks. maybe in the summer some kids will transfer and some will told they don't have a future playing much and encouraged to transfer. UM doesn't show kids who are in good standing and don't yet have their degree the door.
the ncaa has not admitted the whole investigation was a witch hunt. not even close.

Got dam there always has to be 1 debbie downer.

Get your head out of the sand and be optimistic, pessimism is feminine.

i said i'm cautiously optimistic we are hit with time served but wouldn't be shocked or upset w/ like 9 ships over 3 years.
to sit here and say we got off free is kinda silly at this point. until we hear how much will be thrown out. you want to go around jerking each other off, go ahead.

Advertisement
Back