So many people @ me this morning so I felt it deserved a thread.

Loose Cannon

Junior
My thoughts pasted from another post:

I never said Rosier was good or accurate. All I ever said was that our team was deficient in more areas than one position. We can’t run block, we can’t pass block, we can’t defend the middle of the field, we can’t contain average rushing teams, we can’t generate any sort of return game, we can’t punt the ball across midfield, we go for too many big hits as opposed to secure tackles, and we commit stupid penalties.

All of these deficiencies were on display last night, and I don’t think changing on thing fixes it. I think our o-line looked like they didn’t know what they were doing. We had too many defenders running free while linemen were standing around looking for who they’re supposed to be blocking. I don’t think it really matters who the QB is. When defenders are coming unblocked and living in our backfield, he’s going to become a one read and go QB. When our line is consistently being pushed into the laps of our running backs, we’re going to stay in predictable 3rd and long situations.

Rosier is not good enough to overcome these deficiencies, and nobody else on the team is either. Constant ****ing and moaning about us not having an elite QB who can overcome such things is pointless. We don’t have that guy. We have a team that is talented enough that we should be able to be successful with an average QB who can simply manage the game-whether it be inaccurate Rosier, or one of the young guys in a striped down offense has never mattered to me.

We’re not playing up to the level of our talent at every position, in all phases of the game. We don’t have an option at QB who can overcome that garbage effort we fielded last night.

We only managed 83 yards rushing on 34 attempts. Rosier was sacked 4 times, hurried 5 more times, and there were at least 8 or 10 plays that would have been sacks if not for Rosier either throwing it away or using his legs to get back to at least the line of scrimmage. He wasn’t holding the ball excessively long. He missed some throws and made some throws. He made some good decisions and some bad decisions. But he was one of the few players on the field last night, along with Thomas and Dallas and Hightower, who were playing up to their maximum ability. Those 4 are the only players who I saw who were giving their best effort.

Rosier’s best just simply isn’t good enough when we play that poorly all around. I don’t recall anyone ever trying to argue differently. Our other QBs may have a higher ceiling, I don’t think it would have mattered last night, but it’s telling when the Head Coach has to say publicly that he feels like he wants them to be great more than they want themselves to be great. Things like that is why I’ve maintained that Rosier would be the starter.

Maybe over the next few weeks the light finally comes on for one of the younger guys and they step up and earn the job. I’m all for it. I’ve said all along that we need better QB play and I don’t care who delivers it. But as long as our o-line is standing around looking like fools blocking nobody, it ain’t going to matter. 3 or 4 more competitions ain’t getting us a W last night.

Advertisement
"He missed some throws and made some throws". The throws "he made" were great ******* catches. The "throws he made" were worthy of ESPN Top Ten because of the **** catch that was made. Rosier repeatedly was saved last night by catches that were simply amazing.

The throws "he missed" were wide open TE streaking down the seam, a wide open TE corner route, a wide open JT crossing route and etc. Did you watch the ******* game or are you a complete ******* idiot. Which one?

I think you have to at least put the young guys out there. We don’t know what they’ll do on the big stage, at some point you have to find out.

Advertisement
We can’t run block, we can’t pass block, we can’t defend the middle of the field, we can’t contain average rushing teams, we can’t generate any sort of return game, we can’t punt the ball across midfield, we go for too many big hits as opposed to secure tackles, and we commit stupid penalties.

All truths

Advertisement
"He missed some throws and made some throws". The throws "he made" were great ******* catches. The "throws he made" were worthy of ESPN Top Ten because of the **** catch that was made. Rosier repeatedly was saved last night by catches that were simply amazing.

The throws "he missed" were wide open TE streaking down the seam, a wide open TE corner route, a wide open JT crossing route and etc.

This.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone needs to "step up and earn the job". After last night, Rosier flat out lost it. Period. There is no more competition, he played so **** bad he should be stripped of the starting job.

LOL LOL no one should ever listen to you when it comes to anything football related. I figured you would pull the "I never said Rosier was good" line LOL. This is what happens when someone talks a bunch of **** and ends up being completely wrong. They always try to backtrack and hedge on their previous opinions. What happened to your score prediction of the game? You said Rosier would have a big game statistically and UM would blow LSU out. You don't know **** so please stop acting like you do. At this point, you aren't fooling anybody.

Advertisement
Man shut your stankin *** up. Dude was missing wide open wrs by 500 feet.
And he was sacked, hurried, or escaped a sack by running or throwing it away on over half of his drop backs.

I seem to remember Chaison getting a free shot on him, then on the next two plays he dropped a 50 yard dime to Thomas and a 32 yard back shoulder TD to Hightower.

Rosier is not good. I don’t know how much more clear I need to be.

But we ******* sucked in all phases of the game last night. Y’all want to ignore that and pretend we have some elite difference maker on the bench that the HC simply refuses to play? Fine.

No QB we have is going to be effective with a dog shlt O-line, and we can’t run the ball to take some heat off.

Searles’s *** needs to be in Richts office the moment the plane lands.

Lol there's no way I'm reading a novel from your *** after the nonsense you spewed all spring and summer. You were dead wrong now hold your giant L and take it.

Advertisement
Back