so IT IS Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium (vs Rutgers) Mega Merge Bowl thread

I’m in Ohio and never been to NYC in my life. Haven’t been able to see the canes yet this year

This might not be well received by many, but it’s a guaranteed win and a chance for me to see the canes so WOO
Excited for you to get to see the lads live, but if Jacurri isn’t significantly improved from the spring/fall, this is far from a guaranteed win.

Ideal matchup though for sure, especially for us defensively.

Advertisement
Excited for you to get to see the lads live, but if Jacurri isn’t significantly improved from the spring/fall, this is far from a guaranteed win.

Im all for the fair questions and criticism but Iowa beat this Rutgers team by 22

We will run the ball a lot I’m certain but I expect a win and every other canes fan should. No way the spread is less than 14

No you are wrong. What recruit next year is going to care about a irrelevant bowl where nobody even knows what key guys will play or not
Do you not realize Miami is the laughing stock of the CFB world? People who don’t root for this program think it is a complete joke. If we lose it’s another thing they (media, high school coaches, family and friends of recruits, other cfb coaches) can use to negatively recruit against Miami.

“Why would you go to Miami, they can’t even beat Rutgers”

Many coaches have discussed and commented how important bowl season is for building positive momentum and can be harnessed to help recruit the following years class.

I don’t understand why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

This is the first step in rewriting the book on Miami that has plagued this program for the past 20 years.

Do you think Mario holds the same sentiment you do or do you think he’s going to do everything he can to win this game and end the year on a high note?

Im all for the fair questions and criticism but Iowa beat this Rutgers team by 22

We will run the ball a lot I’m certain but I expect a win and every other canes fan should. No way the spread is less than 14
I’m refreshing the lines as we speak, I’m expecting -8.5/-9. No TVD, no Cohen, maybe no Lee, probably no LT/Kam/James. 6 starters and the clock will constantly be moving. Might be 4 possessions per half for each team

Advertisement
Do you not realize Miami is the laughing stock of the CFB world? People who don’t root for this program think it is a complete joke. If we lose it’s another thing they (media, high school coaches, family and friends of recruits, other cfb coaches) can use to negatively recruit against Miami.

Many coaches have discussed and commented how important bowl season is for building positive momentum and can be harnessed to help recruit the following years class.

This is the first step in rewriting the book on Miami that has plagued this program for the past 20 years.

Do you think Mario holds the same sentiment you do or do you think he’s going to do everything he can to win this game and end the year on a high note?
Dude we are 7-5 and lost to GT who isn’t even bowl eligible in an embarrassing fashion and still got a top 5 class. Lol you really trying to hard

Advertisement
Dude we are 7-5 and lost to GT who isn’t even bowl eligible and still got a top 5 class. Lol you really trying to hard
At some point you have to show it on the field.

Do you think we will have another top 7 class is Mario wins 7 games again next year.

Look at what happened to Texas A & M class ranks this year and last year when they didn’t show it. Kids stopped committing at the same rate.

Kids are committing because they’re buying into Mario’s vision and plan for the program. 2025 kids need to see it and it starts with a bowl win.

Now I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. G tech is playing in a bowl.

Get hold of yourself man.. you've been bleeding all **** day.

Advertisement
Another bowl watching our boys with those seater heaters and mittens freezing on the sidelines while the other team is running around in short sleeves.

Have we ever won a cold bow game? Heck, how many bowl wins do we have in 20 years?

Go Canes!

At some point you have to show it on the field.

Do you think we will have another top 7 class is Mario wins 7 games again next year.

Look at what happened to Texas A & M class ranks this year and last year when they didn’t show it. Kids stopped committing at the same rate.

Kids are committing because they’re buying into Mario’s vision and plan for the program. 2025 kids need to see it and it starts with a bowl win.

Now I know you don’t know what you’re talking about. G tech is playing in a bowl.
Not worried about recruiting and you shouldn’t either

Advertisement
Another bowl watching our boys with those seater heaters and mittens freezing on the sidelines while the other team is running around in short sleeves.

Have we ever won a cold bow game? Heck, how many bowl wins do we have in 20 years?

Go Canes!
Using or not using the heaters isn’t going to effect if we win the game

Will Citizen play? Or Zion?
I doubt either play

It is not a guaranteed win.. Rutgers isn't good but they're not terrible. If Jacurri can't complete passes it'll be a dogfight. Schiano is no dope. He'll make Jacurri throw.

Advertisement
Back