so IT IS Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium (vs Rutgers) Mega Merge Bowl thread

There were thousands of Miami fans that sat in the rain at the Temple game. Miami actually had the home field advantage. I was at the Wisconsin game at the last Pinstripe Bowl and Miami also had the advantage. There are a lot of Canes fans up here. If you’re buying tickets go for the Main 200 sec you can’t see from the field level. Sec 207,08,09 would be your best bet. Season Ticket holders can purchase them now pricing is the same minus the Ticketmaster fees

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another bowl watching our boys with those seater heaters and mittens freezing on the sidelines while the other team is running around in short sleeves.

Have we ever won a cold bow game? Heck, how many bowl wins do we have in 20 years?

Go Canes!
Was there for the last pinstripe game and cold wasn’t the problem.

To answer your question—Boise, Id.

Advertisement
I’m refreshing the lines as we speak, I’m expecting -8.5/-9. No TVD, no Cohen, maybe no Lee, probably no LT/Kam/James. 6 starters and the clock will constantly be moving. Might be 4 possessions per half for each team
You’re right, we are 1.5 pt favorites which is a joke

It’ll move but even if it doesn’t, we’ll win

You’re right, we are 1.5 pt favorites which is a joke

It’ll move but even if it doesn’t, we’ll win
Wait what lol, what book

Edit, I see FD but it’s not popping up in the app. **** that’s a lot lower than I perceived, thought at worst -4.5/5

Advertisement
Im all for the fair questions and criticism but Iowa beat this Rutgers team by 22

We will run the ball a lot I’m certain but I expect a win and every other canes fan should. No way the spread is less than 14
3rd string QB.
Starting safeties, RG out for sure.
Best DT out for sure.

I don't know what universe we should be favored by 14 in. That's insanity.

Will feel like a home game for Buttgers unless the NY alums of UM show up in droves.
We play Temple and Buttgers in the same season for the first time since 2003.
Despite the afternoon kickoff the 2nd half will be played under the lights.
The players can visit the Freedom thing downtown and see the Statue of Liberty.
Winning would make a nice consolation prize for such a disappointing season.

Advertisement
I can’t take how dumb the majority of this fan base is.

I see why a lot of people have stopped posting.
Brother, ignore all that and just focus on one of our most bitter rivals is having a very bad day. Some days you just take what you can and worry about the rest later. **** near offseason and you know we'll win that.

Advertisement
Mario walking into the Kingdom of Pizon.

MV5BOTkwMDY4ZDYtMTI4NC00MDI1LWExZGUtMGUwNGVmNDAyYzA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

To see su hermano King Schiano.

thumb_E871CF8C-ACB2-4FF9-BF04-4E9010E8EE87.jpg

Do you not realize Miami is the laughing stock of the CFB world? People who don’t root for this program think it is a complete joke. If we lose it’s another thing they (media, high school coaches, family and friends of recruits, other cfb coaches) can use to negatively recruit against Miami.

“Why would you go to Miami, they can’t even beat Rutgers”

Many coaches have discussed and commented how important bowl season is for building positive momentum and can be harnessed to help recruit the following years class.

I don’t understand why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

This is the first step in rewriting the book on Miami that has plagued this program for the past 20 years.

Do you think Mario holds the same sentiment you do or do you think he’s going to do everything he can to win this game and end the year on a high note?
5 years ago....maybe. This is 2023. Miami will have a significant portion of its team going to the portal. Rutgers may as well for all that I know.

What happens about a week before the game on ESD will tell us FAR more about where this program is heading than the result of a bowl game on 12/28.

You have to be relevant to be a laughingstock. No one gives a crap what happens to Miami in this game other than Miami and Rutgers fans. Everyone else will have the highlights on as background noise as they're packing up their Christmas decorations. Rewriting the book on what has plagued Miami is getting the players in here on signing day and when given the chance during the season, finally winning these big games. The Canes made progress this season whether a lot of people realize here or not, but there is obviously still a way to go and to get there will require improved player quality, depth, and solid QB play.

Of course Mario is going to do everything he can to win this game. It's his job. He should be doing all he can to win ALL the games.

Advertisement
Back