so IT IS Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium (vs Rutgers) Mega Merge Bowl thread

Advertisement
Weather is awful here right now but clearing

Lets just hope the Yankee Stadium field is ok

Its not exactly a great football field

I hope Miami escapes today healthy
Yea I hope this game has no injuries for either side. It’s a meaning exhibition at this point

What I want out of the game:
1. To win ofc (need program momentum) that’s obvious
2. To see how Dawson can adapt the offense to a Mobile QB/ worse pure passer in Brown
3. See how Richard & Brown Sr perform under assumption they get more PT
4. See how the young receivers play in their expanded role with Young and Smith out.
5. Maybe see some special teams shenanigans like onside kick, it’s bowl season, get funky.
I don’t want anything wacky or crazy, for once I’d be ok with Mario’s cave man football just stay healthy win and go home .

Advertisement
I think it’s a decent measuring stick. Is the staff good enough to beat Rutgers with the talent we have? Good question. I do expect us to play hard and physical. We have lost the majority of the bowl games over the last 15 years because we were pushed around. I’d be surprised if that happens tomorrow.
It usually highlights our coaching deficiencies as well. When we get extra time off and other teams do as well we usually come out looking like a disadvantage

It usually highlights our coaching deficiencies as well. When we get extra time off and other teams do as well we usually come out looking like a disadvantage

Normally I would agree here, but in this game, we know exactly what we are getting with Rutgers, and I am confident our D will be ready for their offense with Guidry. On the other side, they have no idea what to expect from our offense and Dawson with Jacurri at the helm. Perfect chance for us to come out and punch them in the mouth and never look back. We have recruiting momentum, time to build more for portal and next year!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Normally I would agree here, but in this game, we know exactly what we are getting with Rutgers, and I am confident our D will be ready for their offense with Guidry. On the other side, they have no idea what to expect from our offense and Dawson with Jacurri at the helm. Perfect chance for us to come out and punch them in the mouth and never look back. We have recruiting momentum, time to build more for portal and next year!
Oh no doubt I was more referring to coaching staffs in the past where our coaching deficiencies were amplified when teams had longer preparation times

Advertisement
Back