so IT IS Pinstripe Bowl Yankee Stadium (vs Rutgers) Mega Merge Bowl thread

Advertisement
I’ll be there. This will be my third Pinstripe bowl I’ve been to (second with Miami playing). If you got field level it’s hard to see the field you’re better off going in the 200 sec if you can find an empty seat. It’s going to rain all night but will be clear during the game. Field will be muddy since a big storm rolled through last week with tons of rain. They play soccer on this field for the NYC FC home games so they have a good handle on having players running around on the grass.

Advertisement
agree!! I'm expecting a real ugly game
Facts to many opt outs in todays game to take anything away from this game especially with our qb situation. Just want to evaluate the young talent. Oklahoma state thinks they playing against this seasons TAMU, but it’s not even the same team everyone’s gone

I think it’s a decent measuring stick. Is the staff good enough to beat Rutgers with the talent we have? Good question. I do expect us to play hard and physical. We have lost the majority of the bowl games over the last 15 years because we were pushed around. I’d be surprised if that happens tomorrow.

I actually expect us to play well on defense. Yes, Williams and Kinchens are gone. No disrespect here but Kam didn't have his best season this year. When he was hurt I thought we were okay. Williams was very good most of the year - very few stupid penalties and played tough. He will be missed. LT is probably the biggest loss on defense this game but we have some good players inside especially Branson Deen. We will miss Flagg who was exceptional this year. But there is a ton of talent behind him. More concerned about the O. Even without Lee and Cohen, there are studs in the backup positions. They may not do as well in passing situations but I don't think anything other than short passes will be part of the game plan. Fletcher, Parrish, Allen and a little Chris Johnson and Trevonte Citizen could really shine tomorrow. I like our chances to win and maybe even to win big.

Advertisement
Rutgers fans believe they’ll win because only a couple of their guys are skipping and they believe Schiano plans bowl games well.

We still have the majority of our starters and especially two deep playing. And i think our backups are better than their starters. JB will play well enough to win, or at least to not lose. They are very one dimensional, can’t really pass the ball. So worst case if Brown is still struggling as a passer it’s our run OL v their Run defense and the reverse. Even in that circumstance, I take the matchups.

Rutgers fans believe they’ll win because only a couple of their guys are skipping and they believe Schiano plans bowl games well.

We still have the majority of our starters and especially two deep playing. And i think our backups are better than their starters. JB will play well enough to win, or at least to not lose. They are very one dimensional, can’t really pass the ball. So worst case if Brown is still struggling as a passer it’s our run OL v their Run defense and the reverse. Even in that circumstance, I take the matchups.
Yes just even looking at our captains. We have some key players who this is their last college game. I don't think we lay down.

What I want out of the game:
1. To win ofc (need program momentum) that’s obvious
2. To see how Dawson can adapt the offense to a Mobile QB/ worse pure passer in Brown
3. See how Richard & Brown Sr perform under assumption they get more PT
4. See how the young receivers play in their expanded role with Young and Smith out.
5. Maybe see some special teams shenanigans like onside kick, it’s bowl season, get funky.

Advertisement
Facts to many opt outs in todays game to take anything away from this game especially with our qb situation. Just want to evaluate the young talent. Oklahoma state thinks they playing against this seasons TAMU, but it’s not even the same team everyone’s gone

Texas A&M was down to there 3rd string QB (who didn't play bad btw) and Shemar Stewart was the only starting DL left. It was just a different team. North Carolina had nobody left. In good news the backup QB over at USC killed it last night

Texas A&M was down to there 3rd string QB (who didn't play bad btw) and Shemar Stewart was the only starting DL left. It was just a different team. North Carolina had nobody left. In good news the backup QB over at USC killed it last night
supposedly TAMU had only 55 scholarship players last night..

Advertisement
I like our chances today. I don't think losing Kitchens and Williams are a big loss. Time for the younger players to show their stuff. We have players waiting in the wings ready to shine. We have athletes on offensive and I hope Lawson lets them play. Pray that Mario doesn'r have a few brain farts while coaching this game. Let's see what happens and I pray Jacurri shows us all something on the gridiron this afternoon.

Advertisement
Back