So, is Manny right?

Advertisement
Stupid, immature thing to write. His job is to cover the news and team - not make it. If he's bored, go get another job.

Stupid, immature thing to write. His job is to cover the news and team - not make it. If he's bored, go get another job.

I have nothing against the guy but this is absurd. I can assure you nobody is content with that record. the way this town is they need the team to perform better or they can start playing our games in traz powell because people will not come to games. you don't hang around and maintain mediocrity. eventually we will decline even more and end up at the bottom. if you aren't always improving in college football (or business or life in general) you are declining.

Talk radio was killing Golden this morning. The lack of a Dolphins game meant that all eyes were on the Georgia Tech disaster.

Advertisement
IDK about ya'll, but I might find another "thing" to fill this space in my heart. I give the administration this off-season as proof he is ill-fitted to accomplish success on the field here. If no changes are made, **** it. Still kinda have B-ball and baseball, and we will become a fan base that gets a solid 10 win season every 6 years, maybe. We will be waxed poetically about on ESPN Classic, referred to as "sleeping giant", and fall forever into the abyss of mediocrity that we linger over as I type.

Maybe I'll get into wood-working or being a good parent. PTA and all that ****....Or I can build cars. That might be fun.

Either way...Seems like change is never going to come and the facts show we had an epic championship run in spite of the support from the administration here. I don't think the way college football has changed, that we can ever do it again.

**** everything I love the U. Needed to vent.

If Golden finishes 7-5 or worse (how could he not at this point) and he isn't fired, Manny is right. They really don't care about fielding a competitive program anymore.

Just graduate players, keep them out of trouble -- Golden can't even do that -- and collect our slice of the ACC pie. Winning isn't important anymore if he's kept on.

I asked a member of the media yesterday the following: 1) % both
Al and D'Nofrio are here next year; 2) % Al is here and D'Nofrio is gone; 3) % both Al and D'Nofrio are gone. This is the response I got...

1) 50%
2) 50%
3) 0%

Depressing.

Advertisement
If Golden finishes 7-5 or worse (how could he not at this point) and he isn't fired, Manny is right. They really don't care about fielding a competitive program anymore.

Just graduate players, keep them out of trouble -- Golden can't even do that -- and collect our slice of the ACC pie. Winning isn't important anymore if he's kept on.

unfortunately I don't think it is as simple as that with the kind of money involved in buying him out. I am not saying the numbers in the other thread are factual but you know it isn't going to be cheap to get him out of here.

^ of course, it's a premature question because there is a lot of football to be played. But the point is, this media member didn't think there was any chance Al would be gone.

I don't know if it's true, but I'm glad he published it. More pressure on UM in public is the best thing for UM fans.

Don't forget that UM is a blatantly racist institution if it continues to employ this white loser, who embarrassed the university by disappearing and begging ped state to hire him, after it fired a black man, who was a local hero and UM man and who put a better product on the field.

Shannon didn't make it through year 4. Why should the white man who is fielding an inferior product?

Where is Al Sharpton? Can't Luke get him down here stat?!

"George Bush doesn't care about Black People"......."The University of Miami doesn't care about Football"

~lulz Manny is doing his best Kanye impression

Advertisement

If this really is their thought process it is incredibly stupid. It assumes that these things are mutually exclusive.

I truly believe our ADMIN + President are just stupid and not capable of making proper decisions for sports.

Advertisement
So far they have shown to be ignorant in making coaching hires and extensions but they have also been willing to fire guys despite the extension. I guess we will see after the season because 6-6 is about where we will finish.

F/A/G will not be here next year. no ******* chance. he has checked out already. he wants to leave.

He's not right. They fired coker after 60 wins and 2 title games. They fired randy shannon (one of their own) after 4 seasons. Golden will be fired. He's done. However, what they might not care about is spending the money to hire the right person. That's where they are lazy and we may never get out of this cycle. Unless we get lucky.

Advertisement
Back