So is Gibson choosing Ohio State tomorrow?

We need him because he is an elite athlete from our backyard.

but he doesn't belong here. you can't force a round peg in a square hole. its a no brainer for him if he wants to play QB to go to play in that type of system. we don't run that offense and we have kaaya. why would he want to come here.

He would come here if he wants to not just make it to the next level but get drafted high. Playing QB at OSU will get him to the NFL as an athlete, but play WR at the U will get him drafted 1st day.

Probably true but the kid wants a crack at qb. I think he gets a better shot at osu than here.

Of course he does. He'd be required to do more here to play QB and god forbid we require kids to actually master a skill.

Can't blame the kid if his heart is set on playing QB at the next level. I wouldn't want to compete with Kaya either.

TURNING DOWN CANES

On the hometown Hurricanes, Gibson said UM offensive coordinator James Coley wrote to him on Twitter “every day” saying, ‘We can do this with you. We can do that with you.’

“Him staying in contact means a lot.”

But Gibson had concerns about UM’s offense as a whole and playing behind quarterback Brad Kaaya, who is currently leading the Atlantic Coast Conference with 20 touchdowns as a true freshman.

“[Kaaya is] doing well,” Gibson said. “[UM runs a] pro-set offense. My style is really spread, attack, in the shotgun. I have no problem getting under center every once in a while. Standing under there is really uncomfortable.

“Ohio State’s system fits me way better.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-recruiting/article3539939.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's the kid showing how much Coley's contact meant to him:
1ae57cbd4353981f11599e9af10a7215.gif

So this kid said playing under center is uncomfortable... good luck trying to play in the league kid

Advertisement
quarterback is the least of our worries with kaaya/lawson/allison

Elite player from our backyard, we should want. Kid is a stud athlete who we've been recruiting since 8th grade...we need him.

why "need"?

but he doesn't belong here. you can't force a round peg in a square hole. its a no brainer for him if he wants to play QB to go to play in that type of system. we don't run that offense and we have kaaya. why would he want to come here.

Bottom line is it is another elite athlete going somewhere else. It's a shame that we've recruited this kid since the 8th grade because clearly the staff wanted him in the class and apart of the program.

Advertisement
View attachment 26954

He just wants some attention. Good luck in Ohio...

Ricquan Southward and Johnny Dixon welcomes you. Oh wait Ricquan is at Western Arizona now... Dixon is out for the year with knee surgery. Maybe Gibson can play 2 positions and help fill that FL WR role for Urban along with duel threat QB.

View attachment 26954

Disrespecting your home town, smh.

I don't wanna sound like a "jilted girlfriend" because he didn't pick Miami but **** that's disrespectful. Even if he threw Ohio State's hat and then put The U on I still wouldn't like it. Have some respect for a school to even give you the opportunity for a free education.

Elite player from our backyard, we should want. Kid is a stud athlete who we've been recruiting since 8th grade...we need him.

why "need"?

Bottom line is it is another elite athlete going somewhere else. It's a shame that we've recruited this kid since the 8th grade because clearly the staff wanted him in the class and apart of the program.

We recruit a lot of elite athletes who played QB in high school, but there is nothing you can do when the kid is set on playing QB and does not fit into your system. We don't need another body to warm the bench for Kaaya.

Advertisement
We recruit a lot of elite athletes who played QB in high school, but there is nothing you can do when the kid is set on playing QB and does not fit into your system. We don't need another body to warm the bench for Kaaya.

Some thoughts:

1. I don't expect to get them all (elite SF athletes) but I expect more. This is one I wanted, not that my opinion or your opinion matters. I wanted him to come in at QB, either do really well and stay there (in waiting) or realize he should play something else and utilize him at that position. But it doesn't matter what I want.
This is an elite athlete from SF and he is going somewhere else.

2. We've recruiting him since the 8th grade, so clearly the staff wanted him.

3. It's called depth, you need QBs warming the bench in waiting. Hence BRAD KAAYA is the starter, there was no depth. I'm not knocking Kaaya and he is the best of the bunch but you need depth.

4. Great coaches ADAPT to the elite athletes. It isn't the other way around. So congrats to Urban for taking an elite athlete out of our backyard. I'm sure he will make use of him.

View attachment 26954

Disrespecting your home town, smh.

I don't wanna sound like a "jilted girlfriend" because he didn't pick Miami but **** that's disrespectful. Even if he threw Ohio State's hat and then put The U on I still wouldn't like it. Have some respect for a school to even give you the opportunity for a free education.

Yeah he just ****ed me off big time with that ****. **** him and ohio state's sorry ***.

Advertisement
He is making a bad mistake and losing lots of money because of it. He has a way better shot at qb at taint but that's not where he will be playing on Sundays. No chance. He needs to learn his craft now be it receiver secondary or anywhere else

He is making a bad mistake and losing lots of money because of it. He has a way better shot at qb at taint but that's not where he will be playing on Sundays. No chance. He needs to learn his craft now be it receiver secondary or anywhere else

You think Urban cares about his future?
WEB_UFArrests070913_750x500_11099502_8col.jpg

Advertisement
Back