So I'm hearing K. Clark not living up to his hype

Advertisement
No Thanks. This reaks of a kid that will be bust. Lazy? No Motor? "A good kid"? No thanks. We already had our Marcus Forston experiment. Dont want to go down that road again. You guys still dont get it. Al isnt at the point where he can take kids (esp at the DT spot) just for the **** of it. FSU can. Not us. We are at a crisis point right now. Let UF have him. We need to find bonafide studs at that spot. The time for babysitting is over.

Clark will be solid. He's a stout, explosive kid who cares about football. Not the freak that he looked like as a young player but not a scrub.

Worst thing to hear about dline or oline is "no motor"

The usual only cure is a nfl pay check (if he even sniffs the nfl)

Advertisement
And to think he was on mine and most other people's "must have" list at the beginning of the year and not Travonte Valentine! Lol! The Gators can have him!

Nobody thought we had a realistic shot at either Valentine or Christmas at the time.......
Valentine's dominance at the all star game, while not surprising, is just like getting a 5 star to announce for you, I posted this months ago but

Chad Thomas-Valentine-Moten is what a starting DL is supposed to look like at Miami.....

Makes me even happier we were able to get the DTs that left there. Moten and TV will be the ones the Gators will most surely regret losing. And they were sooooooo happy to get him while we were ****ed lol those were the days

There's been talk of Clark adding bad weight and being slower than acceptable since BEFORE the Opening last July. He needs to drop some lbs and up his motor to where it was his junior year.

whether Cane or UF, hope he straightens it out. Hate to see a kid with potential lose it. Wish the best for the kids, just hope better for Canes.

Clark will be solid. He's a stout, explosive kid who cares about football. Not the freak that he looked like as a young player but not a scrub.

This. And he played through an injury this whole senior year

Advertisement

This. And he played through an injury this whole senior year

I trust your judgement and D$'s, but if we did take Clark, who would he replace on our commits.

Possibly Jenkins. The staff really liked what they saw from Jenkins at the summer camp, so there is a possibility we would've taken both.

Advertisement
Not for nothing but, UM coaches stopped recruiting K. Clark about 5 weeks before he committed to UF. The UM staff is not interested in him. Quite frankly, I agree with them. He's not an elite talent and he has a sub par motor. We already have Jalani Hamilton on the roster.

Advertisement
So the staff likes EC from heritage over him? Interesting

Ec isn't in the class yet. I love ECs game, but if we add Clark to our current list of commits, I don't think he gets an offer.

Sfbaycane is right though. Valentine and Moten were recruited much harder than Clark. They still wanted him (Clark), but there was others above him on the board.

Not for nothing but, UM coaches stopped recruiting K. Clark about 5 weeks before he committed to UF. The UM staff is not interested in him. Quite frankly, I agree with them. He's not an elite talent and he has a sub par motor. We already have Jalani Hamilton on the roster.

Sub par motor with an all u can eat training table is not a good blend.

I got a funny feeling we might be opening this thread again very soon... Clark's mom wants him here.. Clark's a good kid and with some solid S and C he can be a good 3-4 nose tackle. He's perfect for Golden's 3-4 scheme. Miami has the best DL class in the country already adding him would make up for losing Bryant and Bostwick last year..

Advertisement
Back