So I watched UL vs WKU

@Cribby 100% agree with your take. Hope we limit all the dline stunts. And if we keep playing our cbs 10 yards off the ball its gunna be a long night. I was truly impressed with their speed. They look like the fastest team in CFB
Sooo...wouldn't looking like the fastest team in CFB be a reason for our corners to play off?

Advertisement
you are falling for the banana in tailpipe by confusing an offense that has a lot of misdirection, run action, pocket movements, etc with smoke and mirrors. To me, that’s exactly the type of offense that should worry you when facing an undermanned squad. Satrerfield is a top offensive guy and trust me, there’s purpose to what he’s doing and our defense has always had problems with teams that used a lot of misdirection.

I said I respect saderfield as a coach and have questions about our d. We run an undisciplined scheme especially with the dl and somewhat new lb’s minus mccloud.

I just saw so much of the run action / misdirection that we should be somewhat prepared. They look suspect in the middle too. The o is completely based off it.

If we bite on a lot of it after what I saw in film it would be a very bad look for manny and Blake.

Advertisement
No idea what's going to happen. I don't think Louisville is as good as people think they are, and we're not as bad as people think we are. But I have no idea how good we are either. I still can't trust Diaz until he goes out and strings some good wins and games together. I feel like it's going to be a high-scoring game that could go either way.

I have no feel for the game. Wouldn’t be shocked no matter what happens. Miami win close or big and vice versa. It’s hard to have a feel after one game especially with no practice.

Advertisement
1. Louisville’s ol seems very suspect , a lot of their plays were smoke in mirrors , misdirection or run action. Ways to move the qb outside of the pocket, it looked to me like a lack of confidence in creating a pocket.
2. They have three legit wr’s and a solid rb. Tackling will be huge and keep Hall over the top.
3. The qb looks to be a one read guy, that’s accuracy and decision making looks suspect. He completed two long passes that should’ve been int’d. Horrible reads. He’s a good athlete though , definitely a threat to run.
4. Louisville’s front seven looks super small but quick. They play very aggressive , not just blitzing but come down hill hard on the run action. Maybe it’s because they’re so small in the front seven.
5. The secondary looks very meh, better than last year but it didn’t exactly blow my skirt up.

Imo their aggressiveness on d and playing down hill with the run game makes them vulnerable to play action and the te’s. I could see multiple big plays to the te’s. Once they get hit a couple times that should slow the lb’s down and open the run game up. Just let our ol lay on the smaller front , not let them use their speed. Big plays will be there to be had, especially throwing. I’m almost positive they’ll come in game planning to stop the run and make king beat them from the pocket.

On defense they can expose our aggressiveness as well, especially with our lb’s ( McCloud ). Let the front do their work and stay true to your assignments. Just to my eye I see a big advantage with our dl versus their ol. If we must blitz do it up the a gaps where they look the most vulnerable. No need to be cute.

Lastly their st’s are a **** show and their punter could be retarded. Dude looks lost taking a basic snap. Keep your eye on a big play in the return game or block.
I agree with your assessment. King should have many opportunities early for big plays in the passing game. They are vulnerable to TE so Jordan and Mallory should eat and this would also be a good opportunity for our WR to show what they can do.

Agree with the A gap blitzes if we must blitz. However I fully expect Baker to keep running his super exotic and super retarded long developing delayed blitzes from deep in the secondary while simultaneously leaving a huge gap in the middle of the field as our CBs play a prevent technique. I don't think Baker knows what an A gap blitz is. I'm curious as to how many times our aggressive front 7 will create 3rd and 10 plus and how many of those we will squander by allowing UL to convert.

Advertisement
They are tiny up front and are going to have to commit extra players to contain King so we should have opportunities to gash them bigly in the running game. There is going to be a lot of room for the TEs to feast against them. Look for the RPO that is almost a triple option but with the TE in the flat as the “pitch” option. It’s technically a forward pass but it’s the same concept as the old triple option. It worked for a big gain the one time they ran it against UAB.

On defense, they need to contain the outside zone run. Everything Louisville does is predicated on that working first. They have fast skill guys but they won’t beat you by dropping back and throwing it 40 times. Their underneath passing game relies on getting the defense flowing in one direction through run fakes and throwing back against the grain. Downfield, their QB is inaccurate. Their two biggest plays against WKU (which went for like 100 yards) were terribly thrown balls into coverage that the WKU defenders totally derped. Per wee DBs could have intercepted them. You’re not going to shut this offense down no matter how good your defense is but there are ways to make them beatable and you can turn them over on offense and on special teams (they would kill for Feagles, their punter is so bad).

If King and the offense can get a hot start, they could put this one away early similar to last year. Louisville got their yards but the game was never close. If this game stays close for a while and they don’t force the cardinals to get pass happy, this could be a barn burner.

So basically saying there's no real upside over the next two games for you.
I won't say there's no upside because winning this week will build team morale and we'll start gaining momentum, but I just won't play myself thinking things have really changed for beating a Louisville team we beat the previous year. A year we went 6-7 and loss to LA Tech and FIU during that same year.

Advertisement
The defense gave up 7.75 yards per play last year. It was the worst performance of the entire season by almost a yard and a half.

That's the literal opposite of "done well"
its all in the context of the game and situation , we gave up some big plays in the game, but were in control throughout, that stat is as relevant as Miami finishing top 10 in ypp every year and sucking and not stopping anyone when it mattered most

Advertisement
Back