So I watched UL vs WKU

This is the typical "should win" game we have become incapable of winning over the last several years.

Great early season test to gauge if Manny's offseason National Championship will actually translate into wins when it matters.

Really have no idea what to expect from this team based on it's short and long term history. Praying to Jesus we may actually done what we needed to do to get this ship righted.
Agree, this is a game we need to win to show we can beat a ranked team. This game would give our team a HUGE boost in confidence if they can fight this out and go on home with a W. We will then curb stomp FSWho the following weekend and we rollin' into Clemson with a lot of confidence. That will be helpful.

Advertisement
Sorry Cribby, your hope that Baker won’t get too cute is an epic fail. Get ready for us to be over aggressive with the blitzes and keep McCloud out there to get killed on the cross. It’s inevitable.

That said, I still think King and Co score more points and I agree we pick off a limited Cunningham, who is a great athlete but a predictable passer. And that punter, woof.

Advertisement
DL and LB for UL

1600303500725.png

1. Louisville’s ol seems very suspect , a lot of their plays were smoke in mirrors , misdirection or run action. Ways to move the qb outside of the pocket, it looked to me like a lack of confidence in creating a pocket.
2. They have three legit wr’s and a solid rb. Tackling will be huge and keep Hall over the top.
3. The qb looks to be a one read guy, that’s accuracy and decision making looks suspect. He completed two long passes that should’ve been int’d. Horrible reads. He’s a good athlete though , definitely a threat to run.
4. Louisville’s front seven looks super small but quick. They play very aggressive , not just blitzing but come down hill hard on the run action. Maybe it’s because they’re so small in the front seven.
5. The secondary looks very meh, better than last year but it didn’t exactly blow my skirt up.

Imo their aggressiveness on d and playing down hill with the run game makes them vulnerable to play action and the te’s. I could see multiple big plays to the te’s. Once they get hit a couple times that should slow the lb’s down and open the run game up. Just let our ol lay on the smaller front , not let them use their speed. Big plays will be there to be had, especially throwing. I’m almost positive they’ll come in game planning to stop the run and make king beat them from the pocket.

On defense they can expose our aggressiveness as well, especially with our lb’s ( McCloud ). Let the front do their work and stay true to your assignments. Just to my eye I see a big advantage with our dl versus their ol. If we must blitz do it up the a gaps where they look the most vulnerable. No need to be cute.

Lastly their st’s are a **** show and their punter could be retarded. Dude looks lost taking a basic snap. Keep your eye on a big play in the return game or block.

you are falling for the banana in tailpipe by confusing an offense that has a lot of misdirection, run action, pocket movements, etc with smoke and mirrors. To me, that’s exactly the type of offense that should worry you when facing an undermanned squad. Satrerfield is a top offensive guy and trust me, there’s purpose to what he’s doing and our defense has always had problems with teams that used a lot of misdirection.

Advertisement
This is the typical "should win" game we have become incapable of winning over the last several years.

Great early season test to gauge if Manny's offseason National Championship will actually translate into wins when it matters.

Really have no idea what to expect from this team based on it's short and long term history. Praying to Jesus we may actually done what we needed to do to get this ship righted.
Even if we win, I won't be jumping for joy for beating a team we beat last year 52-27. Handle business this Saturday and the following Saturday against FSU, then you have your prove it game playing against Clemson. Be competitive or even win that game then things are truly different.

+1

you are falling for the banana in tailpipe by confusing an offense that has a lot of misdirection, run action, pocket movements, etc with smoke and mirrors. To me, that’s exactly the type of offense that should worry you when facing an undermanned squad. Satrerfield is a top offensive guy and trust me, there’s purpose to what he’s doing and our defense has always had problems with teams that used a lot of misdirection.
The same way we had a problem with his offense in the past?

Advertisement
Even if we win, I won't be jumping for joy for beating a team we beat last year 52-27. Handle business this Saturday and the following Saturday against FSU, then you have your prove it game playing against Clemson. Be competitive or even win that game then things are truly different.

So basically saying there's no real upside over the next two games for you.

Advertisement
It was Jarren for one and they scored 27. When we played App State they got smakcked in the face. Manny Diaz D at Miami is 2-0 against Satterfield and all of a sudden we are supposed to be scared?

Sorry, you're right. I was thinking Jarren but spit out Kosi for some reaosn. Like I said, career day for the dude.

You are confident with this team going on the road against UL? I know many people here are but I'm not seeing it. I think we win but it's gonna be close.

Advertisement
Back