So I watched UL vs WKU

It was Jarren for one and they scored 27. When we played App State they got smakcked in the face. Manny Diaz D at Miami is 2-0 against Satterfield and all of a sudden we are supposed to be scared?
You don’t have to be scared, that’s up to you. It’s just knowing what to expect or being prepared for an outcome. They put up the second most yards against us since Manny’s been here last year. It was a track meet for them for much of the game. If we don’t score in this game we COULD be in trouble. Louisville’s defense will be improved, because Satterfield historically had top 25 defenses at App St. How much and is it enough? We’ll see

If Miami comes with a C+ performance they can very well take an L. Let’s hope they’re prepared

Advertisement
Sorry, you're right. I was thinking Jarren but spit out Kosi for some reaosn. Like I said, career day for the dude.

You are confident with this team going on the road against UL? I know many people here are but I'm not seeing it. I think we win but it's gonna be close.
I'll agree with you, I haven't been confident since I was 11 years old with this team lol, but I don't understand how Louisville is a juggernaut with an unstoppable offense.

I'll agree with you, I haven't been confident since I was 11 years old with this team lol, but I don't understand how Louisville is a juggernaut with an unstoppable offense.

It's not...that's the point. We struggle against the dregs. UL is a decent dreg.

It's not...that's the point. We struggle against the dregs. UL is a decent dreg.
I understand that part and I agree 100%, but your original point on the comment I replied to was regarding Satterfield and so far we are 2-0 against his offense. That's all I was getting at.

Advertisement
Don't be shortsighted.

they outgained us. Second of all, kosi had a career game that game.
Did you watch the game? It was over by halftime at 35-14. Louisville kept scrapping not to come back, but to keep from being embarrassed. We outgained them on the scoreboard.

Regardless of Jarren, Enos, or anything else, it was an absolute blowout.

Advertisement
Did you watch the game? It was over by halftime at 35-14. Louisville kept scrapping not to come back, but to keep from being embarrassed. We outgained them on the scoreboard.

Regardless of Jarren, Enos, or anything else, it was an absolute blowout.

500 yards of scrapping is impressive.

UL 35
UM 31
afraid the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

Advertisement
Their misdirection and speed will absolutely gash this defense because we don’t play assignment football. Manny’s havoc defense works when you can overwhelm your opponent but I worry it’ll be our undoing against Louisville

No idea what's going to happen. I don't think Louisville is as good as people think they are, and we're not as bad as people think we are. But I have no idea how good we are either. I still can't trust Diaz until he goes out and strings some good wins and games together. I feel like it's going to be a high-scoring game that could go either way.

Advertisement
The most important game of the year in my opinion. It will tell us much about our defense particularly at LB/CB. We just can’t take the L on Saturday.

I think we win scoring lots of points. We run the ball great again and the TEs feast. King A game arrives and we win by plus 14

If we don’t win, we have a HC/DC problem. We shouldn’t lose to a team that we beat with Williams as our QB. Plus it’s a blessing that their 1st round OLman is gone. DL should eat. Get the team ready to play and go beat some ***. Satterfield would LOVE to have Manny’s talent.

Show him why. Again.

Its simple where are games won? It's in the trenches fellas how many impact players can you name from UL o-line and d-line

1. Louisville’s ol seems very suspect , a lot of their plays were smoke in mirrors , misdirection or run action. Ways to move the qb outside of the pocket, it looked to me like a lack of confidence in creating a pocket.
2. They have three legit wr’s and a solid rb. Tackling will be huge and keep Hall over the top.
3. The qb looks to be a one read guy, that’s accuracy and decision making looks suspect. He completed two long passes that should’ve been int’d. Horrible reads. He’s a good athlete though , definitely a threat to run.
4. Louisville’s front seven looks super small but quick. They play very aggressive , not just blitzing but come down hill hard on the run action. Maybe it’s because they’re so small in the front seven.
5. The secondary looks very meh, better than last year but it didn’t exactly blow my skirt up.

Imo their aggressiveness on d and playing down hill with the run game makes them vulnerable to play action and the te’s. I could see multiple big plays to the te’s. Once they get hit a couple times that should slow the lb’s down and open the run game up. Just let our ol lay on the smaller front , not let them use their speed. Big plays will be there to be had, especially throwing. I’m almost positive they’ll come in game planning to stop the run and make king beat them from the pocket.

On defense they can expose our aggressiveness as well, especially with our lb’s ( McCloud ). Let the front do their work and stay true to your assignments. Just to my eye I see a big advantage with our dl versus their ol. If we must blitz do it up the a gaps where they look the most vulnerable. No need to be cute.

Lastly their st’s are a **** show and their punter could be retarded. Dude looks lost taking a basic snap. Keep your eye on a big play in the return game or block.
Blake Baker chuckles at letting our dl only rush. Get ready for the exotic blitzing

Advertisement
Back