So I watched UL vs WKU

Cribby

All-American
Premium
1. Louisville’s ol seems very suspect , a lot of their plays were smoke in mirrors , misdirection or run action. Ways to move the qb outside of the pocket, it looked to me like a lack of confidence in creating a pocket.
2. They have three legit wr’s and a solid rb. Tackling will be huge and keep Hall over the top.
3. The qb looks to be a one read guy, that’s accuracy and decision making looks suspect. He completed two long passes that should’ve been int’d. Horrible reads. He’s a good athlete though , definitely a threat to run.
4. Louisville’s front seven looks super small but quick. They play very aggressive , not just blitzing but come down hill hard on the run action. Maybe it’s because they’re so small in the front seven.
5. The secondary looks very meh, better than last year but it didn’t exactly blow my skirt up.

Imo their aggressiveness on d and playing down hill with the run game makes them vulnerable to play action and the te’s. I could see multiple big plays to the te’s. Once they get hit a couple times that should slow the lb’s down and open the run game up. Just let our ol lay on the smaller front , not let them use their speed. Big plays will be there to be had, especially throwing. I’m almost positive they’ll come in game planning to stop the run and make king beat them from the pocket.

On defense they can expose our aggressiveness as well, especially with our lb’s ( McCloud ). Let the front do their work and stay true to your assignments. Just to my eye I see a big advantage with our dl versus their ol. If we must blitz do it up the a gaps where they look the most vulnerable. No need to be cute.

Lastly their st’s are a **** show and their punter could be retarded. Dude looks lost taking a basic snap. Keep your eye on a big play in the return game or block.

Advertisement
Lm
1. Louisville’s ol seems very suspect , a lot of their plays were smoke in mirrors , misdirection or run action. Ways to move the qb outside of the pocket, it looked to me like a lack of confidence in creating a pocket.
2. They have three legit wr’s and a solid rb. Tackling will be huge and keep Hall over the top.
3. The qb looks to be a one read guy, that’s accuracy and decision making looks suspect. He completed two long passes that should’ve been int’d. Horrible reads. He’s a good athlete though , definitely a threat to run.
4. Louisville’s front seven looks super small but quick. They play very aggressive , not just blitzing but come down hill hard on the run action. Maybe it’s because they’re so small in the front seven.
5. The secondary looks very meh, better than last year but it didn’t exactly blow my skirt up.

Imo their aggressiveness on d and playing down hill with the run game makes them vulnerable to play action and the te’s. I could see multiple big plays to the te’s. Once they get hit a couple times that should slow the lb’s down and open the run game up. Just let our ol lay on the smaller front , not let them use their speed. Big plays will be there to be had, especially throwing. I’m almost positive they’ll come in game planning to stop the run and make king beat them from the pocket.

On defense they can expose our aggressiveness as well, especially with our lb’s ( McCloud ). Let the front do their work and stay true to your assignments. Just to my eye I see a big advantage with our dl versus their ol. If we must blitz do it up the a gaps where they look the most vulnerable. No need to be cute.

Lastly their st’s are a **** show and their punter could be retarded. Dude looks lost taking a basic snap. Keep your eye on a big play in the return game or block.
Lmao on “their punter could be retarded”. Laughed so hard through my face mask.

They run outside zone primarily and bootleg/playaction off of it alot to make the plays look the same, kinda like 49ers.. They have that, a mix of pistol with read stuff like ravens also with misdirection included with tutu..

They have track runners at RB like 9ers also so that outside zone if they get a lane they can crease it like Hall #19 did last year against us. Both #10 and #19 are fassst fast. They got weapons on offense, their oline have new bookend tackles one being Renato Brown (former cane commit) that we should be able to attack, I expect both our DEs to dominate and cause havoc, but they have to be aware of boots too.. Wish we would run odd front for this game (DIaz did some of this when he faced Satterfield @ App st) to take away the boot game from them

Also hope we incorporate heavy RPO game because of that downhill aggressive front 7 leaves alot of room on backend and we burned them ALOT with that last year where EVERYBODY on our terrible offense had a career day

This is the typical "should win" game we have become incapable of winning over the last several years.

Great early season test to gauge if Manny's offseason National Championship will actually translate into wins when it matters.

Really have no idea what to expect from this team based on it's short and long term history. Praying to Jesus we may actually done what we needed to do to get this ship righted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What's the forecast from the Cribbystal ball?

Tbh I had a bad feeling about Saturday before watching. I respect Satterfield and their o. I just need to see more from our defense before I know how good we can be. Schematically I think this is a good matchup but I wouldn’t bet on it. I’ll just say we win. @louisville tends to be tricky for us so I’m not getting ****y.

They run outside zone primarily and bootleg/playaction off of it alot to make the plays look the same, kinda like 49ers.. They have that, a mix of pistol with read stuff like ravens also with misdirection included with tutu..

They have track runners at RB like 9ers also so that outside zone if they get a lane they can crease it like Hall #19 did last year against us. Both #10 and #19 are fassst fast. They got weapons on offense, their oline have new bookend tackles one being Renato Brown (former cane commit) that we should be able to attack, I expect both our DEs to dominate and cause havoc, but they have to be aware of boots too.. Wish we would run odd front for this game (DIaz did some of this when he faced Satterfield @ App st) to take away the boot game from them

Also hope we incorporate heavy RPO game because of that downhill aggressive front 7 leaves alot of room on backend and we burned them ALOT with that last year where EVERYBODY on our terrible offense had a career day

Their interior ol looked weak, Wku bullied them at times inside.

Come Saturday they're getting destroyed

Advertisement

As for the Rpo I think that was our undoing because of the Louisville game , penos leaned on it more and more until defenses exposed it. Sitting on the slants or acting like they were coming down hard then dropping. But yeah , their aggressive with lb’s must be exposed. Just don’t line up and run into it. I’m sure we’ll move the pocket a lot.

Their interior ol looked weak, Wku bullied them at times inside.
Yea they couldnt really establish the run game how they are used to but they hit some big plays in passing game with them getting high risk throws completed. That usually doesnt happen with us and with our Line he shouldnt have that much time.. Atleast thats the plan

Advertisement
Yea they couldnt really establish the run game how they are used to but they hit some big plays in passing game with them getting high risk throws completed. That usually doesnt happen with us and with our Line he shouldnt have that much time.. Atleast thats the plan

That’s why to the eye it looks like a good matchup , our dl versus their ol.

Advertisement
This is the typical "should win" game we have become incapable of winning over the last several years.

Great early season test to gauge if Manny's offseason National Championship will actually translate into wins when it matters.

Really have no idea what to expect from this team based on it's short and long term history. Praying to Jesus we may actually done what we needed to do to get this ship righted.
Lets not foget it is coming after a non-normal week with a few days off

agreed. I think we'll improve from week 1 but the defense remains suspect to me; especially against any scheme that requires discipline.

Williams and enos bombed these guys
I don’t think they’re that much better and I don’t thing we’re any worse
So canes by 2 td easy
Then I can see them laying an egg against FSU

Advertisement
Back