So.. I have friends that are very familiar with Alabama

Boarcane

All ACC
Recruiting and the coaches expectations of incoming freshman. Saben believes that week’s five and six will tell you everything you need to know about a freshman and his team overall. They recruit with the number one question on their list “can he start by week five” if that freshman has to. Well boys we’re here at home for week five. This week should be the real canary in the coal mine. If these 15 starting underclassman and this team looks great this week, it should bode* well for the rest of this season. If we look lost, I guess we’ll all start planning for 2020, because this season is a wrap. “According to the Nick Saben school of football prognosticating.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
SaltyBetterCattle-small.gif

Well Ver, what game last season did you realize your Seminole sucked ***? I’ll guess five? When did you realize your stud RB’s talent was going to be wasted? Game five? It’s tough relating to cognitive thought, isn’t it?
no beef today Boar!, Ive just never heard that. However, If JW balls Saturday I will believe the quote and praise you, if he struggles im calling BS on the quote and will call you out, letting you know now

Advertisement
Recruiting and the coaches expectations of incoming freshman. Saben believes that week’s five and six will tell you everything you need to know about a freshman and his team overall. They recruit with the number one question on their list “can he start by week five” if that freshman has to. Well boys we’re here at home for week five. This week should be the real canary in the coal mine. If these 15 starting underclassman and this team looks great this week, it should bowed well for the rest of this season. If we look lost, I guess we’ll all start planning for 2020, because this season is a wrap. “According to the Nick Saben school of football prognosticating.”
How many freshman really need to start at Alabama? Different story here right now.

So how familiar are your friends with the bag game...? What's a 5* going for these days?
Very... they pay outside agents to scout kids. The number one question is, what game are they projected to start. Reputations of the scouts and the current coaches depend on that eval, as much or more than any other. If a coach isn’t comfortable telling Nick the kid could start game five, than he’s a pass. I guess pretty dam familiar. They do this recruiting round table weekly. Today’s 5*’s are getting between 35,000-100,000 cash up front to handlers and 2500 a month after cash, as long as they are enrolled at the university. The family gets the money. Athletes don’t touch any cash anymore ever fwiw. You’ll notice the highly ranked kids with entourages are less likely to commit early. That’s because they are more difficult to lock down to one trusted adult/decision maker.

Last edited:
How many freshman really need to start at Alabama? Different story here right now.
I think more often than not, none. Doesn’t change the way you evaluate talent. It’s actually a very sound way to say “we’re not here to hope and pray he grows physically or a brain for football. Cuts out all the conjecture.

Advertisement
no beef today Boar!, Ive just never heard that. However, If JW balls Saturday I will believe the quote and praise you, if he struggles im calling BS on the quote and will call you out, letting you know now
If he struggles, it’s a sign that he’s not going to become much better over the course of the season 🤷‍♂️ If the lightbulb goes off for him, it should be this week. I say that and not this or next, because they’re in week 8 by any normal calculation. It’s been a very long four games, because of the uf game being moved up and the by week. I’m hoping... I still think we lose to your noles in tally. Levitt has been a calming force in the locker room and on the field.

Advertisement
What Alabaga and Sabag do is irrelevant here. They’re on a completely different level and have their pick of paid 5 stars every year. We should be more concerned with trying to catch second tier programs like Wisconsin right now.

P. S. LOL at “bowed well.”
Given the recruiting landscape and where we’ve been, I’m convinced that the best way for us to get there is through highly competent coaching. Then either the recruits come or we put ourselves in a position to hire someone as a Phase II guy to get us to that next level.

Advertisement
Lmao

Wtf is this. "Agents to scout kids" couldn't be further from the truth, lol.

What Alabaga and Sabag do is irrelevant here. They’re on a completely different level and have their pick of paid 5 stars every year. We should be more concerned with trying to catch second tier programs like Wisconsin right now.

P. S. LOL at “bowed well.”

Singular laser like focus too

Advertisement
Back