So how does this QB situation play out?

Someone will start and many here will says he sucks. Someone will be back up and many here will say he should start. Tow other things are fairly certain: Rosier starts the LSU game and before this time next year one or two QBs will transfer.

Advertisement
I will be shocked if Williams is the starter against LSU. However, I will be more happy than shocked, but more nervous than happy. Basically, I will be a confused, yet happy nervous wreck.

Majority of our fan base just want anyone but Rosier at QB. It's just hard for me to imagine Richt going against the 5th year senior.

Except if Richt remembers his utter frustrations with Rosier's limitations during the Pitt and Wisconsin games.... remember him almost pull his hair out

Hope he goes with Perry to start the season and let him overcome his jitters...

Follow Richt history with QBs and he doesn’t play guys who are not ready to run a boring offensive scheme. I honestly don’t believe Richt is very knowledgeable and comfortable running RPO! Rosier didn’t run RPO but was effective with qb draw. Perry Weldon and Williams can run RPO but Richt is not comfortable running this system. Why recruit dual threat and then require them to be pocket QBs? RPO progressions: read de to determine if RBs or qb runs; qb can pass if lb comes up; and uptempo attacks LBs and DL fatigue. Nevertheless, QBs must be accurate and great decision maker!

Advertisement
Follow Richt history with QBs and he doesn’t play guys who are not ready to run a boring offensive scheme. I honestly don’t believe Richt is very knowledgeable and comfortable running RPO! Rosier didn’t run RPO but was effective with qb draw. Perry Weldon and Williams can run RPO but Richt is not comfortable running this system. Why recruit dual threat and then require them to be pocket QBs? RPO progressions: read de to determine if RBs or qb runs; qb can pass if lb comes up; and uptempo attacks LBs and DL fatigue. Nevertheless, QBs must be accurate and great decision maker!

I've seen some hot takes in my day, but this one is smokin!

:11263323124-b207743c78-o: So you're telling me that 3 freshmans quarterbacks know how to run an offensive system better than a 30 year coaching veteran knows how to coach it? :11263324214-66c20be71a-o:

IDK about Williams getting a shirt, either. I think CMR clearly likes him as a player, valuing his skill set and accuracy in particular, and I think his parting statements in the last press conference are very telling: if he needs to use a young guy with very specific directions as to what to do, he will. Now that could also apply to Perry. And they each bring some different variables to the job. And I don't even know what to think about Cade Weldon. Part of me thinks it's possible that CMR would use each or any of them in certain situations or packages. IDK. It will be interesting to see how they are handled in fall ball. They need to all get reps with the first team in order to really get a sense of how they will perform.

And let's face it, MJJs decision will also affect the other guys. If he commits to us soon, we are set for a few years down the road and Richt may decide to make the hard choice on QB 2 (or QB 1b, however you look at it) sooner rather than later, accepting any possible transfer consequences. If he doesn't commit to us, there is more pressure to figure out how to keep and use what we have now until we get a guy in 2020. I can't help but think that MJJ hasn't committed to us already BECAUSE of the crowd currently in our QB room.
Quick let’s call back Vincent Testaverde!!!🤣

So the problem is that Richt is boring and doesn't know how to run RPO? There's no other explanation you might want to explore?

Advertisement
So how can you expect Richt to run RPO if by your own words you stated that; QBs must be accurate and great decision maker! Starter has to be accurate and great decision maker right?

When Malik graduates I'll be ready to start blaming CMR for the QB situation. Then the competitors will ALL be his choices to run his offense and game experience won't be an issue.

Right now, he's doing the best he can with what he has on board .......and right now Malik Rosier seems to be doing the best between what we have on board.

Its up to the others to TAKE the job and they know how and what's needed to do so. The coaches have said that and have open every door for them giving them every opportunity to show it ...even up to the last minute. They can't ask for more than that. The rest is up to them

There's not much else CMR can do except continue to push those here and continue recruiting new ones that fit his system

When Malik graduates I'll be ready to start blaming CMR for the QB situation. Then the competitors will ALL be his choices to run his offense and game experience won't be an issue.

Right now, he's doing the best he can with what he has on board .......and right now Malik Rosier seems to be doing the best between what we have on board.

Its up to the others to TAKE the job and they know how and what's needed to do so. The coaches have said that and have open every door for them giving them every opportunity to show it ...even up to the last minute. They can't ask for more than that. The rest is up to them

There's not much else CMR can do except continue to push those here and continue recruiting new ones that fit his system
Absolutely agree. Richt has been very open and public about where each QB needs to improve by fall camp in order to throw their name in the hat. Now we get to see who has that dog in them.

Advertisement
Clear as day that malik doesn’t have the job sewed up based on richts comments after the spring game, and in other interviews including this one

Malik does not have the job sewed up.. CMR thinks Malik is a smart/experienced football player that can get in and out of plays. Can move protection, prevent a turnover etc etc.... He does not have that confidence yet with the younger guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back