So how does this QB situation play out?

Advertisement
Horrible predictions in here. Lets get back to reality. Rosier will start the season but because he is rosier that's when perry will get a shot. If perry shows he can't get it done then richt may turn to williams.

Horrible predictions in here. Lets get back to reality. Rosier will start the season but because he is rosier that's when perry will get a shot. If perry shows he can't get it done then richt may turn to williams.
I personally haven't made a prediction, therefore, I am not offended by this statement. I do, however, find it quite interesting that you called other predictions horrible, only to follow it up with a horrible prediction of your own.

You basically predicted that Richt could play 3 QB's this year. As much as I love Richt, he is way to conservative to play 3 qb's, especially considering that 2 of them will have the word "Freshman" by their names.

Advertisement
How the backups look in fall will determine how many games (or quarters) Rosier gets before he sees clipboard duty

When is this rule up for a vote?

There's a recap of the ACC meetings theld his past week on the ACC site. There are no immediate decisions coming on any of the issues. This won't be a factor for anyone this season.

Advertisement
Of course its just my opinion. None of us knows the future and everyone's guessing based on available info just like I am.

Rosier not going anywhere. He's doing just enough to stay ahead of Perry and the others. Unfortunately, Perry hasn't yet found it within himself to do what it takes to TAKE the position. He'd be the biggest hero in SFla if he can and Gawd knows that CMR is doing everything possible to keep the doors open. He has all this summer to find it .....IF its in him.

If nothing changes he'll be on the sidelines watching unless Rosier craps in the bed in Dallas or flounders along the way during the season.

I'm sure they all want the position but to date it appears that Williams has done the most with his limited opportunities. He has prepared his body and improving his mind. He will be hard to stop next year so he needs to be close by learning during games this season so I seriously doubt he redshirts

I liked Weldon in the beginning when he arrived but, to date, nothing I've seen or heard from the staff or players indicates that he's moving up in any way as a future possibility for us at QB. The QB conversation no longer includes him and his ailment opened the door for Williams who is now the flavor of the month by staff and players alike.

Its unfortunate for Weldon, he came in early but was later passed by Perry when he arrived in the summer, this year his eye allowed Williams to overtake him. That's a bad break for Weldon unless Williams degrades bigtime, or Weldon improves his game far beyond what he's done to date. All indications are quite the opposite, so it seems that Weldons future tops out as a number 3 here at Miami.

All indications are that he still has some good skills. I'm sure he feels that he could be eventually starting somewhere and will transfer to find out

Last edited:
IDK about Williams getting a shirt, either. I think CMR clearly likes him as a player, valuing his skill set and accuracy in particular, and I think his parting statements in the last press conference are very telling: if he needs to use a young guy with very specific directions as to what to do, he will. Now that could also apply to Perry. And they each bring some different variables to the job. And I don't even know what to think about Cade Weldon. Part of me thinks it's possible that CMR would use each or any of them in certain situations or packages. IDK. It will be interesting to see how they are handled in fall ball. They need to all get reps with the first team in order to really get a sense of how they will perform.

And let's face it, MJJs decision will also affect the other guys. If he commits to us soon, we are set for a few years down the road and Richt may decide to make the hard choice on QB 2 (or QB 1b, however you look at it) sooner rather than later, accepting any possible transfer consequences. If he doesn't commit to us, there is more pressure to figure out how to keep and use what we have now until we get a guy in 2020. I can't help but think that MJJ hasn't committed to us already BECAUSE of the crowd currently in our QB room.

I personally haven't made a prediction, therefore, I am not offended by this statement. I do, however, find it quite interesting that you called other predictions horrible, only to follow it up with a horrible prediction of your own.

You basically predicted that Richt could play 3 QB's this year. As much as I love Richt, he is way to conservative to play 3 qb's, especially considering that 2 of them will have the word "Freshman" by their names.
Notice i said he may go to williams. And you need to do more research on richt. He played 3 qbs in 2015 at uga.

Notice i said he may go to williams. And you need to do more research on richt. He played 3 qbs in 2015 at uga.

History has shown that when Richt plays 3 QBs in a season it is because disaster has struck. The 2018 season will not be pretty if he has to run 3 different guys out there. (Not counting mop-up duty, of course).

Advertisement
What's indicative of our roster at QB is the fact that 3 out of 4 scholarship QBs on the roster were projects coming out of high school. Rosier was a total project, just take a look at his HS film and see the system he ran. Perry is absolutely a flyer although he is very talented athletically. Weldon was a well established pocket passer QB in HS with mobility, but hurt his knee his junior year. Williams is the only true QB on the roster that showed star "QB" skills transferable to D1 football during HS. Let that sink in for a hot minute.

Mine: Rosier gets the W against LSU, then he'll still be the starter going into FSU. He will have had plenty of time to build confidence, adjust to new receivers, improve mechanics and be where Richt hopes he will.

If not, its going to be a disappointing season because first year QB STARS who have led teams to the playoffs, are far and few between. And oh by the way, most had pretty **** decent O-lines and running games.

History has shown that when Richt plays 3 QBs in a season it is because disaster has struck. The 2018 season will not be pretty if he has to run 3 different guys out there. (Not counting mop-up duty, of course).
Uga went 10-3 in 2015.

Advertisement
Uga went 10-3 in 2015.

Which is exactly why Mark Richt didn't deserve to be let go. Finishing with 10 wins in spite of losing Chubb mid-season and suffering through a dumpster fire at the QB position is remarkable.

Notice that I said "could"

As for the 3 qb's argument, I stand corrected. It was my understanding that he only used 3 qb's when an injury was involved, but I was wrong.

Notice that I said "could"

As for the 3 qb's argument, I stand corrected. It was my understanding that he only used 3 qb's when an injury was involved, but I was wrong.

Does having QBs who can't complete a forward pass count as an injury? Because that's what Richt had in 2015.

Advertisement
Back