So does anyone care about the bowl game anymore?

Advertisement
On defense I expect us to emphasize stopping the run and pressuring the rookie QB to beat us with his arm. If we can't stop or at least slow down the run, it's going to be a long game. Their offense is almost all new, including the playbook and OC. We need to take advantage and either force turnovers or at least force them to play it safe. We also need the LBs to have a strong game covering Alabama's TEs since O'Brien is going to turn to them often in short yardage situations while looking to exploit exploit our LBs, arguably the biggest weakness of our defense.

On offense, I expect King to beat them with his arm. We need to try to establish the run game while keeping the defense honest though the passing game. There needs to be a good amount of designed runs for King (and at the same time he needs to protect himself). I doubt our backs will be able to gain a lot of yards on the ground against them but King should be able to gain 50-100 yards off of designed runs and scrambles. Above all, we need to force them into playing man to man with our receivers. Bama's secondary is great but not elite. They don't have a true lockdown corner like in years past. We need to exploit the secondary (especially that ***** Jobe) like Burrow did 2 years ago and Trevor Lawrence the year prior.

On special teams, I expect (hope?) that Miami doesn't give up a TD. I feel like we've been relatively weak in this area, so hopefully Alabama doesn't exploit us. Our kickers a d punters will have a solid game, and I expect (again, hope?) that our returners don't make any boneheads plays like we have the past couple of years.

I'm expecting a low scoring game, and I'm starting to drink the kool aid! Canes win 27-23! GO CANES!!
Wrong thread?

Advertisement
Back